ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting note about 2020 Big Ten Offensive Lines

Cornicator

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2009
Meadville
The two most prestigious HS All-Star games are the US Army All-American Bowl and the Under Armour All-American Bowl. There are numerous other HS all-star games, but the majority of the "Blue Chip" HS players end up in these games.

Going by the projected starting offensive lines in 2020, here is a list of the teams with highest amount of former US Army or Under Armour All-Americans starting up front:

1. Penn State - 4 former HS All-Americans
2t. Ohio State - 3 Former HS All-Americans
2t. Michigan - 3 Former HS All- Americans
2t. Nebraska - 3 Former HS All-Americans (Jurgens, Farniok, and now Benhart)
5. Wisconsin - 2 Former HS All- Americans

Interesting note about Penn State, they have a 5th projected starter who played in the Semper-Fi All-American Game. That's just another rung down the pecking order, but it really illustrates how great their offensive line will be.

I don't expect Corcoran to start in 2020, but if he did somehow find a spot at Guard, Nebraska would join Penn State with the most former HS All Americans on the offensive line.

Does this mean much? No not really. But keep the following in perspective:

Going into the 2016 Ohio State game, Nebraska started Sam Hahn, Dylan Utter, and Cole Conrad against the freaking Buckeyes.

In 2020, Nebraska will most likely have Boe Wilson (21 career starts) and Trent Hixon (12 career starts) as back ups.

Id change that number a bit. We are 4th. Jurgens was a TE in HS, so Im not sure Id count him in this number, maybe as a .5

The two most prestigious HS All-Star games are the US Army All-American Bowl and the Under Armour All-American Bowl. There are numerous other HS all-star games, but the majority of the "Blue Chip" HS players end up in these games.

Going by the projected starting offensive lines in 2020, here is a list of the teams with highest amount of former US Army or Under Armour All-Americans starting up front:

1. Penn State - 4 former HS All-Americans
2t. Ohio State - 3 Former HS All-Americans
2t. Michigan - 3 Former HS All- Americans
2t. Nebraska - 3 Former HS All-Americans (Jurgens, Farniok, and now Benhart)
5. Wisconsin - 2 Former HS All- Americans

Interesting note about Penn State, they have a 5th projected starter who played in the Semper-Fi All-American Game. That's just another rung down the pecking order, but it really illustrates how great their offensive line will be.

I don't expect Corcoran to start in 2020, but if he did somehow find a spot at Guard, Nebraska would join Penn State with the most former HS All Americans on the offensive line.

Does this mean much? No not really. But keep the following in perspective:

Going into the 2016 Ohio State game, Nebraska started Sam Hahn, Dylan Utter, and Cole Conrad against the freaking Buckeyes.

In 2020, Nebraska will most likely have Boe Wilson (21 career starts) and Trent Hixon (12 career starts) as back ups.
Raridon was one too. Now he can’t sniff the rotation, don’t think any of us saw that coming. Has to be one of the biggest bust on the OL in recent memory.

Id change that number a bit. We are 4th. Jurgens was a TE in HS, so Im not sure Id count him in this number, maybe as a .5

he’s still counts as an OLineman. That’s what he plays now.

and I’d say Wisconsin is 3rd. Not 5th. When you have 3 teams tied at 2nd, that doesn’t count for 3rd and 4th too. I have never understood why they do that, to be honest.

And I definitely wouldn’t count out Turner Corcoran, he may very well win that starting left guard spot. Might be why they moved Farniok over to right guard. If Corcoran does win that spot, we’d be tied with PSUcks at number 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
Craziest thing about Raridon was that he was basically the smallest linemen who came in with that class. Really bizarre.

some write ups I remember reading about him said he was a hell of a run blocker but struggled bad in pass pro. That would definitely ruin his chances as a Husker starter or a player in the two deep.

and I’d say Wisconsin is 3rd. Not 5th. When you have 3 teams tied at 2nd, that doesn’t count for 3rd and 4th too. I have never understood why they do that, to be honest.

Because there are 4 teams in front of them.

If you have an Olympic race and 3 people somehow tie for second, do you give a bronze medal to the runner after them? Of course not, they get nothing, because they weren’t in the top 3. They were 5th.

Because there are 4 teams in front of them.

If you have an Olympic race and 3 people somehow tie for second, do you give a bronze medal to the runner after them? Of course not, they get nothing, because they weren’t in the top 3. They were 5th.

no clue, does the 3 players that tied all get silver medals (you know, since they TIED) or do you flip a coin on which one gets the silver medal, which one get the bronze and so on. Again, to me, it makes no sense. You have a Golden medal, 3 silver medals and then you jump straight to 5th place with 3rd and 4th place just disappearing? I’d assume the 3 guys tied all got silver and the next guy bronze...

honestly not a big deal and nothing worth wasting much time on.

he’s still counts as an OLineman. That’s what he plays now.

And I definitely wouldn’t count out Turner Corcoran, he may very well win that starting left guard spot. Might be why they moved Farniok over to right guard. If Corcoran does win that spot, we’d be tied with PSUcks at number 1.

Ahhhh, the finest music to my ears.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Raridon was one too. Now he can’t sniff the rotation, don’t think any of us saw that coming. Has to be one of the biggest bust on the OL in recent memory.

It seems to be weight related? There were a few years where he seemed really heavy. He never had any serious injuries while here, right?

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT