ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Basketball

And then I’ll enjoy watching Fran blow up and get boot raced again.:)

They'll win one off the 8/9 line & draw Duke Kentucky to get raced. May have a fight if they can draw Virginia or Gonzaga. We'll see. Fun tournament!
And then I’ll enjoy watching Fran blow up and get boat raced again.:)
At least no boatrace by Miss St in NIT! They made it, good for them. Other one is....3/4 seed NIT - again?

Reactions: sltldowney
Yeah hypotheticals just don't work. In football or basketball. You are what your record says you are. One is a tournament team, the other is not.

Cool, the record is 10-9 Iowa since WWII. You guys owned us when everyone went to the game via horseback or train.

This is so effing typical of effing iowa fan. Sweet Jesus, first its all about the “record” next thing you know it’s all about the “record since WWII”. JFC these iowa fans are an effing disgrace. What a bunch of effing ahole PsOS. And on Saint Patrick’s Day weekend no less! Disgraceful DBags.

They'll win one off the 8/9 line & draw Duke Kentucky to get raced. May have a fight if they can draw Virginia or Gonzaga. We'll see. Fun tournament!

At least no boatrace by Miss St in NIT! They made it, good for them. Other one is....3/4 seed NIT - again?

Want to bet on them winning that 1st round games?

I like the possible teams mentioned matchup wise, but I'll wait to see who it is.

You have to wait for 8,9,10 seed for the first round game....

Not much confidence! don’t blame you.. Iowa friends of mine Don’t think Iowa is going anywhere..

Since your changing the agenda can we compare New Years 6/ Major Bowl wins..

Nebraska 14
Iowa 3 ( one since 1960)
It doesn't matter that getting into the tournament has gotten iowa absolutely nothing. 29 wins and for what? Any national titles to speak of? That trophy case will always remain empty for 50 IQ iowa fan.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Iowa does currently and will in the future stink in all ways... well I did like Field of Dreams and I admire the tribute to the kids in the hospital

S
My personal predictions have nothing to do with it. Oregon finished 6th in a terrible conference that isn't a lock to get any at-large bids. The only reason on God's green Earth you're putting them on the bubble is because they lost to Iowa. But yeh, I'm being too emotional and just am not familiar enough with Oregon to know where they stand in the at-large pecking order.

As long as we're cherry-picking, CBS Sports isn't even convinced Washington and ASU are in, and there's no way they're not getting an at-large before Oregon:
CBS on bubble teams

Iowa has now beaten the Big12 & Pac12 tournament champions with the possible B1G tournament champion on deck. 7 seed is in the realm.

These two sites are usually pretty reliable. Where do they have Oregon seeded?

Not sure where Oregon will be seeded after breezing through the PAC12 Championship. Didn't know they were playing so well for a few weeks now.:rolleyes:

Not sure where Oregon will be seeded after breezing through the PAC12 Championship. Didn't know they were playing so well for a few weeks now.:rolleyes:
Wow, you mean conference tournament champions get a bid to the NCAA Tournament? What a scoop - you really do know your college basketball!

In case you didn't pick up on it, Oregon was not getting an at-large bid if they had lost last night, even after winning the three previous nights. But yeah, they were totally on the bubble just like you said - Mr. Basketball Genius!

My God, what a self-important blowhard.

Last edited:
Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Wow, you mean conference tournament champions get a bid to the NCAA Tournament? What a scoop - you really do know your college basketball!

In case you didn't pick up on it, Oregon was not getting at at-large bid if they had lost last night, even after winning the three previous nights. But yeah, they were totally on the bubble just like you said - Mr. Basketball Genius!

He's an iowa fan, what'd you expect? He's like all the other 50 IQ iowa dolts that come around here, trying to brag about basketball and football programs that never win championships. Hilarious.

Iowa has now beaten the Big12 & Pac12 tournament champions with the possible B1G tournament champion on deck. 7 seed is in the realm.
So what exactly was incorrect about what I posted? I said Oregon wasn't getting an at-large bid, and they weren't going to if they had lost to either Arizona State or Washington - two teams that are now waiting to see if Oregon's automatic bid took their spot in the tournament.

While we are all in sheer awe of your basketball expertise, I'm pretty sure all of us already knew that conference tournament champions get into the NCAA Tournament. If I was pulling for a team that's won one game in the past four weeks, and that was over powerhouse Illinois, I'm not sure I'd be gasbagging about how recent results have given them a tailwind heading into the tournament.

In case you didn't pick up on it, Oregon was not getting at at-large bid if they had lost last night, even after winning the three previous nights. But yeah, they were totally on the bubble just like you said - Mr. Basketball Genius!

Yes, they were on Lunardi's last four out (bubble) before their game yesterday. Nailed that one. You sir, were in denial.

https://www.pacifictakes.com/2019/3...watch-3-11-is-oregon-officially-on-the-bubble

https://www.frogsowar.com/2019/3/15...tball-bubble-watch-march-15th-2019-tournament

https://bracketresearch.com/bracketology-bracket-projection/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...adness-bracket-projection-todays-games-watch/

Last one, they even throw Nebraska some kibble! (It was discussed at length on here, no matter how silly, they may get consideration with upset of Wisconsin.)

Of course, I wasn't trying to help Iowa - didn't need to.They were comfortably in since mid-February. Long day ahead, getting anxious to find out matchups.

Last edited:
Reactions: sltldowney
Yes, they were on Lunardi's last four out (bubble) before their game yesterday. Nailed that one. You sir, were in denial.

https://www.pacifictakes.com/2019/3...watch-3-11-is-oregon-officially-on-the-bubble

https://www.frogsowar.com/2019/3/15...tball-bubble-watch-march-15th-2019-tournament

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...adness-bracket-projection-todays-games-watch/

Last one, they even throw Nebraska some kibble! (It was discussed at length on here, no matter how silly, they may get consideration with upset of Wisconsin.)

Of course, I wasn't trying to help Iowa - didn't need to.They were comfortably in since mid-February. Long day ahead, getting anxious to find out matchups.
So even after beating Utah and Arizona State, Oregon still was not getting an at-large bid. What exactly was I in denial about, blowhard?

My God, I actually used to kind of like Iowa basketball. But that was before this board started attracting self-important gasbags with way too much time on their hands.

Last edited:
So even after beating Utah and Arizona State, Oregon still was not getting at-large bid. What exactly was I in denial about, blowhard?
I never said you were in denial. Heck I would've agreed with you that Oregon probably wouldn't make it.

The whole point was you were adamant that in no way shape or form Oregon was on any bubble lists pre 3/16/19. Every link was 3/15/19. Iowa beat bubble team Oregon. That was the original premise. It held true, now it doesn't matter obviously both teams are in.

I never said you were in denial. Heck I would've agreed with you that Oregon probably wouldn't make it.

The whole point was you were adamant that in no way shape or form Oregon was on any bubble lists pre 3/16/19. Every link was 3/15/19. Iowa beat bubble team Oregon. That was the original premise. It held true, now it doesn't matter obviously both teams are in.
Oregon wasn't on the bubble lists that anyone pays attention to. Hell I could have found a few blogs - as you apparently did - that had Nebraska listed as a bubble team, but Nebraska wasn't even going to be in the conversation unless it beat Wisconsin and wasn't playing its way onto the bubble unless it followed that up with a win over Michigan State. So if I had declared Nebraska a bubble team after beating Maryland, would that have been correct?

Oregon wasn't on the bubble lists that anyone pays attention to. Hell I could have found a few blogs - as you apparently did - that had Nebraska listed as a bubble team, but Nebraska wasn't even going to be in the conversation unless it beat Wisconsin and wasn't playing its way onto the bubble unless it followed that up with a win over Michigan State. So if I had declared Nebraska a bubble team after beating Maryland, would that have been correct?

Only saw the one mention. If you wanted it to be true, sure go ahead. I'd have been a realist & thought at 18-15, the NET ranking, tough league, yeah, maybe a very outside shot. The conversation of bubble counts, even if we both know their chances are 1% or less. The hot talk in here was more than just you or me thinking it was becoming closer & closer, so yeah, chalk it up. It's what makes tournament time so much fun, the 'what-ifs'.

Don't worry, iowa will fold like the cheap chair that they are, and another tournament will end like all the others, nothing to show for it.
Nonsense! Sure they've won only one game since Feb. 22, (and that was over Illinois) but the committee will view them as a hot team because Oregon won its conference tournament!

Nonsense! Sure they've won only one game since Feb. 22, (and that was over Illinois) but the committee will view them as a hot team because Oregon won its conference tournament!

Hot team? Probably not, but that's why they look at the whole picture, not just a mini slump. 20-5 at some point in season holds as much weight as finishing 22-11.

Last edited:
Only saw the one mention. If you wanted it to be true, sure go ahead. I'd have been a realist & thought at 18-15, the NET ranking, tough league, yeah, maybe a very outside shot. The conversation of bubble counts, even if we both know their chances are 1% or less.
I never thought or said Nebraska was on the bubble. But entering the week Nebraska's metrics were very similar to Oregon's. The main difference, and the reason there was no way in Hell Nebraska was getting in, is that Nebraska wasn't playing in a dogcrap conference tournament. But entering the week Nebraska may have actually had a path to an at-large bid, unrealistic as it might have been. Oregon did not. And if you don't have a path to an at-large bid, you're not a bubble team. You're just another team whose only path to a bid is to win your conference tournament.

Last edited:
You do realize that Nebraska basketball is the worst P5 team in NCAA history right?

It’s actually funny, not one person is talking Huskers and yet you guys keep throwing the Huskers up there like we are trying to brag them up. We know our team sucks, it’s just to bad you guys don’t realize your basketball team sucks as well. Difference between denial and realization I guess.

Is there any Husker fans that will root for Iowa in the NCAA tournament? I get the animosity towards some Iowa fans that come over here to talk trash (happens on Iowa’s board too) but there was a thread Friday on the Iowa site on the Nebraska / Wisconsin game and the majority of Iowa fans was hoping the Huskers would win. Most Iowa and BIG fans cheer for each other in the tournament. What say you?

Reactions: kwicasso
You do realize that Nebraska basketball is the worst P5 team in NCAA history right?
Doesn't matter, what does matter is no matter how many times iowa gets into the tournament, it will ALWAYS end without any hardware. In your lifetime, you will never see iowa win a title in basketball or football. Hilarious.

Is there any Husker fans that will root for Iowa in the NCAA tournament? I get the animosity towards some Iowa fans that come over here to talk trash (happens on Iowa’s board too) but there was a thread Friday on the Iowa site on the Nebraska / Wisconsin game and the majority of Iowa fans was hoping the Huskers would win. Most Iowa and BIG fans cheer for each other in the tournament. What say you?
Why don't you go back to your iowa board and cheer your team on? And why were iowa fans wanting Nebraska to win? Dislike of Wisconsin more perhaps?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT