ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Game Next Week

Sep 3, 2007
Northwestern and Iowa always seem to be rock fights. Just curious to see your perspective on how Nebraska stacks up with Iowa, and why?

Huskers have only played one game it's tough to tell. Thought our lines looked pretty good considering the competition, though we don't have a great pass rusher. Running game looks strong. Played a bunch of walkons at WR though. Don't know what that means for the NW game. It's NU vs NU I expect it to go to the wire as always.

Northwestern and Iowa always seem to be rock fights. Just curious to see your perspective on how Nebraska stacks up with Iowa, and why?
I just don’t know what we have with Nebraska and it’s tough to gauge against OSU that has more talent than anyone else in the league. On one hand I thought we were better on both lines. That would make us more like how Iowa has been the last few years while Nebraska has had weak lines. On the other hand I did not see the improvement at qb, wr and the secondary that I was hoping for. I also see penalties, mistakes and turnovers and we did not make good second half adjustments. Clean those up and we loose to OSU by 20 instead of 35. We actually put up more yards and gave up less than PSU but we lost by 35 and Penn State lost by 13. Granted OSU left 15-20 points on the field against PSU. We did not get a week two that usually shows improvement over 1 and our only game has been against one of the best teams in the country. My guess is that we will learn a lot about Nebraska this week. I want to see continued good line play, strong running game, and eliminating the penalties and turnovers. Until I see it I expect a very close game. Good luck and congrats on the 2-0 start.

Thanks will follow. Feel free to ask for any perspective on the Cats.

for what it is worth, I would hate to see you guys leave the B1G!
Don’t worry we aren’t going anywhere.
Northwestern looks like the real deal this year. And we will be down two defensive backs for the first half. If we can play solid defense in the first half, I like our chances in the second. I rate this a toss up game.

NW ran the ball well and held io_a under a hundred yards on the ground. NW appears to have an effective short passing game. Fitz teams are well-coached and usually don't make many mistakes (they did give io_a a couple gifts yesterday). I think whoever wins the ground game wins the game.

Like Pennsy said, Nebraska isn’t leaving the B1G and running back to the Big 12..

Ramsey is a good QB who we played against last year against Indiana and something NW didn’t have last year, was impressed with Bowser and the cats running game..

I thought NW would beat Ioway but I wasn’t sure after the Herky’s went up 17-0..

Fritz is one of the underrated coach’s in this league..

Like Pennsy said, Nebraska isn’t leaving the B1G and running back to the Big 12..

Ramsey is a good QB who we played against last year against Indiana and something NW didn’t have last year, was impressed with Bowser and the cats running game..

I thought NW would beat Ioway but I wasn’t sure after the Herky’s went up 17-0..

Fritz is one of the underrated coach’s in this league..
I don’t think he is underrated. Everyone knows he is a really good coach who would do well at a bigger program. Maybe win a title. But Northwestern fans should be ecstatic he is their coach and will be for a long time. It’s what we are hoping with Frost. That he will turn into a really good coach and stay instead of jumping ship. It’s why we are patient.

Who knows how the B1G will shake out this year. I think we have to wait and see how many games actually get played vs. cancelled.

Teams take on their coaches attributes, and NWs composure was astounding, went from self destruct to fending off an Ioowa team struggling for relevance.
Nice win

Reactions: rmndcat
I missed the first quarter of the game but to me it looked like NW was pushing IA off the line of scrimmage quite a bit.
This game will be like most of our history with Northwestern. Probably a slug fest but I think we may need to play a little finesse to beat them.
Can't wait!

Reactions: rmndcat
My biggest hope and wish for both teams is to get through this slugfest injury free. Oh, and the good guys win!

Teams take on their coaches attributes, and NWs composure was astounding, went from self destruct to fending off an Ioowa team struggling for relevance.
Nice win
That's a hallmark. I sat in the rain at the Holiday Bowl a couple of years ago and saw them down 20-3 at the half against a pretty good Utah team. They came back and had a 28-0 3rd quarter and pitched a shutout the rest of the way. They don't always win that way and sometimes they fail badly (like last season), but they don't panic.

If AM plays as well as he did at OSU and doesn't turn the ball over, we'll win both games.

This is the most important game of the last 3 years. My bold prediction: we get up by 3 TDs in the first half. NW comes out of the locker room after halftime and immediately cuts the lead to 14, our offense stalls on the next drive and we punt the ball. It will be all too familiar, except this time we have a defender step up and start to dominate just out of sheer will, namely Ty Robinson. This will break the cycle of losing confidence and focus, and both sides of the ball will feed off of it and we completely destroy NW for the rest of the game. Just like that, we have our swagger back.

This is the most important game of the last 3 years. My bold prediction: we get up by 3 TDs in the first half. NW comes out of the locker room after halftime and immediately cuts the lead to 14, our offense stalls on the next drive and we punt the ball. It will be all too familiar, except this time we have a defender step up and start to dominate just out of sheer will, namely Ty Robinson. This will break the cycle of losing confidence and focus, and both sides of the ball will feed off of it and we completely destroy NW for the rest of the game. Just like that, we have our swagger back.

Nice! Peyton Ramsey scares me. We always seem to suck against running QB's. Just because of history I feel like this game is going to be within 5 points, or we will fold again and NW wins by 14+

Nebraska is NOT leaving the B1G. Just a bunch of senseless noise by some fans and national pundits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT