ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa and Purdue

SuperBigFan

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 10, 2021
Seems like both fan bases either want their HC gone and/or assume their HC will leave because they have accomplished all the can.

PU fans seem to think that there is a chance that Jeff leaves for L'Ville if that job opens and many fans feel he will go down as one of the best coaches in PU history.

Could be a lot of new coaches in the west next year.

Kurt should be gone but they probably can't get rid of him.
Jeff might be gone, best team in the last 20 years at PU with an easy schedule and they are struggling to make a bowl.
Fleck might try to jump ship if he can
NU is getting a new coach.
NW might not win another game, does Pat "retire"?

Seems like both fan bases either want their HC gone and/or assume their HC will leave because they have accomplished all the can.

PU fans seem to think that there is a chance that Jeff leaves for L'Ville if that job opens and many fans feel he will go down as one of the best coaches in PU history.

Jeff might be gone, best team in the last 20 years at PU with an easy schedule and they are struggling to make a bowl.
I’m not sure Purdue wants Brohm gone..If they beat Ioway and Illinois their back in the race wining the West..

Reactions: jsachisler
On the flip side, it is possible Nebraska and Wisconsin are the only B1G teams to change coaches and they could both hire their Interim Coach.

Kurt isn't going anywhere.
No one else wants Fleck and he makes big money at Minny, so they are stuck with each other.
Pat would never get fired at NW and it's hard to see him tuck tail and just quit.

I do think Brohm would take the Louisville job this time around, but is that job going to open up?

On the flip side, it is possible Nebraska and Wisconsin are the only B1G teams to change coaches and they could both hire their Interim Coach.

No one else wants Fleck and he makes big money at Minny, so they are stuck with each other.
Pat would never get fired at NW and it's hard to see him tuck tail and just quit.

I do think Brohm would take the Louisville job this time around, but is that job going to open up?
Iowa would need Kurt to retire...but that is not happening. They are stuck. No matter how badly they want him gone.

Captain Kirk was depending on his son being successful as the offensive coord and taking over the head coaching job but he is failing miserably calling plays and making QB better..
I think so too.

I think it was his son taking over...Kurt moving into the AD role or a role similar to that...then Kurt making sure his son got some sweet deals as well.

If a Purdue fan wants Brohm gone, they are dumb. They should be able to get a good replacement though. I'm more interested in knowing how Purdue is struggling to make a bowl when they control their own destiny in the west? I'd also take last years team over this years, but that's just me

Captain Kirk was depending on his son being successful as the offensive coord and taking over the head coaching job but he is failing miserably calling plays and making QB better..
hate to see it RollingLaugh

sooooo many iowa fans crawling all over this board like the roaches they are for the last few years have gone completely missing

the absolute softest bunch of fake front runners as exists in this country

hard to imagine a more embarrassing & meaningless existence than that of an iowa fan

@SWIowahawks you never answered my question during that anal prolapsing you experienced this past weekend. how many Nebraska fans were starting threads and running victory laps on your board?

my guess: ZERO!

KF is safe as long as AD Barta still around. Iowa will use same playbook with KF as they did with Hayden, he’ll be allowed to step aside when he is ready. Think it is entirely possible BF seeks a position in NFL next season if he can’t turn around the Iowa offense the last 5 games, that way he preserves dad’s legacy.

I think Louisville isn't pleased with him overall and had read things speculating he is gone after this year (absent a winning seaso) and going into year 4, trending downward. He's a disappointment, as he came in hot from Appalachian St.

The 4 years before Brohm arrived at Purdue, they were awful (worse than the greatest 3-9 team of all time, awful). Brohm gas stabilized and elevated their program.

Satterfield has a pretty "low" buyout, so now would be the time. Brohm would do well there and absent of Clemson could get Louisville back near the top of that conference in short order. Bigger question is, is the ACC safe or do they get picked over? Louisville would probably land in a good P5 situation.

Silly season is right around the corner.

KF is safe as long as AD Barta still around. Iowa will use same playbook with KF as they did with Hayden, he’ll be allowed to step aside when he is ready. Think it is entirely possible BF seeks a position in NFL next season if he can’t turn around the Iowa offense the last 5 games, that way he preserves dad’s legacy.
what position would be available to him the NFL?

and what is dad's legacy after 30 years?

the answer to both questions is the same - NONE

Reactions: zrob and BleedRed78
I think Louisville isn't pleased with him overall and had read things speculating he is gone after this year (absent a winning seaso) and going into year 4, trending downward. He's a disappointment, as he came in hot from Appalachian St.

The 4 years before Brohm arrived at Purdue, they were awful (worse than the greatest 3-9 team of all time, awful). Brohm gas stabilized and elevated their program.

Satterfield has a pretty "low" buyout, so now would be the time. Brohm would do well there and absent of Clemson could get Louisville back near the top of that conference in short order. Bigger question is, is the ACC safe or do they get picked over? Louisville would probably land in a good P5 situation.

Silly season is right around the corner.
Satterfield buyout isn't super high, but to get rid of him and hire Brohm and assistants, Louisville is looking at $15,000,000 assuming they would need to pay Brohm at least 6 mil, which Purdue could easily match had they wanted. Louisville is also straight up broke and on the outside looking in if college sports goes to two major conferences. SEC won't take them since they have UK, big ten definitely won't.

If Brohm leaves for Louisville, it's because he wants to go home. Not sure it's a better job than Purdue given Purdues investment into football since he arrived and the new big ten money. Louisville is still paying Petrino. Satterfield is trending down, but he inherited a mess and is starting to recruit really well. I'm not convinced they dumb him yet. If they do, I'd assume Brohm is gone. Luckily, Purdue is in a position to get another good coach and has a good AD to lead the way.

the iowa coaching situation reminds me so much of bill and son sean snyder's plan down here at k-state. they found out that even a legend in the end loses his power over the institution. knight lost it at indiana as well. likewise, kf will at iowa. it's just a matter of time.

the iowa coaching situation reminds me so much of bill and son sean snyder's plan down here at k-state. they found out that even a legend in the end loses his power over the institution. knight lost it at indiana as well. likewise, kf will at iowa. it's just a matter of time.

Very true. Except Bill and Sean were both terrific coaches.

Reactions: zrob and BleedRed78
Very true. Except Bill and Sean were both terrific coaches.
bill is in the hof. i presume kf will be there as well. sean is a hell of a special teams coach, for sure. currently, he's working for bielema at illinois.

Reactions: zrob
what position would be available to him the NFL?

and what is dad's legacy after 30 years?

the answer to both questions is the same - NONE
Captain Kirk's buddy Bill Belichek would either hire him to do something or help Brian find some other job around the NFL.

His legacy would be winning more football games than any other Iowa football coach in history. But what else could happen when you been the head coach somewhere for 25 years. And he had some AD's that gave him whatever he wanted. Not to mention the best agent that I have ever observed.

Captain Kirk's buddy Bill Belichek would either hire him to do something or help Brian find some other job around the NFL.

His legacy would be winning more football games than any other Iowa football coach in history. But what else could happen when you been the head coach somewhere for 25 years. And he had some AD's that gave him whatever he wanted. Not to mention the best agent that I have ever observed.
ferentz is the all-time winningest coach in iowa history?

what's his single best win? regular season vs urban meyer that one time?

It is amazing to think he could have averaged 6 wins a year instead of the amazing 7 wins a year...and Iowa would still treat him like a god.

If a Purdue fan wants Brohm gone, they are dumb. They should be able to get a good replacement though. I'm more interested in knowing how Purdue is struggling to make a bowl when they control their own destiny in the west? I'd also take last years team over this years, but that's just me
I gotta give you credit...you are one positive happy PU fan!

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca

sooooo many iowa fans crawling all over this board like the roaches they are for the last few years have gone completely missing

hard to imagine a more embarrassing & meaningless existence than that of an iowa fan

@SWIowahawks you never answered my question during that anal prolapsing you experienced this past weekend. how many Nebraska fans were starting threads and running victory laps on your board?

And think what they were front-running about?!?!

Jocking up a racist coach that averages 7 wins a year and has now totally handcuffed the school.

Reactions: BleedRed78
It is amazing to think he could have averaged 6 wins a year instead of the amazing 7 wins a year...and Iowa would still treat him like a god.
His secret to bumping up the average to 7 wins is a notoriously weak non-conference schedule for years. He refuses to go out West and play anyone on the road. Check out his historical record against Pac 10/12 teams in the non-conference. Or his one trip to the Rose Bowl.

I gotta give you credit...you are one positive happy PU fan!
How so? Purdue is better than 3 of the final 4 teams they play and assuming they don't shit the bed vs Illinois, they could beat them and finish 4-0. Or lose to iowa, but beat Illinois and if UM beat Illinois, Purdue still has the tiebreaker. Anything less than 8 wins with the remaining schedule would be disappointing.

Which agrees with what I said before the season. This team isn't as good as last years, but less than 8 wins would be disappointing. Unfortunately, Purdue dropped two early games they shouldn't have to two currently rated top 16 teams.

How so? Purdue is better than 3 of the final 4 teams they play and assuming they don't shit the bed vs Illinois, they could beat them and finish 4-0. Or lose to iowa, but beat Illinois and if UM beat Illinois, Purdue still has the tiebreaker. Anything less than 8 wins with the remaining schedule would be disappointing.

Which agrees with what I said before the season. This team isn't as good as last years, but less than 8 wins would be disappointing. Unfortunately, Purdue dropped two early games they shouldn't have to two currently rated top 16 teams.
I mean, that is how...that post is how. Don't be mad about it, you are just a super positive PU fan. Like, it is even hard to make fun of you because it seems to genuine. Like, you are going to be beyond thrilled with 8 wins.

Honestly, it is sort of refreshing even if it is odd!

Reactions: BoilerN
His secret to bumping up the average to 7 wins is a notoriously weak non-conference schedule for years. He refuses to go out West and play anyone on the road. Check out his historical record against Pac 10/12 teams in the non-conference. Or his one trip to the Rose Bowl.
Well every single year it is

Horrible ISU
Horrible UNI
and another horrible team

Then you just need some wins vs teams like Minny, PU, and Indiana

I mean, that is how...that post is how. Don't be mad about it, you are just a super positive PU fan. Like, it is even hard to make fun of you because it seems to genuine. Like, you are going to be beyond thrilled with 8 wins.

Honestly, it is sort of refreshing even if it is odd!
With where Purdue was 5 years ago compared to now, it is hard not to be.

Ten years ago, Purdue got a really good university president, 6 years ago, Purdue got a really good AD, 5 years ago, Purdue got Brohm, last year Purdue finally replaced the coach that destroyed the Purdue WBB program, all while putting hundreds of million into football infrastructure and like 30 mil in baseball infrastructure. It's refreshing to see a university president and AD actually support athletics and help build programs. Thats all while doing a $2 billion campus renovation/improvement where multiple base brand companies have been research labs on campus. Lots to be excited for atm.

Last edited:
With where Purdue was 5 years ago compared to now, it is hard not to be.

Ten years ago, Purdue got a really good university president, 6 years ago, Purdue got a really good AD, 5 years ago, Purdue got Brohm, last year Purdue finally replaced the coach that destroyed the Purdue WBB program, all while putting hundreds of million into football infrastructure and like 30 mil in baseball infrastructure. It's refreshing to see a university president and AD actually support athletics and help build programs.
Literally did not know PU had a baseball team until just now.

Also, Women's BBall? Dude...you are Purdue Pete???

Literally did not know PU had a baseball team until just now.

Also, Women's BBall? Dude...you are Purdue Pete???
Purdue WBB used to be a perinial top 5 progam that sold out Mackey for big games. Not Purdue Pete no. Baseball program needs a lot of work. Hard to keep a good coach because they all go south. I'd rather have a good volleyball program though. Baseball is meh.

Reactions: 9and4 and zrob

I’m still here, just like I’ve been while we’ve won 8 of the last 9. I’ll still be here after we stomp your asses in Kinnick a month from now.

You know in your heart it’s coming.

I’m still here, just like I’ve been while we’ve won 8 of the last 9. I’ll still be here after we stomp your asses in Kinnick a month from now.

You know in your heart it’s coming.
of course you're still here. this is your homepage. you have read every word posted here for as long as you've had the internet.

why won't you or @SWIowahawks answer my question about Nebraska fans on the iowa board during that pathetic excuse for a football game this past weekend?

is it because we're not butt-tonguing scumbags like you and your cockroach-esque ilk?

of course you're still here. this is your homepage. you have read every word posted here for as long as you've had the internet.

why won't you or @SWIowahawks answer my question about Nebraska fans on the iowa board during that pathetic excuse for a football game this past weekend?

is it because we're not butt-tonguing scumbags like you and your cockroach-esque ilk?
kong, with your permission, may I borrow your "butt-tonguing..." comment for a different problem child on here?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT