ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa has 22 commits already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should Iowa do? Fire KF so we can make excuses about changes of staff, blame a previous coach for current players, go bowless for years on end? Just to sell a pie-in-the-sky national championship that isn’t coming to our fan base? Iowa is fine playing relevant games in November and competing for division/conference titles. Nebraska can keep Nebraskaing.

They keep looking and trying to find the right coaches. I don’t blame them. I suppose they could settle for 7-5 and 8-4 records like you guys do but I do not blame a team for wanting more...
12-0, 8-5, 8-5, 9-4, and a chance to win 10 games this year. Do you even look things up before you post?

12-0, 8-5, 8-5, 9-4, and a chance to win 10 games this year. Do you even look things up before you post?

8-5 is 8-4 in the reg season. I have said countless times your guys ceiling is 9-3...which matches that 9-4. So yeah...I’m actually paying attention. If you don’t like my opinions go back to your own Iowa board. Maybe then you guys can pat yourselves on the backs for all the nothings accomplished. Your on a HUSKER board and we won’t think like you guys do.

What should Iowa do? Fire KF so we can make excuses about changes of staff, blame a previous coach for current players, go bowless for years on end? Just to sell a pie-in-the-sky national championship that isn’t coming to our fan base? Iowa is fine playing relevant games in November and competing for division/conference titles. Nebraska can keep Nebraskaing.
Seriously? If post KF works, good for you, but if not, dont come to us with any excusable 'understandings'

Yep, Kirk Ferentz went 1-10 and then 3-9 his first two years. Had few runs in the early 2000s and then capped out and hasn’t done a thing in a Decade. So Iowa fans and a few Husker fans that assume Frost is bad coach for going 4-8 and 5-7 in his first two years are jumping the gun a bit right? Because we seen what Ferentz did during year 3-5... after going 4-18 his first 2 seasons.
Good point. Does Frost get fired if they don’t make a bowl next year? Yes or no?

Good point. Does Frost get fired if they don’t make a bowl next year? Yes or no?

hell no he won’t and shouldnt be. And I’m calling it now he and the Huskers will make a bowl game next year. 9 games in the pasts 2 season we have lost by a combined total of 38 points...that’s an average of 4.22 points per lose. Frost and the Huskers are right there in those games. So he’s not far off, he even about beat Iowa this season again for the second straight season.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
8-5 is 8-4 in the reg season. I have said countless times your guys ceiling is 9-3...which matches that 9-4. So yeah...I’m actually paying attention. If you don’t like my opinions go back to your own Iowa board. Maybe then you guys can pat yourselves on the backs for all the nothings accomplished. Your on a HUSKER board and we won’t think like you guys do.
8-5 could also be a 7-5 regular season. 5 times Iowa has gone past your ceiling in Kirk’s tenure. Could do it this year. 3 times under Fry with 11 game schedules. I don’t think you have a clue what you’re talking about.

Reactions: Bonerfarts
8-5 could also be a 7-5 regular season. 5 times Iowa has gone past your ceiling in Kirk’s tenure. Could do it this year. 3 times under Fry with 11 game schedules. I don’t think you have a clue what you’re talking about.

When I say ceiling I’m talking about NOW. Not decades ago. I’m talking what Iowa can expect now. 7-5 to 8-4 with 9-3 as your guys ceiling. Let’s watch and see the next several years and see if I’m right...2010 and until now that’s exactly what Iowa averages. Only once while having a cup cake schedule did you guys surpass that average.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
hell no he won’t and shouldnt be. And I’m calling it now he and the Huskers will make a bowl game next year. 9 games in the pasts 2 season we have lost by a combined total of 38 points...that’s an average of 4.22 points per lose. Frost and the Huskers are right there in those games. So he’s not far off, he even about beat Iowa this season again for the second straight season.
Iowa’s three losses this year are by a combined 12 points against top 20 teams. Two of them in the road. I’m guessing that counts as the same as your stats. Nothing.

When I say ceiling I’m talking about NOW. Not decades ago. I’m talking what Iowa can expect now. 7-5 to 8-4 with 9-3 as your guys ceiling. Let’s watch and see the next several years and see if I’m right...
You were way off this year and I don’t expect that to change. Have a good one salty.

You were way off this year and I don’t expect that to change. Have a good one salty.

If you say so. Once USC Trojans hand you a lose, that will make you guys 9-4...your ceiling like it has been since 2010 until now. And I agree, the 7-5s to 8-4s won’t change...they will continue like they have for the past almost decade.

Last edited:
Reactions: steelclaw
Iowa’s three losses this year are by a combined 12 points against top 20 teams. Two of them in the road. I’m guessing that counts as the same as your stats. Nothing.

good twist, we where taking about Frost and if he’d get fired next season if he didn’t make a bowl game. That was my answer and how close he is. Then you made it about Iowa...imagine that from a D Bag Iowa fan. You Iowa fans want us to give you guys credit but you REFUSE to give us credit..so screw that noise.

Last edited:
Looks like iowa fan is becoming dreamers,excuse makers,unrealistic.
Hoping we fire another coach, denying they have a ceiling, with a very rare ability to exceed it, but gets slapped back down to reality against a real team facing real competition.

We had those years, yet we knew okie was going to hand us our hats, or fill in the blank Florida team would.
But, we learned to consistently beat okie, fsu,miami etc.
Have you iowa fan?

Kirk won one game his first season, three his second. It takes time to change a culture remember. All my Iowa fan buddies did was complain about missing out on Stoops those first two seasons.

Iowafans want us to believe that they are great, have awesome teams and records. Let's see, they had to kick a field goal in the closing seconds 2 years in a row to be a 4 and 5 yard win team. Mighty Iowa!!

Because we seen what Ferentz did during year 3-5... after going 4-18 his first 2 seasons.
Ferentz was 28-10 from 2001-2003. I'm not following your argument. Are you saying that Frost is poised to have similar success the next 3 seasons?

Ferentz has a 61% win percentage at Iowa and hasn't won a conference title since 2004. I pray I never root for a team that accepts, and celebrates, that type of mediocrity. Iowa mocks us for firing coaches. I notice that they don't mock Alabama for going through four coaches from 1997-2006 before hiring Saban. They don't seem to mock USC for going through four coaches from 1986-2000 before hiring Carrol. Similarly they don't mock Oklahoma for going through 3 coaches from 1989-1998 before hiring Stoops.

This is what the big boys do. They don't accept mediocrity. They don't accept 21 years of a coach who has won only a single new years six bowl.

We are at a low point in our programs history right now. It sucks. It really sucks. But the truth is that I pray that we are never where Iowa is now.

Lets end this Iowa slap fight now. This board constantly shits on posters that even bring up Iowa or pathetic Hawkeye trolls that hang out here for some reason, and now we are on our 8th page of a pathetic Iowa pissing match. End it now. This is sad. Lets discuss Husker commits and forget about KF 7 win seasons.

If you take out all the Defense and Offensive lineman (about a dozen). You are are still left with 16 non lineman in the NFL. Now you are correct about RBs and WRs, but it's not only linemen at Iowa. I'd argue that no other team in the country to point to the type of success at TE that Iowa has had in the NFL. Its apples and oranges.

Austin Blythe Los Angeles Rams Center
Ike Boettger Buffalo Bills Guard
Bryan Bulaga Green Bay Packers Offensive Tackle
Adrian Clayborn Atlanta Falcons Defensive End
Mike Daniels Detroit Lions Defensive Tackle
James Daniels Chicago Bears Center
Carl Davis Jacksonville Jaguars Defensive Tackle
James Ferentz New England Patriots Center
Jaleel Johnson Minnesota Vikings Defensive Tackle
Riley Reiff Minnesota Vikings Offensive Tackle
Brandon Scherff Washington Redskins Guard
Marshal Yanda Baltimore Ravens Guard

C.J. Beathard San Francisco 49ers Quarterback
Noah Fant Denver Broncos Tight End
Jake Gervase Los Angeles Rams Safety
Anthony Hitchens Kansas City Chiefs Linebacker
T.J. Hockenson Detroit Lions Tight End
Amani Hooker Tennessee Titans Safety
Micah Hyde Buffalo Bills Safety
Josh Jackson Green Bay Packers Cornerback
Josey Jewell Denver Broncos Linebacker
Desmond King II Los Angeles Chargers Cornerback
Christian Kirksey Cleveland Browns Linebacker
George Kittle San Francisco 49ers Tight End
Casey Kreiter Denver Broncos Long Snapper
Greg Mabin Cincinnati Bengals Cornerback
Anthony Nelson Tampa Bay Buccaneers Linebacker
Ben Niemann Kansas City Chiefs Linebacker
I’ll never not laugh at the screen name “Boner Farts.”

Ferentz has a 61% win percentage at Iowa and hasn't won a conference title since 2004. I pray I never root for a team that accepts, and celebrates, that type of mediocrity. Iowa mocks us for firing coaches. I notice that they don't mock Alabama for going through four coaches from 1997-2006 before hiring Saban. They don't seem to mock USC for going through four coaches from 1986-2000 before hiring Carrol. Similarly they don't mock Oklahoma for going through 3 coaches from 1989-1998 before hiring Stoops.

This is what the big boys do. They don't accept mediocrity. They don't accept 21 years of a coach who has won only a single new years six bowl.

We are at a low point in our programs history right now. It sucks. It really sucks. But the truth is that I pray that we are never where Iowa is now.

Nebraska has a helluva long way to go to get where Iowa is now. Nebraska doesn’t have the toughness, discipline or coaching to win games against good teams. The juco pipeline should really help

Nebraska has a helluva long way to go to get where Iowa is now. Nebraska doesn’t have the toughness, discipline or coaching to win games against good teams. The juco pipeline should really help
Last second FG doesn’t seem that far away to me. I know you think your Pelini Light results are amazing, but you aren’t going to find the validation you need on this board.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
My guess is Iowa will do just fine with the recruits they have. If past history is a reliable guide this recruiting class of theirs will bring them to another winning season, but with nothing special beyond that. That is their MO.

As for our recruiting, I really like the guys we have. I think they are difference makers. But we are low on numbers right now in an era of recruiting with an early signing period pushing teams to fill their classes sooner rather than later. I don’t know what our low numbers mean. I am totally clueless. Are we waiting on bigger fish? Have we been losing out on recruiting battles behind the scenes that we are not aware of? Are we waiting for the season to start so our bigger fish recruits can get our game day experience? All of the above?

Recruiting is the lifeblood of college football. So I do get nervous until I see our cupboard is full.

Haha.....I'm with ya Penny. I too am totally clueless. I'm still just blown-away how our staff recruits so damn well even after losing seasons. It's downright amazing!

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

Iowa has the same amount of division titles as Nebraska. Stop it with the “competing” for the division/Big ten title. You are Wisconsin’s bitch just like Nebraska is.

Iowa fans are delusional but not as delusional as some make them out to be. Yes, we have a higher ceiling than they do, but they've had seasons that were just one loss away just like we have. Outside of 93, 94, 95, and 97 our pinnacle over the last 45 years is the same as theirs. We got there more often than they have, but we've both done it.

My biggest problem with Iowa fans is when they have a 4 loss season, they claim to be better than most 2 loss teams. That's something that I havent seen out of Nebraska fans. Rarely, until the last 2 years have I seen husker fans ever claim to be better than our record. 96 and 99 are the only times I can remember it happening.

Iowa fans are delusional but not as delusional as some make them out to be. Yes, we have a higher ceiling than they do, but they've had seasons that were just one loss away just like we have. Outside of 93, 94, 95, and 97 our pinnacle over the last 45 years is the same as theirs. We got there more often than they have, but we've both done it.

My biggest problem with Iowa fans is when they have a 4 loss season, they claim to be better than most 2 loss teams. That's something that I havent seen out of Nebraska fans. Rarely, until the last 2 years have I seen husker fans ever claim to be better than our record. 96 and 99 are the only times I can remember it happening.

Ive never been alive to see Iowa win an outright Big Ten title. And I’m 33.

Ok it’s time to get this thread purposely locked. Iowa fans aren’t going to let this thread die. I’m not going to say a word about the Husker fans because this is a HUSKER BOARD. They have a right to post their opinions and thoughts. If Iowa fans don’t like it or disagree there is the Iowa board...just saying...

this post started July 2019 and here it is still being pulled along. Just shows how many Iowa fans and how often Iowa fans obsess over our Huskers and what Husker fans are thinking. Pathetic .

Reactions: resdog851
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT