ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa has 22 commits already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure both coaches have that game circled every year because honestly for one or both it will be critical in winning the West. Either one or both teams will be battling for the West or one will need to win to keep pace/ahead of Wisc.

Nebraska can have higher aspirations but without winning the Iowa game there is most likely no championship game and with no championship game no playoff. It would be ignorant for Frost not to put a little more importance on the Iowa game than he would Illinois, Maryland, or Rutgers.
OK, I'll get SF on the phone.

If that’s what you’re hearing I suggest you schedule an appointment with an audiologist ASAP. With all those train tracks In Lincoln you might not hear the yearly “Husker Fan Excuse Train” as it plods thru town on its annual excursion and get run over.

You are about to become really depressed. Better start taking prozac in advance.

Actually I’m hoping Nebraska can become competitive so it might become a rivalry as of now it’s so lopsided it isn’t entertaining.

The series is 3-5 Iowa since we joined the B1G. Not that lopsided. If we would have kept Pelini, the series would probably be 6-2 Nebraska right now and he was a terrible coach.

Nebraska will beat Iowa this year.

The series is 3-5 Iowa since we joined the B1G. Not that lopsided. If we would have kept Pelini, the series would probably be 6-2 Nebraska right now and he was a terrible coach.

Nebraska will beat Iowa this year.
As usual the “Excuse Train” pulls into the station.

Frost was pretty clear that Iowa was tougher than NU last year. Bigger and stronger. The problem for Iowa is that NU is fixing the tougher, bigger and stronger part. Iowa's problem is that speed kills and NU has a lot of that. When NU matches Iowa on the will and toughness, then Iowa gets out-athleted.

Frost was pretty clear that Iowa was tougher than NU last year. Bigger and stronger. The problem for Iowa is that NU is fixing the tougher, bigger and stronger part. Iowa's problem is that speed kills and NU has a lot of that. When NU matches Iowa on the will and toughness, then Iowa gets out-athleted.
The results from Iowa’s Pro Days show the “lack of speed” rumors in Iowa City are clearly a misconception on your part.

Speed wins games in September. Toughness and line play win games in November.

Elijah Yelverton TE from Cedar Hill, TX has offers from Georgia, Florida, LSU, Oregon, Michigan, Auburn, Penn St, Arkansas, Arizona St, Nebraska, Kansas St, Kansas, Colorado, Boston College, Purdue, Texas Tech, Utah, TCU and UCF.
Okay, theres one. Looking at their entire list of recruits Nebraska fans would be screaming bloody murder if we had the Iowa list of commits. Nebraska is wisely being selective knowing that a solid record will result in much greater success.

I didn't blame anyone. I simply stated that I don't understand the mentality of ripping another program that has owned you for most of the last 6 years. As much as some would like to, you can't cast off loses just because the coach isn't here any longer. They still count. Iowa > Nebraska over the last 6 years. When that changes, we are free to rip away at Iowa all we want. Until then, it just looks pathetic.

What is still available for discussion is the quality of women in Iowa, the stench that comes out of Council Bluffs, and dozens of other oddities that occur across the river.
All of the past contests count and Nebraska has most of the wins.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Okay, theres one. Looking at their entire list of recruits Nebraska fans would be screaming bloody murder if we had the Iowa list of commits. Nebraska is wisely being selective knowing that a solid record will result in much greater success.
I really don't understand how you guys can justify talking trash about the players Iowa recruits and puts on the field...99% of the guys on our roster have "bought in" to what the coaches ask of them. You've got skill, you've got stars, but i also think you may be taking home the 1st place trophy for most off-season run-ins with the law: Major infractions? At least 1. Minor infractions? Most of them. Who gives a sh*t...it's a lack of discipline and smarts and not something to be proud of. Keep trashing Iowa's guys you dipsh*ts. Makes zero sense.

I really don't understand how you guys can justify talking trash about the players Iowa recruits and puts on the field...99% of the guys on our roster have "bought in" to what the coaches ask of them. You've got skill, you've got stars, but i also think you may be taking home the 1st place trophy for most off-season run-ins with the law: Major infractions? At least 1. Minor infractions? Most of them. Who gives a sh*t...it's a lack of discipline and smarts and not something to be proud of. Keep trashing Iowa's guys you dipsh*ts. Makes zero sense.

You better take your ass back to ark, stupid pos.

Reactions: Bugeater
Guys let it drop already. Iowa fans, this is a Husker board to start with, who gives a crap what we think and why does it matter that much. Huskers really do live rent free in your heads, when your that worried about Husker fans opinions over your 5.3-5.6 3 star recruits you have committed that come to our board just to post your opinions. Living rent free. GBR

STFU, hillbilly Iowa fan, your 30 IQ comments are not welcomed here, dipshit.

That’s what I said, if we would accept the low 2-3 star players like they do...we’d be maxed out as well. But since we recruit nationally at a high level, we won’t be finished till signing day.

I said this in an earlier post, but am going to repeat myself. Nebraska and Iowa both have their own recruiting philosophies but they are not as far apart as both Husker fans and Hawkeye fans on here want to admit.

The reality is both schools are going to compete for the same kids within the 200 miles or so radius of their schools. For every Honas, Henrich, Gunnerson Nebraska gets, Iowa will get a Volk, Jones, and Colby.

Both schools will have major regional ties. Iowa will go into Illinois, Indiana, Georgia, and Michigan while Nebraska will go into Georgia, Missouri, Texas, Arizona, and Colorado. Having connections in these states are crazy important in taking recruits out of Big 12 or SEC country.

The difference is, Nebraska will offer more top level national recruits from areas outside of their main strongholds. I did a rough count using TOS composite data. Nebraska has offered around 185 4* or 5* recruits for 2020 and 125 3* or under recruits. 3/4 of the top 100 kids are committed, with Nebraska getting one, Corcoran, who falls within the 200 mile radius (194 miles) and not a random national recruit. (Betts can easily be added to this list) I love that Coach Frost loves fishing in deep water because once in a while the big ones will bite and can be a difference maker (Martinez).

Other than that, they are recruiting the same dudes.

I said this in an earlier post, but am going to repeat myself. Nebraska and Iowa both have their own recruiting philosophies but they are not as far apart as both Husker fans and Hawkeye fans on here want to admit.

The reality is both schools are going to compete for the same kids within the 200 miles or so radius of their schools. For every Honas, Henrich, Gunnerson Nebraska gets, Iowa will get a Volk, Jones, and Colby.

Both schools will have major regional ties. Iowa will go into Illinois, Indiana, Georgia, and Michigan while Nebraska will go into Georgia, Missouri, Texas, Arizona, and Colorado. Having connections in these states are crazy important in taking recruits out of Big 12 or SEC country.

The difference is, Nebraska will offer more top level national recruits from areas outside of their main strongholds. I did a rough count using TOS composite data. Nebraska has offered around 185 4* or 5* recruits for 2020 and 125 3* or under recruits. 3/4 of the top 100 kids are committed, with Nebraska getting one, Corcoran, who falls within the 200 mile radius (194 miles) and not a random national recruit. (Betts can easily be added to this list) I love that Coach Frost loves fishing in deep water because once in a while the big ones will bite and can be a difference maker (Martinez).

Other than that, they are recruiting the same dudes.

Very close, and for the most part I agree and your right...for the most part. The biggest difference is the Huskers recruit top 250 players and top 100 players while Iowa usually doesn’t. Huskers will always get their share of 4 star top 250 players and usually gets 1-4 top 100 players per year...that’s the only real difference. But the players not in the top 100 or top 250...I agree, that’s where Iowa and Nebraska are after the same players. Nebraska will usually pull the top Nebraska players while Iowa or ISUcks pulls the top Iowa players...USUALLY. Occasionally one will still the top player out of the others state.

Reactions: 3buzzmable
Elijah Yelverton TE from Cedar Hill, TX has offers from Georgia, Florida, LSU, Oregon, Michigan, Auburn, Penn St, Arkansas, Arizona St, Nebraska, Kansas St, Kansas, Colorado, Boston College, Purdue, Texas Tech, Utah, TCU and UCF.
And I imagine several of Nebraska's targets are questionable on the academic side. Or not sure if they will be granted parole to play football.

Husker fans will be fine. Nebraska will end up with a higher rated recruiting class and lose, yet again, on the field.

Funny, Little Penis shows up to bark about a program (Iowa) that will NEVER win anything of substance. Typical 30 IQ Iowa fan you are, Little Penis. Laughing
When Scooter goes 0-2 against The Hawkeyes in November I fully expect to hear the old “Excuse Train” chugging thru Lincoln.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT