ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa’s best LB opts out

Everyone has an opinion and most assume their own teams will be fine and progress. Just being real, I’m glad we have a chance to actually play this year compared to before. I’m done trolling and arguing, this is my honest view below....

Yes, in my opinion I see Iowa taking a small step backwards (again it will happen when you lose the talent they did last year to this year) and the Huskers should take a step forward. End result, that should be another killer Huskers vs Iowa match up that literally could go either way. Myself, I see the Huskers pulling off close a win this time. Instead of losing in the final seconds to a last second FG.

One things for sure, it will be another close one and neither team will blow out the other. That much I know for sure. GBR and best of luck to our friends to the East.

Iowa owns 25 National Titles in all men and women sports (23 of those National Titles come from wrestling, 1 field hockey and 1 gymnastics).

Huskers own 28 National Titles in all men and women sports (5 in football (with 9 unclaimed National Titles), 5 in volleyball, 7 with the Bowling team, 3 Track and field, and 8 in Gymnastics).

just a fun comparison between the two schools in all sports....;)

Last edited:
Iowa owns 25 National Titles in all men and women sports (23 of those National Titles come from wrestling, 1 field hockey and 1 gymnastics).

Huskers own 28 National Titles in all men and women sports (5 in football (with 9 unclaimed National Titles), 5 in volleyball, 7 with the Bowling team, 3 Track and field, and 8 in Gymnastics).

just a fun comparison between the two schools in all sports....;)
So in other words, our Wrestling program is better then your Football program;)

I don’t know in hell were comparing Wrestling programs over Football programs, but the SEC doesn’t even have Wrestling programs should tell you something..

Reactions: huskerssalts
I don’t know in hell were comparing Wrestling programs over Football programs, but the SEC doesn’t even have Wrestling programs should tell you something..
Lol it’s a joke. I doubt the SEC would even be good at wrestling tbh.

Special Olympics for Iowa.
giphy.gif

Kind of like girl’s volleyball. right?

there is more then enough fans for volleyball. That’s one of the top sports for the women (along with basketball) and ranked in the top 10 in all sports for the college level. And being fair here, there wasn’t a single person claiming Volleyball as a top sport. Just a couple with wrestling and football (which isn’t even a comparison).

volleyball does rank in the top 10 in sports. Which is funny, it’s ranked higher then wrestling, which didn’t make the top 10 at all. Weird...

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred

that’s not anything to brag about my man. Take that away and Iowa only has 2 legit National Titles out of 22 varsity sports between men and women. Wrestling isn’t even a top college sport, let alone most schools don’t even have wrestling clubs. Just saying.....

Reactions: scarletred
that’s not anything to brag about my man. Take that away and Iowa only has 2 legit National Titles out of 22 varsity sports between men and women. Wrestling isn’t even a top college sport, let alone most schools don’t even have wrestling clubs. Just saying.....
It was a joke Francis.

It was a joke Francis.

gotcha...unfortunately the jokes you my friend. Good luck this year and hope Iowa does well...all the way till you guys gave us, then it’s time to go down. Huskers definitely owe Iowa one after the retarded blowing kisses to the staff after a last second FG.

gotcha...unfortunately the jokes you my friend. Good luck this year and hope Iowa does well...all the way till you guys gave us, then it’s time to go down. Huskers definitely owe Iowa one after the retarded blowing kisses to the staff after a last second FG.
you hope they do well? I sure as hell don't. F them and F every other B1G team.

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
Colbert is not anywhere close to Iowa's best linebacker. His absence will hurt depth to an extent, but it's not anything of significance.

Anytime, I've read comments from Hawkeye fans over the last 4 to 5 seasons, they all got a solid chuckle over Nebraska's terrible play on the line of scrimmage. Moronic Husker fans would chime in with hollow arguments about recruiting 4-stars like Keyshawn Johnson Jr. Iowa fans would counter back with the obvious and say stuff like there is no reason to take Nebraska seriously when they aren't even addressing the line of scrimmage. Well Iowa fans were totally correct in that regard.

During the laughable Mike Riley era, Nebraska signed only 9 offensive linemen, and only 3 of them will ever start a game at Nebraska. In even more hilarity, Mike Riley only signed 5 defensive linemen that he actually recruited. The Davis Twins were recruited by Bo Pelini. Only 2 of those 5 defensive linemen have been or will be full time starters.

When Mike Riley showed up at Nebraska, it virtually guaranteed Iowa would dominate the Huskers up front for the immediate future. There is a direct correlation between the 5 straight wins and that component of the outcomes.

But Hawk fans are living in a false reality if they believe that aspect of the game will continue be one sided. Nebraska has already caught up to them at the point of attack.

After the 2018 game, Frost commented about how unsettling it was to see Iowa bigger and stronger on both sides of the line of scrimmage. That was adjusted a bit by the end of 2019, and Nebraska will display more depth than Iowa this season and beyond. By 2021, Nebraska's depth along the LOS will easily surpass Iowa.

Frost has already added 22 scholarship players along the line of scrimmage in 2 recruiting cycles, and that doesn't even include their targets for 2021. That is 8 more players than Mike Riley signed during a longer tenure.

Iowa doesn't get the credit they deserve on special teams though. Their special teams play has been so vastly superior to Nebraska's the last two seasons that its almost a foregone conclusion the Hawks will pull off a win when the game is tied or close in the final minutes.

Iowa needs to hope Nebraska still remains a dumpster fire in that facet of the game, because the Huskers have quietly caught up to them up front and will speed by them on the LOS going forward.

Colbert has alot of starts on that Iowa defense. I think he's one of the more experienced players on the team.

It's always this guy is better anyway or we have this guy coming in. But Colbert was the one on the field come game day.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I don't get the logic in that decision.
Rumor is that he had someone very close to him die of Covid. I suppose that might make all of us take a step back.

To @huskerssalts, you’ve beaten the same drum the last two years. I’m not sure what it’s going to take for you to figure out that Iowa is a lot a point where they are able to reload. Attrition has been minimal the past couple of years. Kirk has done a good job of filling any holes with grad transfers. There won’t be a big drop off defensively.

Last edited:
Which of the two have better ESPN ratings..
In fact it isn’t even close..

I also want to add John Cook makes twice as much as Tom Brands does coaching Rassling at Ioway..
Girls volleyball is like watching the special olympics lots of effort but little athleticism

I would just like to point out that when the Heroes game was created that a large percentage of both fanbases said there wasn't a real rivalry between the 2 teams.
I called bull**** on that. The rivalry goes back to 1891. First meeting Iowa won 22-0. In Kirk's first year as Iowa HC Nebraska won 42-7.
I like rivalry games. And imo the Heroes game is a great one. It's not Michigan-Ohio State. But within our conference it's gonna be 2nd place in terms of fan appreciation in the near future.

From a program standpoint, Nebraska is one of the few teams that holds a statistical advantage over Iowa in terms of program excellence. The Huskers lead the Iowa football team in bowl games, all-time wins, NFL draft picks, Heisman winners, national championships, and All-Americans. The lone category that Iowa holds an advantage in is bowl record where Iowa is .530 in their 33 bowls and Nebraska is .491 in their 53 bowl games.

Reactions: hexumhawk
Wrestling is an archaic sport that's dying, but if we're going to spend our time talking about Olympic wrestling everyone other than Ok. State's John Smith can kiss Nebraska alumnus Jordan Burroughs' feet.

You are still upset about a kicker blowing kisses? That doesn’t even compare to what Dismuke was doing.

Thread has delivered...observations:

Iowa men prefer male wrassling to women’s volleyball - checks out....

Iowa fans consider 8-10 win seasons “reloading” , the term was used to describe Nebraska for years when they were routinely winning or playing for conference championships and NCs, and don’t be fooled, through 2012 Nebraska was playing for conference championships and through 2014 Nebraska absolutely owned Iowa in the modern era (winning 8 out of 10) Nebraska fans would never use the term “Reload” to describe slightly above average results.

Iowa fans talk smack about Nebraska getting in an NC game they probably didn’t deserve to be in, but balk at iowas two shared conference titles they didn’t earn on the field....

Essentially the same crap from them, a bunch of intellectually dishonest dbags.

Kind of like girl’s volleyball. right?
If you're speaking of females under 18, it's "girls' volleyball," with the apostrophe after the "s" to indicate a plural. If the females playing are 18 or older, it's "women's volleyball." If the women playing have "Nebraska" on their jersey, it's "championship vollleyball." I try to get that lesson across teaching here at the University of Iowa, but it's never easy.

If you're speaking of females under 18, it's "girls' volleyball," with the apostrophe after the "s" to indicate a plural. If the females playing are 18 or older, it's "women's volleyball." If the women playing have "Nebraska" on their jersey, it's "championship vollleyball." I try to get that lesson across teaching here at the University of Iowa, but it's never easy.

It’s still a minor insignificant sport that few with the exception of a few hayseeds in Lincoln actually follow.

Iowa wrestling is amazing and so is NU volleyball but in the end...Football and basketball are the sports that 99% of the fans care about.

No one is like "Dudes, house party for the dual vs Northwestern"

Or "What time are you tailgating for the volleyball game?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT