ADVERTISEMENT

Interim report on the five week soft spot in our schedule

k9_r

Offensive Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010
So, our schedule rather nicely set us up for success. Twenty two consecutive winnable games in the first five weeks of conference play which began with the AFA/MSU week lasting through the KSU/UNO/Iowa week.
***Disclaimer: Minnesota was never a soft spot but the results show that those games were winnable. Also confessing that Creighton is not a soft spot.

Three weeks down, two to go.

Week One - AFA/MSU, five home games
- Won all five
- Compiled a total score of 34-14
- Pitched a 2.60 ERA, 38 SO, 16 BB (12 in the AFA games), held opps to a .212 BA
- Batted .284 for the week

Week Two - CR/MN, four road games
- Split 2-2
- Total score 20- 12 Huskers
- Pitched a 2.52 ERA, 35 SO, 10 BB, held opponents to a .234 BA
- Batted .275 on the week

Week Three - KSU/Purdue, one road game, three home games
- Won all four
- Total score - 46-9
- Pitched a 1.50 ERA, 29 SO, 7 BB, held them to a .173 BA
- Batted .347

Boom! Lots of nice things. Keep it rolling, boys.

Last edited:
Man, it would have been nice to get one more win in Minneapolis. But 100% TCB against Sparty and the Boilers probably makes up for it.

The RPI sits at 40 with only one potential drag-down game left on the schedule: at home against K-State. All the remaining games against .500-ish teams are on the road. And UNO has a solid record, second-best among the teams yet to play, in fact, so we should probably get the first game with them rescheduled, yes?

Assuming that happens and that we beat KSU again, can we get to an RPI around 20 by going 16-7 the rest of the way?

Man, it would have been nice to get one more win in Minneapolis. But 100% TCB against Sparty and the Boilers probably makes up for it.

The RPI sits at 40 with only one potential drag-down game left on the schedule: at home against K-State. All the remaining games against .500-ish teams are on the road. And UNO has a solid record, second-best among the teams yet to play, in fact, so we should probably get the first game with them rescheduled, yes?

Assuming that happens and that we beat KSU again, can we get to an RPI around 20 by going 16-7 the rest of the way?
Don't know about that 20 RPI, seems a far stretch to me. Just spit balling here but my bones tell me we would need much better than a 16-7 finish for that.

Warren Nolan does play the prediction game but I can't make heads or tails of it. The internals seem to conflict with the final numbers.

They are predicting a 29-21 finish for us and RPI 49. Here they have us making up the missed UNO and No Dakota St games.

Reactions: saluno22
Excellent effort OP.

I'm going to post this on RSS too.

I think for me, the two best things I've seen are:
1) Starting pitching
2) Getting early leads. It seems like if I miss the first inning we're already up 3-0. I LOVE that.

Nice work!

Reactions: saluno22 and k9_r
Fun stuff!

Was thinking the other day that we're down to 22 regular season games left on the schedule, if none of the postponed games get rescheduled.
Only NDst and Omaha are still listed with a chance of rescheduling.

26 games already played + 22 upcoming games = 48 total.
48 seems a little low, but on the current path, maybe enough???

And speaking of rescheduling...
Are my eyes deceiving me or did I see correctly that Creighton is playing 2 roads games Tuesday???
A rescheduled game @ UNO early in the day.
And then a night game @ Nebraska.
If true, kinda impressive.

Are my eyes deceiving me or did I see correctly that Creighton is playing 2 roads games Tuesday???

I don't see that game listed on either Creighton or UNO's schedule.

Fun stuff!

Was thinking the other day that we're down to 22 regular season games left on the schedule, if none of the postponed games get rescheduled.
Only NDst and Omaha are still listed with a chance of rescheduling.

26 games already played + 22 upcoming games = 48 total.
48 seems a little low, but on the current path, maybe enough???

It's a home/away doubleheader only with UNO for both games, not UNO then NU. See 30 April 2019.

But there was a day/night UNO/NU home/home doubleheader for Creighton on 17 May 2016.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT