ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting historical note with the win

I was thinking it was Dale Klein when he kicked 5 field goals. Actually he kicked 7 field goals and we had one touchdown to beat Missouri 28-20 in October 1985.

Reactions: newAD and saluno22
I was thinking it was Dale Klein when he kicked 5 field goals. Actually he kicked 7 field goals and we had one touchdown to beat Missouri 28-20 in October 1985.
Yeah, when I was researching, I was looking specifically for that game. I could recall the record 7 FGs, but didn't know we scored a TD.

That was an excruciating game to listen to. Back in the days Nebraska might be on TV 3 times a year for the milleniels.

Reactions: saluno22
That was an excruciating game to listen to. Back in the days Nebraska might be on TV 3 times a year for the milleniels.
Oh man, and I thought PPV games were bad. :D

Unfortunately, while it is nice being able to watch Nebraska play in some form of live broadcast each game, it is an equalizer across the Power 5: everyone is on TV. When OU had a TV ban as part of their probation in the 80s, that was a big deal because so few games were televised.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT