ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa football coaches...

Iowa sucks.
guy.jpg

...decided not to participate in voluntary salary reductions to offset COVID revenue losses within the athletic department. All the other coaches agreed to the reduction, including the rowing coach....4 sports cut in response. Nice job twinkies.

As with other athletic programs, football is the revenue cow. Other coaches should be grateful of the subsidy they are receiving.

As with other athletic programs, football is the revenue cow. Other coaches should be grateful of the subsidy they are receiving.
Right?

If you are a college coach of tennis or swimming or track...you just shut your ****ing mouth because you have a dream gig. 6 figures to not only coach a sport that no one cares about but that also COSTS the school money.

...decided not to participate in voluntary salary reductions to offset COVID revenue losses within the athletic department. All the other coaches agreed to the reduction, including the rowing coach....4 sports cut in response. Nice job twinkies.

Kirk probably still making payments on WAVE skyscraper

I assure you, there are very very few tennis, swimming or track coaches that make 6 figures.

"A college tennis coach might start on around $30,000 per year, with this potentially rising to $80-90,000 for a head coach at a college that takes the sport seriously. On average, a college coach is likely to earn $35-50,000 per year."

Popular piece on the subject.

Going back to 2014-2015, there were plenty of Iowa fans tired of Ferentz.

He has given back to the University, especially honoring his late granddaughter, who tragically died young.

Reactions: SWIowahawks

It says loads about their selfish and un-team like attitudes. If ANYBODY in that athletic department should have given back some salary as at least a symbol of being a team player it should be Ferentz who literally gets multi-million dollar contract extensions by threatening to go to the pros.

It says loads about their selfish and un-team like attitudes. If ANYBODY in that athletic department should have given back some salary as at least a symbol of being a team player it should be Ferentz who literally gets multi-million dollar contract extensions by threatening to go to the pros.
Don’t be lazy. All you had to do was read four posts above yours.

"A college tennis coach might start on around $30,000 per year, with this potentially rising to $80-90,000 for a head coach at a college that takes the sport seriously. On average, a college coach is likely to earn $35-50,000 per year."

Popular piece on the subject.

Going back to 2014-2015, there were plenty of Iowa fans tired of Ferentz.

He has given back to the University, especially honoring his late granddaughter, who tragically died young.

Didn't his kid (the current OC) live in low income housing? Took it away from a family that needed it. Scumbags.

Reactions: SOHusker11

Nobody dislikes Iowa more than me,, but those 4 sports were not cut in response to football not taking their voluntary reduction. The proposed reductions would have been a rounding error vs the cost of those programs. Iowa gives plenty of ammunition, no reason to make stuff up.

Reactions: Red I 73
If I'm a football coach at a bigtime program swimming in cash from the B1G I'm telling the school not just no, but hell no. Not sure what Iowa did in 2020 but I know a ton of schools waiting until they had parents tuition cash and enrolled students to cut way back and stay cut yet managed to charge the same tuition rate as if kids were in school and admin's at Iowa can suck it for even thinking the football coaches should give something back...if they even did think it. Other coaches at Iowa are a different story. Rowing and tennis coaches and other non revenue producing sports are lucky to have a job doing that at all for a non revenue sport. So I can see them doing it for the goodwill...but not the bellcow..

Reactions: BigTimeFan75

Throughout my career I never cared how much someone else was making

Throughout my career I have never worried about how much someone else makes. I have no clue how much any of my friends make. I have a friend that owns a turbo prop jet and he is building a 20,000 square foot lakefront vacation home. I just figure he has made lots of money. I would never take a cut in pay and would never dream of asking anyone else to do so. Covid or no Covid

Reactions: leodisflowers
Lol, university of iowa got $86 mil in covid relief and has an endowment over $1.5 billion.

good for kirk. I would have done the same.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Of any of the current Iowa coaches throughout the entire athletic dept, KF has given more than anyone to multiple causes.

Kindof like opting out of voluntary vaccinations, don't you think? Putting selfish interests over the greater good of your community's physical and economic health?

Nice to know we still live (so far anyway) in a free and capitalistic society where employers and employees can make their own decisions and everyone on message boards can have an opinion, complain both ways, and make up as much as possible so an other school looks bad. American, gotta love it!

Reactions: hexumhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT