ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Basketball

Why don't you go back to your iowa board and cheer your team on? And why were iowa fans wanting Nebraska to win? Dislike of Wisconsin more perhaps?
What is it with the big 10, that your supposed to cheer a fellow big 10 opponent during bowl season or basketball tournament, just after they beat the carp out of your team by 40 point during the regular season. Well to me screw Wisconsin, screw Ohio state among others

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Is there any Husker fans that will root for Iowa in the NCAA tournament? I get the animosity towards some Iowa fans that come over here to talk trash (happens on Iowa’s board too) but there was a thread Friday on the Iowa site on the Nebraska / Wisconsin game and the majority of Iowa fans was hoping the Huskers would win. Most Iowa and BIG fans cheer for each other in the tournament. What say you?
For me it depends on the team and their opponent. I wouldn't root for Wisconsin if they were playing the Taliban. If Indiana cries its way into the tournament, I will first puke and then root against them. For everyone else I'm somewhat indifferent, at least now that Aaron Craft has graduated.

What is it with the big 10, that your supposed to cheer a fellow big 10 opponent during bowl season or basketball tournament, just after they beat the carp out of your team by 40 point during the regular season. Well to me screw Wisconsin, screw Ohio state among others
I've got nothing against a team if they beat Nebraska by 30-40 points, I figure if Nebraska got beat that bad, they deserved it. But the shovel head iowa dorks that come here to pop off, or seek some kind of adoration or validation for their team, wanting Husker fans to pull for iowa or any other team is idiotic at best, people will pull for who they want.

Hell, I'm no Texas fan, but back in that classic 2006 Rose Bowl, I was pulling for them because I despise USC. iowa dolts like the three that have been hanging around lately need to whine on their own board, if I was a mod here, they'd have been gone long ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Iowa has now beaten the Big12 & Pac12 tournament champions with the possible B1G tournament champion on deck. 7 seed is in the realm.
Wow, a 7 seed was in the realm and yet Iowa somehow ended up as a 10.

I think that's about right, and I'll confess that I would love for the Huskers to be getting in as a 10 seed. But it looks like that win over Illinois was pretty important after all, especially since it's Iowa's only W in nearly a month.

Wow, a 7 seed was in the realm and yet Iowa somehow ended up as a 10.

I think that's about right, and I'll confess that I would love for the Huskers to be getting in as a 10 seed. But it looks like that win over Illinois was pretty important after all, especially since it's Iowa's only W in nearly a month.

Is what it is! I'll say I'd rather have the 7-10 or even 6-11 (non play-in) line than 8-9. Let's play it out!

It doesn't matter that getting into the tournament has gotten iowa absolutely nothing. 29 wins and for what? Any national titles to speak of? That trophy case will always remain empty for 50 IQ iowa fan.
Plenty of Final 4s, Elite 8’s, and Sweet 16’s though. Iowa is back where they belong, back at The Dance!

It’s like playing your brothers in the backyard or driveway. You want to beat them badly and maybe even rub it in a little but once you’re in the stands watching them play someone else then you’re cheering for them. That’s the best way I can describe the BIG in the postseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: kwicasso and 9and4
Pretty good draw for the Hawks, especially that possible 2 line matchup. Welcome to March Madness!

Cook is the only starter that matches the athleticism of the Cincy starting 5. Teams with better athletes don’t always win, but I like Cincys chances against iowa.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT