ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting take on Nebraska Football - Expert

us?

Kind of like the way Frost was going to bring Nebraska back to glory? Lol you husker fans have lost all credibility

tighten the belt one more notch while reading whatever drivel you linked. you won't be missed, not even by the slop guzzling hogs you call family.

It is 100% trolling by Finebaum. I know fellow NU fans as well though who have this screwed up logic that Nebraska “can’t” or “definitely won’t” be national champs ever again. All it takes is a good coaching staff making good decisions, getting some players that make the plays. Any school, especially in the power 5, can do it. The short sightedness by Finebaum and others is both baffling and really childish.

It is 100% trolling by Finebaum. I know fellow NU fans as well though who have this screwed up logic that Nebraska “can’t” or “definitely won’t” be national champs ever again. All it takes is a good coaching staff making good decisions, getting some players that make the plays. Any school, especially in the power 5, can do it. The short sightedness by Finebaum and others is both baffling and really childish.
I worked with a guy in California who was a Vietnamese boat person. Of about 50 Vietnamese immigrants in my workplace, he was the only serious football fan. I thought it was cool he had adapted to the American sports culture and we talked sports often. He liked the Chargers and USC. He always scoffed at me when I said Nebraska could be up at the top again. He said no teams in the Midwest or North East would ever be good again because no kids wanted to go to school where it was cold. I asked him what about tOSU, Notre Dame and Penn St? He would just shrug and say "that's different".

I worked with a guy in California who was a Vietnamese boat person. Of about 50 Vietnamese immigrants in my workplace, he was the only serious football fan. I thought it was cool he had adapted to the American sports culture and we talked sports often. He liked the Chargers and USC. He always scoffed at me when I said Nebraska could be up at the top again. He said no teams in the Midwest or North East would ever be good again because no kids wanted to go to school where it was cold. I asked him what about tOSU, Notre Dame and Penn St? He would just shrug and say "that's different".

Exactly. I’ll never understand these people. The ultimate slap in the face to that logic right now is probably North Dakota State. A non existent population center in possibly the toughest weather in the country. They continue to destroy “good weather” and high population footprint schools on their way to championships and first round draft picks. Even if it’s not Frost, it can literally be someone else.

No, he’s not wrong. You’d have to catch lightning in a bottle. Minn thought they’d be back and here they are 40 years later. We’re almost at 25 years. Do you think Minn is going to win? That’s how others feel about Neb. And our recruiting reach is worse than Minn.

I’d argue the better term for our fanbase is obsessed, not delusional. Fact is Paul Finebaum has no clue what Nebraska fans think, and that’s fine, nobody under 35 (especially recruits) cares what he thinks anyway. Our fanbase being obsessed is what is holding this thing together. It’s the only thing right now that gives this program life.

imagine how pathetic you'd have to be to pose as a fan of another team, find their message board, create an account and then actually start threads.

OP - the world needs less of you inbred iowa scum, not more. not a single benefit to society has come from your sh*thole state. if it were wiped clean from the map tomorrow, literally nobody would notice.

the fact your speed limits top off at an insultingly slow 65 is hilarious, given the speed at which your intellect moves.

There are a few of the media types such as Douche Nozzle Finebaum and Douche number 2 Desmond Howard that will be made to eat their words here real soon. I wonder if Desmond will shoot his mouth off or cower like a lil biotch if we comepletely run his alma mater out of the ol girl this fall?

How many years, almost decades, was Alabama irrelevent until Saban showed up? He has had success at every stop in college football, MSU, LSU. When Saban leave, Bama will slide back to mediocrity. Every program has its highs and lows.

LOTR-Gollum-%E2%80%93-Return-of-the-King.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
No, he’s not wrong. You’d have to catch lightning in a bottle. Minn thought they’d be back and here they are 40 years later. We’re almost at 25 years. Do you think Minn is going to win? That’s how others feel about Neb. And our recruiting reach is worse than Minn.

Ever heard of a battery? Anything is possible.

You missed the main ingredient. An AD capable of making the right hiring decision.

I find watching grass grow and paint dry more exciting than Fine-bomb, but I don't necessarily dislike the guy and what little I have seen his show he seems pretty in the know....

.....and aftet 2+ decades of futility I'd say it's hard to argue with his take. I also hope we can shove those words down his throat sooner rather than later.

Reactions: tpmcg
These guys are playing a part. They are Morton Downey Jr, they are Howard Stern...

Remember when Bama was lame as **** after Stallings left. Remember OU after Barry?

Schools go through shitty times.

If I was a sports writer/talk show host...and I wanted clicks and views. I would do this too and I would also, at times, poke the schools on top with things like "I feel like things might be slipping a bit at school X, here is why"

National guys sort of have to do this. Local guys sort of have to give out gently HJ's to the local team.

Really? Any power 5 team. That’s an off the cuff statement, one that is far from accurate.

Show me proof that you can make that happen, and don’t point to Alabama . Even with deep pockets , a good coach and decent talent most schools can only hope for a winning record. Heck look at Michigan they have had all three and struggle .

Reality is , only a handful of teams have a chance at a National Championship. Although you may not like it, Nebraska is not one of them today , and unless things miraculously change , probably never will again .

Exactly. I’ll never understand these people. The ultimate slap in the face to that logic right now is probably North Dakota State. A non existent population center in possibly the toughest weather in the country. They continue to destroy “good weather” and high population footprint schools on their way to championships and first round draft picks. Even if it’s not Frost, it can literally be someone else.
NDSU is not in a power five conference. They can compete because they get guys that need development and a chance to play. They don't get four and five star athletes, but that doesn't mean that they don't have players that could play on a different level, it just means that they could be an Iowa or Wisconsin who get players that want compete and a chance to develop.

imagine how pathetic you'd have to be to pose as a fan of another team, find their message board, create an account and then actually start threads.

OP - the world needs less of you inbred iowa scum, not more. not a single benefit to society has come from your sh*thole state. if it were wiped clean from the map tomorrow, literally nobody would notice.

the fact your speed limits top off at an insultingly slow 65 is hilarious, given the speed at which your intellect moves.

Imagine how triggered this guy was when he lost to Iowa last year? AM getting getting speared upside down and literally handing the ball to an Iowa lineman or LB on the last drive to lose the game in embarrassing fashion. Im guessing total meltdown. Cant wait to see what happens this year

Imagine how triggered this guy was when he lost to Iowa last year? AM getting getting speared upside down and literally handing the ball to an Iowa lineman or LB on the last drive to lose the game in embarrassing fashion. Im guessing total meltdown. Cant wait to see what happens this year
what a loser

here's hoping someone throws a dead goat in the well in whatever dump you and your kind reside in

"us"

you will never find a Husker fan pretending to be an iowan. ever. there's a very good reason for that. you and every iowa fan are subhumans. something less than. deserving of nothing but your own filth, slop and mediocrity.

what a loser

here's hoping someone throws a dead goat in the well in whatever dump you and your kind reside in

"us"

you will never find a Husker fan pretending to be an iowan. ever. there's a very good reason for that. you and every iowa fan are subhumans. something less than. deserving of nothing but your own filth, slop and mediocrity.
It’s hard to talk shit to Iowa fans when we are at the bottom of the BIG every year, the guy in the article I posted said moving to the BiG 10 was the dumbest thing we could have ever done, I personally would like to go back to playing Kansas. That’s more our sweet spot ya know?

It’s hard to talk shit to Iowa fans when we we are at the bottom of the BIG every year, the guy in th me article I posted said moving to the BiG 10 was the dumbest thing we could have ever done, I personally would like to go back to playing Kansas. That’s more our sweet spot ya know?
'we'. 'our'.

pathetic.

the world needs 100% less iowans.

Dragging NU yields eyeballs. Pretty simple formula to keep your ad revenue looking good. Script is at least as old as Woody Paige's career.

It's not impossible for NU to be good again. There is no built-in reason for anyone to go to school anywhere and we've seen coaches come in here and get interest from blue chip recruits. It's NOT POSSIBLE for the same school to be the place Scott Frost couldn't possibly sign big name kids to and also the one Fred Hoiberg is signing big name kids to.

This shit about "it's too cold in Nebraska" is so stupid it hurts. First of all it's not even THAT cold. It's hot until October. Secondly we've seen all kinds of schools have both non-tropical temperatures and success in recruiting so that's disproven.

It's not a spicy take that this staff hasn't been good enough yet to produce elite football. The gameday coaching hasn't been good enough. The recruiting and retention hasn't been good enough. The development let's give them a pass and say too early (it won't be after this year).

They haven't lived up to the sizzle they had when they came to Lincoln. They MIGHT...but they haven't yet.

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
You need 100% less soy.
now that you've fully embarrassed yourself, outed yourself as the jealous little brother you are and exhausted all of your wit, it's time to head back to the disgusting slop trough that I'm sure is the iowa board (wouldn't know, never been and wouldn't be caught dead on any other team's board, much less yours).

perhaps some there will pat you on the back for your feeble attempts here. likely, they'll look back fondly on all the times they were forced to pretend to be a Husker fan just for a tiny taste of what it's like on the happy side of the river.

pathetic losers, one and all. you won't be missed when the time comes for heart disease (caused by being a fat, disgusting pig) or a genetic defect (caused by inbreeding) to claim you.

Px24OiABt2wXm.gif
now that you've fully embarrassed yourself, outed yourself as the jealous little brother you are and exhausted all of your wit, it's time to head back to the disgusting slop trough that I'm sure is the iowa board (wouldn't know, never been and wouldn't be caught dead on any other team's board, much less yours).

perhaps some there will pat you on the back for your feeble attempts here. likely, they'll look back fondly on all the times they were forced to pretend to be a Husker fan just for a tiny taste of what it's like on the happy side of the river.

pathetic losers, one and all. you won't be missed when the time comes for heart disease (caused by being a fat, disgusting pig) or a genetic defect (caused by inbreeding) to claim you.

Really? Any power 5 team. That’s an off the cuff statement, one that is far from accurate.

Show me proof that you can make that happen, and don’t point to Alabama . Even with deep pockets , a good coach and decent talent most schools can only hope for a winning record. Heck look at Michigan they have had all three and struggle .

Reality is , only a handful of teams have a chance at a National Championship. Although you may not like it, Nebraska is not one of them today , and unless things miraculously change , probably never will again .

Since 1935 I’m counting 31 different teams that have won the national championship (it’s far more if you go back a little further) but that’s less than 100 years, virtually half the number of power 5 schools in existence today (65). Nebraska has 5 of them, Minnesota-6...

The fallacy in your argument almost has to be to assume that we have less than 100 years of college football left on earth, which I have no idea why you would assume.

Again, any power 5 school will win a natty as long as they go undefeated, I feel like it is you who needs to prove that that somehow can’t happen...I for one would’ve loved to see what Les Miles would’ve done at Kansas. The fact that he was even hired there should prove my point.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Once you get past the first part, he's mostly on point.

Being stuck in this conference is a major problem.

We had a ticket out, last fall.. there was a small window, but now it's about academic university grant money.

The article is probably true. We likely won't be back.

And we will get crapped on by the conference as often as they can, just because we stood up and made them look bad... well Frost and Moos did.

So yeah, the future doesn't look so bright.. the program is in the toilet, and will probably stay there, and they will stick it to us relentlessly for at least the next 20 years.

It's a horrible shit sandwich to try to stomach, but that's the reality of it.

They should have fired these clowns and made a move last fall, but this is what happens when you don't actually hire 'leaders' to lead institutions.

Once you get past the first part, he's mostly on point.

Being stuck in this conference is a major problem.

We had a ticket out, last fall.. there was a small window, but now it's about academic university grant money.

The article is probably true. We likely won't be back.

And we will get crapped on by the conference as often as they can, just because we stood up and made them look bad... well Frost and Moos did.

So yeah, the future doesn't look so bright.. the program is in the toilet, and will probably stay there, and they will stick it to us relentlessly for at least the next 20 years.

It's a horrible shit sandwich to try to stomach, but that's the reality of it.

They should have fired these clowns and made a move last fall, but this is what happens when you don't actually hire 'leaders' to lead institutions.
I think the University of Nebraska is in the business of educating students, believe it or not I think most in the state believe that comes before football. The BIG has been a windfall from an academic standpoint.

Reactions: Red I 73
Since 1935 I’m counting 31 different teams that have won the national championship (it’s far more if you go back a little further) but that’s less than 100 years, virtually half the number of power 5 schools in existence today (65). Nebraska has 5 of them, Minnesota-6...

The fallacy in your argument almost has to be to assume that we have less than 100 years of college football left on earth, which I have no idea why you would assume.

Again, any power 5 school will win a natty as long as they go undefeated, I feel like it is you who needs to prove that that somehow can’t happen...I for one would’ve loved to see what Les Miles would’ve done at Kansas. The fact that he was even hired there should prove my point.
Your argument gets a lot weaker if you look at the last 21 years as only 6 schools have won a national championship.

Heck even if you use your
Data , (hope you did not count Army in the 31) and only 30 or 31 schools have one an NC , what about the other 34 or 35 teams? And going back before the playoff period there were numerous years in which more than one team was named NC, if my math is right this occurred 16 times . And in some year 3 teams were crowned champions.

Today’s college football landscape is dominated by Alabama , Clemson and Ohio State. You can occasionally throw in another SEC school , like LSU . Heck even Oklahoma as good as they are hasn’t won an NC in 20 years .

So odds are definitely not in your favor with the playoff in place . Chances are you won’t be one of the playoff teams.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT