ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa has to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they are well coached
Like I said, opposite of us. Not much Miles can do I guess, his shitty recruiting by not getting anyone that can be a semblance of a post player put himself in this position.

Uthoff has numbers similar to Tim Duncan at this point in his senior season. The guy will enjoy the association for several years.

Reactions: Wasington
THE ugliest basketball team ever assembled? They're all like human caricatures of normal humans.

They're also way better than us.

Watching the iowa basketball team reminds of an old saying my Dad used "Beauty may be only skin deep, but Ugly is all the way to the bone"

Reactions: Soda Popinski
Just like football..... One team is ranked and relevant. The other is not.
Oh yeah, well how about volleyball..... that's right, volleyball!!!!
Too bad Osborne set these programs back with his built-in excuses for so long.

Reactions: HawkeyeinOmaha
Im an Iowa fan and yes, we are an odd looking bunch that is for sure! And that is after graduating White (goofy Red head).

Reactions: huskerbux
Iowa football isn't relevant either, and that's the sad part. I mean it really, really isn't. Especially after that exposure during the Rose Bowl.

Iowa football isn't relevant either, and that's the sad part. I mean it really, really isn't. Especially after that exposure during the Rose Bowl.
Whatever you need to tell yourself. Iowa got more national publicity the last 6 weeks of this season than Nebraska has in the past 15 years total. It's Iowa's 3 BCS level game and 5th top 10 since Neb last accomplished either. Be careful about throwing out exactly who is and isn't relevant in the big picture.

Also as for the Rose Bowl- it sucked. No way around it. But if anyone knows a thing or two about getting blow out on the big stage in recent years it's Nebraska. I don't even have to list examples- we all know them.

Man Gesell would've been a major game changer had he come NU...could've really used a solid PG the last few years around here.

GBR

Like I said, opposite of us. Not much Miles can do I guess, his shitty recruiting by not getting anyone that can be a semblance of a post player put himself in this position.

I don't know how people are still defending the guy. He's funny and cheerful... I get it. But dang this is frustrating.

The measuring stick will be if they are ranked at pre-season and a favorite to win the B1G West. If they meet those 2 criteria then consider them relevant heading into the 2016 season.

Im an Iowa fan and yes, we are an odd looking bunch that is for sure! And that is after graduating White (goofy Red head).

Serious question, other than you and 3 other posters, why is every Iowa fan that comes here acting like a complete tool?

You have to give those peckerwoods (Iowa) credit, football (check, with a burb) baseball (check, check the recent poll), basketball (check, both pointers and sitters) and wrestling is good. It is frustrating. I went to graduate school at ISU and I can tell you I really don't like U of I. So, here's hoping we can pick the pace up because this isn't picnic and it is getting irritating seeing Hawks celebrating at our expense.

Reactions: jimbosc
Serious question, other than you and 3 other posters, why is every Iowa fan that comes here acting like a complete tool?

I use to act pretty bitter towards Husker fans growing up in SW IA during your football hay day. Since you have joined the conference I actually have a lot less hatred towards Nebraska after hanging with the fans in person and always having a good time. Have been to multiple basketball and football games in Lincoln and have been treated great at each. Think the internet brings out the worst on both sides sometimes. Also, familiarity can ease some of that hate and hopefully cultivate a more mutual respect on each side.

Reactions: dpnavy
I use to act pretty bitter towards Husker fans growing up in SW IA during your football hay day. Since you have joined the conference I actually have a lot less hatred towards Nebraska after hanging with the fans in person and always having a good time. Have been to multiple basketball and football games in Lincoln and have been treated great at each. Think the internet brings out the worst on both sides sometimes. Also, familiarity can ease some of that hate and hopefully cultivate a more mutual respect on each side.

Thanks for the response. I wish the majority of Iowa fans followed your example. And before anyone states the obvious I will, " yes we have our share of fans that need to
cease and desist also. "

Reactions: newAD
I will second rrthusker's point, but it it is fun to rib the other guys once and a while--as long as it is done in a non-hateful way, after all we're not the Millwall Rovers.

I will second rrthusker's point, but it it is fun to rib the other guys once and a while--as long as it is done in a non-hateful way, after all we're not the Millwall Rovers.

Pretty sure that is the first Millwall Rover reference ever on this site. :)

Whatever you need to tell yourself. Iowa got more national publicity the last 6 weeks of this season than Nebraska has in the past 15 years total. It's Iowa's 3 BCS level game and 5th top 10 since Neb last accomplished either. Be careful about throwing out exactly who is and isn't relevant in the big picture.

Also as for the Rose Bowl- it sucked. No way around it. But if anyone knows a thing or two about getting blow out on the big stage in recent years it's Nebraska. I don't even have to list examples- we all know them.

And in our first year of a new coaching staff, the only thing that saved your ass in Lincoln this year is a bogus targeting call that put a freshman safety on the field. Despite Tommy Armstrong throwing pics all over the field, we still would have won if Gerry would have been on the field. You couldn't move the ball against our defense when Gerry was on the field...period!

I fully expect to win next year in Iowa City.

HD: I do agree we had a much better chance with Gerry than without but your post is rather assumptive.

Who or what are Millwall Rover?

GBR

HD: I do agree we had a much better chance with Gerry than without but your post is rather assumptive.

GBR

Considering that Iowa had about 120 yards of total offense and no busted plays when Gerry was on the field, I would have liked our chances.

Reactions: newAD
And in our first year of a new coaching staff, the only thing that saved your ass in Lincoln this year is a bogus targeting call that put a freshman safety on the field. Despite Tommy Armstrong throwing pics all over the field, we still would have won if Gerry would have been on the field. You couldn't move the ball against our defense when Gerry was on the field...period!

And I fully expect you to be eating crow again.

And I am fully open to a bet.

GBR
It is a football (soccer) team based in London. They play in the third tier (Football League One) in English football. In the late-60s and the 70s they had a bad, very bad reputation for hooliganism--they are still a problem but not as bad as they were. I am always amused at their chant, "No one likes us; we don't care!" Here is a link to a Lillyhammer episode where the "construction" of a Millwall brick is explained.

Their act was likely retired on our boards and booed off the stage so to speak. Trolls on other teams boards are a pretty low form of animal life. I share the other dude's sentiment that I've actually enjoyed my exchanges with most Husker fans now that they're in the B1G.

As to the topic, I think Miles is a decent coach but I think it's apparent he caught lightning in a bottle a few years ago and now they're kinda back to rebuild mode. Watson looks legit though. He'll be like Gesell in a few years. It will take the other freshmen a bit longer, but potential is there.

Their act was likely retired on our boards and booed off the stage so to speak. Trolls on other teams boards are a pretty low form of animal life. I share the other dude's sentiment that I've actually enjoyed my exchanges with most Husker fans now that they're in the B1G.

As to the topic, I think Miles is a decent coach but I think it's apparent he caught lightning in a bottle a few years ago and now they're kinda back to rebuild mode. Watson looks legit though. He'll be like Gesell in a few years. It will take the other freshmen a bit longer, but potential is there.

Thanks for your take on things, I appreciate it.

So where does that put your 6-7 Huskers?

Haha, yeah because 6-7 is the norm for NU right?

You Iowah fans know exactly what's in store next season. Losing to Iowa State and going back to the norm. It's good though, I'm glad you're savoring your best season ever. A season in which you got humiliated in your bowl game. Your best season and you lose your bowl game, one of NU's worst seasons and they win theirs. If that doesn't tell you something.

It's good though, you have the Hero game trophy or whatever it's called for your heroic efforts in catching passes from Tommy Armstrong.

Pure comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT