ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting quote from Mel Tucker.....

Dadmaster

Walk On
Dec 18, 2017
“We were the best-conditioned football team,” Tucker said after sending CU fans into rapturous joy. “Our team is built in the weight room.”

“We were the best-conditioned football team,” Tucker said after sending CU fans into rapturous joy. “Our team is built in the weight room.”

Was only able to watch the 4th but could immediately tell our D was tired. You have to live here (25 minutes from Boulder) to know how the sun setting in the West will beat the heck out of you in the afternoon. I could see it on the players faces. It’s been hot as hell here lately and today was no exception. That’s the only advantage I can see him saying as “best conditioned”....

This isn't the 90s anymore. Every D-I program has a Strength & Conditioning program/staff that is as good or better than ours.

You have to have great players who are difference-makers on the field. We don't have many of them and we're not recruiting enough of them.

Yes - he did it in just 1 year, something Frost witnessed in the TO years and claims he is doing, but have yet to see any evidence of it in year 2.

Was only able to watch the 4th but could immediately tell our D was tired. You have to live here (25 minutes from Boulder) to know how the sun setting in the West will beat the heck out of you in the afternoon. I could see it on the players faces. It’s been hot as hell here lately and today was no exception. That’s the only advantage I can see him saying as “best conditioned”....

It’s pretty simple really. They practice at altitude. They’re bodies are used to it. There’s a reason that Mile High has generally been a substantial home field advantage for the Broncos.

That absolutely can’t be, just ask @huskerbaseball13. He clearly states in another thread that that’s just an excuse.

It’s pretty simple really. They practice at altitude. They’re bodies are used to it. There’s a reason that Mile High has generally been a substantial home field advantage for the Broncos.
Just a guess, but with that advantage, there will still be several teams that beat Colorado this year.

Reactions: jnelsen040
Yep, it’s either an excuse or we are poorly conditioned. Nebraska was on the field just as much as Colorado.

Remind me again...what’s Colorado’s record at home over the last decade? I’ll wait.
Remind me again... 4-8 and 4-8 the last 2 years... we should have no trouble beating everyone in our path, right?

Reactions: newAD
Just a guess, but with that advantage, there will still be several teams that beat Colorado this year.

That is most certainly true. To be honest I think catching Colorado later in the season is best. Not a lot of depth in that program. They do have a top tier receiving core but otherwise that is definitely a game that we should have won. Sh!t happens!

Remind me again... 4-8 and 4-8 the last 2 years... we should have no trouble beating everyone in our path, right?

This staff is responsible for one of those 4-8’s. And it had much to do with defense. I’m sure it was all conditioning last year though despite Duval creating warrrr daddy’s.

And his shitty defenses at UCF? Conditioning. No doubt.

That is most certainly true. To be honest I think catching Colorado later in the season is best. Not a lot of depth in that program. They do have a top tier receiving core but otherwise that is definitely a game that we should have won. Sh!t happens!
Depth is getting a lot better but true statement. It will get tough later in the year when the DBs get injured and there just aren't any more guys to turn to. The other side of the coin is that our young guys on the lines will be a lot better later in the year, so it may offset what we lose elsewhere. Thankfully for us, we get Stanford, USC, and Washington all at home. I suspect we'll beat at least 1 of the 3, 2 if we're competing for the division title.

This isn't the 90s anymore. Every D-I program has a Strength & Conditioning program/staff that is as good or better than ours.

You have to have great players who are difference-makers on the field. We don't have many of them and we're not recruiting enough of them.

I would say that you have to have an OLine coach and Defensive Coordinator that don't completely suck. That would be where I would start.

that is correct. and the media feeds into it because, like the national media, they are trying to sell commercials and fans eat that up. the media has been doing it (building the hype every year in the preseason) in Nebraska since the 60's the fans eat it up, and the dissatisfaction comes out just as it is right now on this board,

Devaney almost got run out of town after two 6-4 seasons and TO almost left in 1977 or so because he couldn't beat ou for years

I have seen it year after year, especially in the mid 60's the 70's and the 80's. NU needs more good players because there are still a lot of holes and SF didn't call a good second half, but that may be somewhat due to the fact that he doesn't have a really good receiver other than Spielman and not enough good linebackers and the o-line could use some help and an experienced center

From what I saw, the Zach bullshit is.... bullshit. According to Frost, Best strength coach in America? That must be a joke. For Division 2 maybe.

Mel Tucker is not wrong. Duval might be the best strength coach in the nation but he’s not the best conditioning coach in the country. This only practicing in the AC and not stepping foot outside needs to change, our players weren’t ready for the heat in that game.

ADVERTISEMENT