ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fans invading Lincoln

The difference was you didn’t see Iowa fans in KF’s first 2 years claim Iowa was going to be playing for a conference/national championship unlike fans on this board and the NU fans who post on Iowa sites.
Close to 2 million people in NE. One or two come on your board and you act like its everybody. Ok bro.

Good news your sale out streak will remain in tact one more game!

that’s thing is going anywhere, anytime soon. You guys don’t even sale out your own stadium. I’m not to worried about Iowa taking over the Husker stadium. Not even in the slightest bit. You guys will NEVER be like us, no matter how hard you try. GBR
The AD’s had to buy tickets a number of times to keep ‘the streak’ alive. Everyone knows that’s a joke.

I hope McCaffrey starts. That family owns Iowa

Comparing him to his brother is a joke. His brother is a pro bowler who is lighting up the NFL. You have teams run for 300 yards on you, imagine what he'd have done to you. But keep living vicariously through what Stanford did to us, because you sure won't. But starting next year you guys will beat us almost every year right? We've been hearing that from you a long time now

Reactions: iafan44
We lost to the #5 team in country by 5 pts and we lost to the #14 team in the country by 7 pts, holding Penn St to 17 pts and holding Michigan to 10 pts, I know it's hard for you to accept but we may very well shut Nebraska out on Black Friday.
You forgot the other half of that equation. Iowa was lucky to beat Iowa State by one point and lucky to beat an injury riddled Purdue team at home by six points. Iowa will face a Nebraska team at home that will be fired up with nothing to lose. Even if by some miracle that Iowa beats Wisconsin and Minnesota and has a chance to go to Indy, Nebraska isn't going to roll over.

Reactions: donahues17
The AD’s had to buy tickets a number of times to keep ‘the streak’ alive. Everyone knows that’s a joke.

The sellout streak has had help from boosters along the way. But if it was so easy to sell out a 90,000+ stadium (or smaller ones for that matter), shouldn't everyone be able to do it?

In the CFB world of facilities arms races and keeping up with the Joneses, you know other schools would love to sell out their stadium every game if only they could. But you need crazy levels of fan support and, occasionally, well-heeled boosters to pull it off.

The next closest school is Notre Dame and they're roughly 12 years or 100ish games behind. Oregon is 140ish games behind the Domers. Couldn't even tell you who's at #4. Point being, NU fans deserve a lot of credit for supporting the team through thick and thin for damn-near 400 straight. A lot of good-to-great teams in there but plenty of clunkers too.

You forgot the other half of that equation. Iowa was lucky to beat Iowa State by one point and lucky to beat an injury riddled Purdue team at home by six points. Iowa will face a Nebraska team at home that will be fired up with nothing to lose. Even if by some miracle that Iowa beats Wisconsin and Minnesota and has a chance to go to Indy, Nebraska isn't going to roll over.
I will take a close win over losing every day of the week.

We were also missing at least 4 DB's. Iowa State scored on 2 long passes against our true freshman db's who were pressed into service. One of those was a trick play. We were also missing our LT and a DT at least for that game. Iowa State was lucky to be close.

exactly, they have back to back games with Wisconsin and AT WISCONSIN, then they play Minnesota. You’d think these guys would SHUT UP and play the games first. Iowa fans never have been known for their brains.

Wonder if Herkie fans will tear down the goal posts again if they beat Minnesota.

The sellout streak has had help from boosters along the way. But if it was so easy to sell out a 90,000+ stadium (or smaller ones for that matter), shouldn't everyone be able to do it?

In the CFB world of facilities arms races and keeping up with the Joneses, you know other schools would love to sell out their stadium every game if only they could. But you need crazy levels of fan support and, occasionally, well-heeled boosters to pull it off.

The next closest school is Notre Dame and they're roughly 12 years or 100ish games behind. Oregon is 140ish games behind the Domers. Couldn't even tell you who's at #4. Point being, NU fans deserve a lot of credit for supporting the team through thick and thin for damn-near 400 straight. A lot of good-to-great teams in there but plenty of clunkers too.

Hey now, iowa has to compete with ISU and UNI for fans. That makes it hard to sell out their Juco stadium.

Comparing him to his brother is a joke. His brother is a pro bowler who is lighting up the NFL. You have teams run for 300 yards on you, imagine what he'd have done to you. But keep living vicariously through what Stanford did to us, because you sure won't. But starting next year you guys will beat us almost every year right? We've been hearing that from you a long time now

Yep it worked. Triggered

I got offered a free ticket to this game but after yesterday’s loss, I’m not really interested in traveling back for the Iowa game.

I went to this game a few years ago & couldn’t believe how many Hawkeye fans were at the game. If they win out & are playing for a spot in Indy, I can’t even imagine how many will be at Memorial.
Iowa fans have been invading omaha for years, and yet the omaha pd and state patrol still let them cause massive traffic jams during rush hour. usually running out of gas, with a 1 gallon gas can in their hand.

Reactions: Huskred01
Yep it worked. Triggered

LoL, i'm triggered? By what, beating you guys like a drum and watching you guys meltdown every year when you think you guys are going to win the division? I just like pointing out when people say dumb things, and yours was a doozy

LoL, i'm triggered? By what, beating you guys like a drum and watching you guys meltdown every year when you think you guys are going to win the division? I just like pointing out when people say dumb things, and yours was a doozy

You beat a 4-8 team by a FG as time expired last year, I don't call that beating us like a drum. I find it comical that most of your fan base is so butthurt about Nebraska being good for 40 years that you love now to come over since you've had a little bit of an edge for 5 years. Congrats on your recent success against us. Should probably be able to keep it up for a least 1 more year... maybe You are the same mediocre team you always are, we may still give you a game even being as bad as we are, but maybe you'll get another Outback Bowl trophy to go with your long list of underachievement.

Hang on... I'll reply for you with your well thought out responses.

Great reply, did you go to Nowledge U? Is Scott Frost coaching from a closet? Did you win the off-season? Your program is smoke and mirrors because of steroids and criminals.

The sellout streak is more of a fan based recognition and is to be commended for that. Recruits however do not make a decision where to spend the next 4 - 5 years of their lives due to a sellout streak if you think they do you are seriously misinformed.

You beat a 4-8 team by a FG as time expired last year, I don't call that beating us like a drum. I find it comical that most of your fan base is so butthurt about Nebraska being good for 40 years that you love now to come over since you've had a little bit of an edge for 5 years. Congrats on your recent success against us. Should probably be able to keep it up for a least 1 more year... maybe You are the same mediocre team you always are, we may still give you a game even being as bad as we are, but maybe you'll get another Outback Bowl trophy to go with your long list of underachievement.

Hang on... I'll reply for you with your well thought out responses.

Great reply, did you go to Nowledge U? Is Scott Frost coaching from a closet? Did you win the off-season? Your program is smoke and mirrors because of steroids and criminals.

And we find it comical that you guys constantly bring up 2 decades ago and act like it's just 1 season away from you being there again. You guys came back on us last year because our coach got cute by the goal line, and you converted like 4 4th downs, yet, you still lost. How about the 2 games before that? As far as outback bowl trophies go, they are better than going to the toilet bowl at 4-8 every year huh?

Iowa fans will not invade Lincoln. Nebraska fans to loyal to sell their tickets to Iowa fans. Iowa fans do sell their tickets for holiday money I have been told.
One thing I have to give credit to Nebraska for is your fans. You are all loyal as hell. You all get mad as hell but when that’s stops apathy sinks in so don’t stop. Crazy fans is what makes this game good. We are small states but both have pride.

So these games is what keeps collage football alive and well.

Iowa fans will not invade Lincoln. Nebraska fans to loyal to sell their tickets to Iowa fans. Iowa fans do sell their tickets for holiday money I have been told.
One thing I have to give credit to Nebraska for is your fans. You are all loyal as hell. You all get mad as hell but when that’s stops apathy sinks in so don’t stop. Crazy fans is what makes this game good. We are small states but both have pride.

So these games is what keeps collage football alive and well.

Iowa's had big crowds in Lincoln each of the last several meetings in Lincoln.....I expect this year to be no different. They will be loud and they will show up.

And we find it comical that you guys constantly bring up 2 decades ago and act like it's just 1 season away from you being there again. You guys came back on us last year because our coach got cute by the goal line, and you converted like 4 4th downs, yet, you still lost. How about the 2 games before that? As far as outback bowl trophies go, they are better than going to the toilet bowl at 4-8 every year huh?

I live in the present with our current coach like you Iowa fans tell us to do. You have the same excuses... That is why we play the games. It doesn't matter what your coach does, you barely beat a 4-8 team. The difference is one program accepts mediocrity and one doesn't. The one that doesn't, it hasn't worked so well. With that said, I'd much rather take the chance then to be stuck in neutral. It could end badly for you as well if you hand the keys over to BF. That'll be fun.

The sellout streak is more of a fan based recognition and is to be commended for that. Recruits however do not make a decision where to spend the next 4 - 5 years of their lives due to a sellout streak if you think they do you are seriously misinformed.

Given that I didn't even mention recruiting in my post, I don't know why you would invent an extreme take and then tell me how misinformed I am if I believe it.

Of course recruits don't choose NU specifically for the sellout streak. However, we frequently hear comments about our fan support and "crazy" game-day atmosphere playing a role in their decision. The sellout streak and atmosphere at Memorial are products of the fan support.

So no, it's not that NU has a crazy sellout streak going. It's that having a sold out stadium for 50+ years means that we've had a unique and consistent game-day experience for as long as the recruits (and their parents) can remember. I don't think we'd hear those comments if the Stadium was 80% full or if the fans decided not to show up for certain games.

Hey now, iowa has to compete with ISU and UNI for fans. That makes it hard to sell out their Juco stadium.
I don’t want to minimize the fact that Nebraska fans are probably one of the most loyal fans in America but can’t deny the factor of having two major colleges.

When both Iowa and ISU are playing at home on Saturdays, there are 131,000 fans in those two stadiums. The dynamic of the two states populations makes a difference as well. Isn’t like 95% of Nebraska’s population within an hour of Lincoln? Heck, Des Moines to Iowa City is 2 hours.

Nebraska’s dominance of the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s play a big role in “stealing” potential Iowa/ISU fans as well so I’m not going to downplay how impressive Nebraska’s attendance record.

Did you graduate 8th grade?

Most Iowa fans don't give Iowa much of a chance at Wisconsin. Believe it or not, Iowa has had worse offenses this decade. Iowa has been able to move the football this season. It's been inside opponents' terrority that Iowa's offense turns into a joke.

IIRC Hawkeyes are 100% inside the red zone. Too many FGs is the problem. Which is your point of course.

Reactions: hexumhawk
I don’t want to minimize the fact that Nebraska fans are probably one of the most loyal fans in America but can’t deny the factor of having two major colleges.

When both Iowa and ISU are playing at home on Saturdays, there are 131,000 fans in those two stadiums. The dynamic of the two states populations makes a difference as well. Isn’t like 95% of Nebraska’s population within an hour of Lincoln? Heck, Des Moines to Iowa City is 2 hours.

Nebraska’s dominance of the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s play a big role in “stealing” potential Iowa/ISU fans as well so I’m not going to downplay how impressive Nebraska’s attendance record.

This is spot on and part of a long-standing theory I have about what made/makes Nebraska special: no Nebraska State. There's private Creighton without a football program and that's it. UNO football isn't even around anymore.

But it goes beyond that. There are only three states that have only one FBS program and no major sports teams (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL). It's a trivia question I like to throw out when explaining the culture of NU fandom to outsiders. Nebraska is a freebie so you just have to name the other two. Go...

Time's up! The answer is Nebraska, Wyoming and Hawaii. Wyoming and Hawaii have never been considered football powers and neither is a Power 5 school. So Nebraska is truly unique in its makeup as a major college football program with little-to-no competition for in-state fan support.

It's an advantage that has served us well. We were just small enough as a state, population wise, in the 19th century that one land grant institution was enough. And like you said, Nebraska's population is heavily weighted on the eastern end with Omaha and Lincoln just down the road from each other.

While Nebraska's population and makeup as a state hasn't made for fertile in-state recruiting grounds over the years, it's been just about the perfect setup when it comes to fan support.

Last edited:
ONLY, and I mean ONLY a husker fan would talk crap about any other team whether it is their offense or defense. Look at your record and add in the beating you are going to get in your next game.
I saw this a while ago on a from another guy on here and thought it was appropriate here.....
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT