ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa coach has some explaining to do

because now kurt’s draconian oversight is potentially taking money out of his beloved players’ pockets.

If it's so draconian, why did they agree to play football for him? If you earned a scholly from Iowa, you probably had several other options....and you chose Iowa.

My son is in the Air Force, which has a strict rule against getting involved in political discussion on social media, he cannot even like a post about it....should he now complain that the man is holding him down and get his entire contract renegotiated? Or be let out of the service all together? Are we really going to let people agree to contract terms, sign on the dotted line, then go through this later?

If it's so draconian, why did they agree to play football for him? If you earned a scholly from Iowa, you probably had several other options....and you chose Iowa.

My son is in the Air Force, which has a strict rule against getting involved in political discussion on social media, he cannot even like a post about it....should he now complain that the man is holding him down and get his entire contract renegotiated? Or be let out of the service all together? Are we really going to let people agree to contract terms, sign on the dotted line, then go through this later?

he can demand a change or ignore the policy and then the Air Force can decide what to do

likewise Iowa can can suspend or dismiss players that do not adhere to their policies or they can change their policies

Last edited:

in 2019, the policy was neither here nor there, just like the USAF’s. the cost of doing business if you want to be a part of the program.

in 2020, the ability to gain followers directly impacts a player’s wallet. thus, the policy means a hell of a lot more, thus, them ‘relaxing’ it.

this is all not to mention the vast chasm of volunteerism involved with joining the military vs signing an LOI, which I will not get into.

your son signed every part of his individualism away when he joined the USAF. he’s a hero and I thank him for his service.

football players don’t do that for a scholarship.

So do we let Iowa, or Kirk, or any other program modify what they agreed to in the same contract, if they think of something that might benefit them down the line they had not foreseen, but can now prove if they go back on their word it could mean more money for the school or coach, so they get to do that to?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
So do we let Iowa, or Kirk, or any other program modify what they agreed to in the same contract, if they think of something that might benefit them down the line they had not foreseen, but can now prove if they go back on their word it could mean more money for the school or coach, so they get to do that to?

I’m not tracking - do you think a player agreement not to be on social media is in any way a legally binding contract?

I don’t think we have any say in policing what Iowa or any other program can or can’t do

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I’m not tracking - do you think a player agreement not to be on social media is in any way a legally binding contract?

I don’t think we have any say in policing what Iowa or any other program can or can’t do

Both sides agreed to this, now one side wants to renegotiate because it can help them financially....so by that logic, if Iowa or Kirk can prove if they break their word or contract terms they can make more money, is that OK?? Or do we just expect one side to honor their word but the other side doesn't have to? In other words, agree to whatever, sign your name(s) to it, but don't expect me to honor it? People don't see the pitfalls to that??

I've had plenty of arguments with fellow Huskers on this board over the years but its fully my intention to watch Iowa burn down this weekend.

Maybe I'll even spring for some fruity alcoholic beverages.

One of my gay friends told me why they prefer fruity drinks.

exactly. iowa is allowed to have all the backassward rules they'd like.

Both sides agreed to this, now one side wants to renegotiate because it can help them financially....so by that logic, if Iowa or Kirk can prove if they break their word or contract terms they can make more money, is that OK?? Or do we just expect one side to honor their word but the other side doesn't have to? In other words, agree to whatever, sign your name(s) to it, but don't expect me to honor it? People don't see the pitfalls to that??
a 'contract' is agreed to.

rules directly impacting the contract are drastically changed.

the contract is not allowed to be re-negotiated?

this is like saying the speed limit was 45 when you got your driver's license. now it's 65, but you'll still need to abide by the rules that were in place when your ID was issued.

it is not a contract and Iowa can choose whether or not it is in their best interests to enforce it or not - renegotiations happen all the time

even the military bends or implements new rules to better mirror social norms/expectations - I bet there are some changes in the military that happen quickly based on these protests

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
He really came here to tell us the mother of one of the Iowa players is going to try to get other teams in hot water, so Nebraska could be next. Unbelievable.
he-protec-he-attac-but-most-importantly-he-aflac-aflac-49308582.png

With the change our recruits and players are finally free to interact with douchebags like your famous Barry Kienow. This asshat is tweeting Iowa recruits like Arland Bruce and calling them things like half ass WRs. Great representative of your fanbase

With the change our recruits and players are finally free to interact with douchebags like your famous Barry Kienow. This asshat is tweeting Iowa recruits like Arland Bruce and calling them things like half ass WRs. Great representative of your fanbase
Just wondering... how do you know he’s a husker fan?

Reactions: scarletred
I have never heard of the guy. What makes you think he's a Nebraska fan? Also, probably not the time for more stereo typing, Mr. Iowa fan.

If you read his tweets he is recruiting the kids like Bruce to Nebraska and signs some GBR so......

You mean stereotyping like you and huskersssaults do in your hundreds of anti Iowa posts? Gotcha Mr Husker fan

If you read his tweets he is recruiting the kids like Bruce to Nebraska and signs some GBR so......
Not sure if you understand how the internet works, so I will try to help you out. This one’s on me.

Did you know people can and do pretend to be fans of other schools? It’s unbelievable how often that occurs. They create fake screen names, sprinkle in little sayings that would easily identify them as a fan of a certain school, all to make that school look bad...

I know, crazy, right?

A lot of positive dialogue coming out of this. I expect a Disney movie someday about the upcoming championship season.

I've got news for you buddy. The way you were raised might not have been the right way. There's been all kinds of white kids who went off to college and needed a behavior adjustment as well.

I don't want to defend Iowa's staff, but cmon man. Enough of this crap.
What is the right way?????

I'm only watching that movie if Kirk Ferentz is played by Gilbert Gottfried and Brian Ferentz is played by Bobcat Goldthwait.

I think everyone is assuming the role of Chris Doyle will be played by former MLB reliever John Rocker who won't be given lines, but simply told to go do his thing....in part because both men are known to be careless with their words, but also because the film director will want to give Rocker the same level of autonomy and negligent lack of oversight as Iowa gave to Doyle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frozone
Not sure if you understand how the internet works, so I will try to help you out. This one’s on me.

Did you know people can and do pretend to be fans of other schools? It’s unbelievable how often that occurs. They create fake screen names, sprinkle in little sayings that would easily identify them as a fan of a certain school, all to make that school look bad...

I know, crazy, right?

896.jpg

Reactions: timnsun
What is the right way?????
Be respectful of other people and don't act like a dumbshit if you don't want to be treated like one. That's a good start. Work hard and don't whine about every little perceived insult. Life is going to be full of them so you might as well get over it early.

Reactions: scarletred
Yes, let’s blame and stereotype an entire race based on the actions of a few, especially when some of the destruction was done by whites.

Racist assholes will continue to use things like this to continue to be racist assholes, in that regard things won’t change. But the discussion is changing, people are listening and understanding. You can choose to continue to dismiss other humans because of some people’s behavior, or you can grow as a human and move forward.
As the uncle of a black niece and nephew, we might not like the idea that this hurts other blacks BUT IT DOES. It's just human nature. This reinforces preexisting prejudices. We need WAY more stories of black and white people working together to curb violence and help each other. These riots were not the answer. Video after video of young black men vandalizing and looting stores was just devastating to the cause. JMHO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT