ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting video on the history of the 3-3-5

the minute the Iowa game concludes today, Brian Ferentz is going to load up this video, pull out his box of crayolas (the box that has the sweet crayon sharpener embedded) and start drawing up plays

This is what is great about Rhule and his defensive philosophy, you play to your strengths and not try and force defensive formations onto players who aren't built to run it. It's about time Nebraska builds an identity that can be built to withstand the rigors of BIG play. We've lost a lot of our identity as a hard nosed beat you till you relent type team, my hope is we get it back soon. Happy New Year and GBR!

Reactions: huntered
While that may be true, was Busch a 3-3-5 guru? Serious question here, cuz I don’t know. If not, I am hopeful that White could implement it better. His history suggests that.
Did the team have the personnel to run it successfully? Were the concepts baked into the system or done more on the fly with off weeks?

Did the team have the personnel to run it successfully? Were the concepts baked into the system or done more on the fly with off weeks?
Good questions. I gotta believe moving forward we will be better off, maybe not right away, but as we become more familiar with it and get the right personnel.

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT