ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting photo/article from 1990; re: 9-win seasons

Red_Pants

Nov 18, 2015
image.jpg

He learned good is not good enough and adjusted to more speed and kept the power up front.

Adaption and he delivered. Is interesting that so many forget about such articles and thoughts about Dr. Tom.

9 win seasons are for losers.... thank God SE is striving for more than the status quo.

9 win seasons are for losers.... thank God SE is striving for more than the status quo.
By this standard you want Coach Osborne would not have made it past the 80"s. Hell He was almost gone in 78. Then where would we be? Nope you might want to rethink that statement, patience can be the wise action.

By this standard you want Coach Osborne would not have made it past the 80"s. Hell He was almost gone in 78. Then where would we be? Nope you might want to rethink that statement, patience can be the wise action.

Nine win seasons every year since but 7 times since 1962.... And that is for losers RollingLaugh

I'll be blunt.... if you can't tell the difference between what Tom was doing and 408, you're a complete idiot.

That article reads like all the husker boards read up until Bo being fired. And hell no am I comparing Pelini and Osborne. But it's almost creepy how similar the verbiage is. I lost count how many times I read the very same sentences, phrases, etc., on the husker boards in recent years.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Also played less games back then. And no aa teams.
They played 11 regular season games, as opposed to the current 12. More than anything, I just found it really interesting the consistency in the critiques and predictions. Harping on Osborne's record against top 10 teams certainly echoed in my mind as having been endlessly repeated on HB and here as well.

ADVERTISEMENT