ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Game

I guess you better check out where Frost DC at UCF is from.

Just a little secret between you and me...I was joking. Diaco might be better if you give him some time, but his players continued to make very basic mistakes throughout the year, and they were never corrected. Generally coaches that come from Iowa are pretty sound defensively. That's one of the reasons why I think Bielema would do very well here. Unfortunately I'm one of very few on this board that would be OK with him being hired by Nebraska.

Just a little secret between you and me...I was joking. Diaco might be better if you give him some time, but his players continued to make very basic mistakes throughout the year, and they were never corrected. Generally coaches that come from Iowa are pretty sound defensively. That's one of the reasons why I think Bielema would do very well here. Unfortunately I'm one of very few on this board that would be OK with him being hired by Nebraska.
I know Bielema would work at Nebraska that's why I want him at K-State.

Reactions: hexumhawk and 9and4
Based on his age, I'm guessing Chinander was recruited by Fry and played for Ferentz. What kind of player was he?

I think he played OL but not entirely positive on that. I think he was at Iowa during the crossover of Fry/Ferentz and we were awful.

Based on his age, I'm guessing Chinander was recruited by Fry and played for Ferentz. What kind of player was he?

Walk-on, not sure he was ever on scholarship. Didn't play a whole lot, but self-made type of guy, smart and tough. His position coach at Iowa was Joe Philbin, who went on to be on the Packers staff for many years and then head coach with the Dolphins. He's paid his dues at various places. My guess is he would do quite well wherever he ends up, whether on the staff t in Lincoln or elsewhere. These types of guys who have put in the time at all levels I like. They know what it's like to succeed where you have to outwork the other guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT