ADVERTISEMENT

Internal Concern

I was thinking of the shouting match Bo had with TMart on the sideline when Bo found out Taylor called his dad from the locker room when he was getting X rayed. Got me wondering whT Bo would think about our players tweeting during games.

If it was Randy Gregory, he’d be good with it. That guy...

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Bo ran a tight ship. That didn't work out so well.
Did he? If you were in his good graces, you could do what you wanted. If you were on the outside of his circle, you were booted off the team for smoking the hippie lettuce. Case in point, Castille versus Gregory. Gregory to this day is still not able to stay away from marijuana but continued to play here at Nebraska under Bo, whereas Castille was booted.

Reactions: countrybob
Before I retired I was regarded as a hard ass by the young kids at work. A throw back to a bygone era and soon my kind would retire from the modern workplace. I'd chew on guys with swear words when they were late or not appropriately dressed for the situation, etc. Same with the gals minus the profanity. Funny thing is the month I retired kid after kid stopped by to tell me how I (positively) affected their lives, put them on the right path, showed them the way, etc. I was shocked there was so much love there, I figured at best they didn't like me and was glad I was leaving and at worse, hated me.

Just like when we were kids, kids nowadays want to be shown the way. Problem is adults don't have the stones to show them because they want to be liked, not respected.
Tough love is always the best teacher

Reactions: BleedRed78
Or we had a bad game last Saturday and everyone is still so pissed we are looking for any and everything to turn into a huge deal.
WE are a dumpster fire , Scott doesn’t have a winning season and he’s got what 2 wins in the last 11-12 games. This is worst stretch in the past 60 years . His record label s the worst since Jennings in the 50’s.

This is not about one game

WE are a dumpster fire , Scott doesn’t have a winning season and he’s got what 2 wins in the last 11-12 games. This is worst stretch in the past 60 years . His record label s the worst since Jennings in the 50’s.

This is not about one game
True, so lets talk about that. But freaking out about mustaches and Twitter is just stupid.

He won 9 or 10 games a year. That doesn't seem so bad about now.
meh. I would rather lose them all than put up with that jackass. He inherited a roster full of future NFL players and could never stop a jet sweep. I'll give Frost 2 more years to get this team where it needs to be. His best 2 classes are freshmen and sophomores now. We'll contend to win the west next year.

Reactions: BleedRed78
meh. I would rather lose them all than put up with that jackass. He inherited a roster full of future NFL players and could never stop a jet sweep. I'll give Frost 2 more years to get this team where it needs to be. His best 2 classes are freshmen and sophomores now. We'll contend to win the west next year.
I just hope within these next two years he either switches back to more of a power run game with veer and option. Either that, or relinquish playcalling duties and/or make changes at assistants.

Otherwise i see no hope for him here unfortunately...

I just hope within these next two years he either switches back to more of a power run game with veer and option. Either that, or relinquish playcalling duties and/or make changes at assistants.

I think he needs to do the later no matter what offense we run. I think we either need to get a legit QB that can make the throws we need for this offense to work, or move to the kind of offense you described. Both AM and LM would thrive in that system.

Last edited:

His offense is even more QB dependent than the average college offense. We started a redshirt Freshman at QB who started one season of high school at QB and really didn't play QB in the games he played last year. I'm not sure what people expect. MY hope is that sitting it out for 3 quarters watching the debacle against Illinois will light a bulb in Martinez's brain. IMO, IF we had put Martinez in during the 2nd quarter last Saturday, we might have had a chance. Luke got rattled IMO after that first play and never recovered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT