ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting find from Munson on USC

jflores

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 3, 2004
--- Had chalked up Dez as had most Huskers fans as today being a formality that he would commit to the Huskers. What actually happened? Wish he could figure it out. There are questions swirling of allegations of NCAA violations. Who is to know though. However, the idea that somebody got involved, got greedy and things got shady THEN SAME ON THEM. Thinks this was a family member who made this decision and he would not be surprised to see Dez in JUCO in a year or two because of it. Then trying to get back on the Huskers radar to get back to Lincoln. Unfortunately this probably is one of those situations where someone else got involved (and "steered" him to Louisville)

---Thinks the Huskers have a Plan B for Fitz. Williams he thinks is already all over it. No face to face of course but other legal ways to talk. Do not be surprised to see another name pop up in the next 24-36 hours (Lipscomb?).

Pulled that off another board. Credit to Red Reign for the synopsis.

He's been getting into it with Husker fans on twitter.
these allegations come up every year when kids change minds.
It's LOL.
We shouldn't take it personally.
These are kids playing a game.
Let them choose. It's their life not ours.
Hope dez drops Twitter for a while as stupid fans act lik babies

if you're going to be active on twitter, be ready for what comes with it.

I hope our fans just let the kid be. He'll forget about it once he gets to Hollywood anyway, so why even bring it up? Maybe he'll do a featurette on it when he has some downtime from his 6th reality TV series.

Reactions: tpmcg
I don't know if I've ever heard a recruiting reporter publicly commenting about under-the-table happenings. Interesting to say the least

I don't know if I've ever heard a recruiting reporter publicly commenting about under-the-table happenings. Interesting to say the least

Munson should probably just leave this one alone and move on. Unless there is something that clearly shows that something is rotten in Denmark, he should probably temper his thoughts.

Munson should probably just leave this one alone and move on. Unless there is something that clearly shows that something is rotten in Denmark, he should probably temper his thoughts.
I agree, but since he is saying something, it seems pretty clear that the staff was convinced as well that Dez was coming. I don't think Munson would say this about a recruit that was 50/50.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
I agree, but since he is saying something, it seems pretty clear that the staff was convinced as well that Dez was coming. I don't think Munson would say this about a recruit that was 50/50.

I think 18 year old kids are very impressionable, and if Petrino rolled out the red carpet during his visit, and tailored a presentation to how they would use him in their offense that made him feel all warm and fuzzy, anything is possible. Sometimes the last visit is going to win out.

It may be a case where they left Louisville a little heavier in the pocketbook, but how many times is it proven when someone claims foul on these last minute flips? Our coaches just need to move on and see what they can do to fill his spot.

Reactions: timnsun
I think 18 year old kids are very impressionable, and if Petrino rolled out the red carpet during his visit, and tailored a presentation to how they would use him in their offense that made him feel all warm and fuzzy, anything is possible. Sometimes the last visit is going to win out.

It may be a case where they left Louisville a little heavier in the pocketbook, but how many times is it proven when someone claims foul on these last minute flips? Our coaches just need to move on and see what they can do to fill his spot.

i'm sure our coaches moved on, but what is really bad is apparently another prospect was told not to visit by our coaches, because of what the fitz family told them. it not only affects the program but the other kids future also.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
these allegations come up every year when kids change minds.
It's LOL.
We shouldn't take it personally.
These are kids playing a game.
Let them choose. It's their life not ours.
Hope dez drops Twitter for a while as stupid fans act lik babies

Actually, these specific allegations are NOT common.

No one is taking it personally, so far as I have read.

Dez played a game with the video announcement crap but pretty typical stuff for kids (unfortunately).

No one is stopping Dez or anyone else from choosing, although the NCAA MIGHT look into this, in which case this choice could be a poor one for the young man, who I am not convinced was allowed to choose his future. Petrino is such an upstanding character, strong moral fiber and a man of his word.

I hope Twitter dries up and burns.

Keep in mind that fans of other schools often troll Twitter and post things to make other schools look bad.

Listen, Twitter's gonna Twitter. There is a block function for heaven's sake. Maybe the kid played NU, maybe not. Old man could be a bit of a helicopter parent. It's possible we dodged a bullet on this one.

Sounds like Fitz' dad got sold the bag of goods by Petrino and most likely steered (pimped)
him to Louisville

You think he offered him a ride on his motorcycle? :D

PetrinoBeforetheCrash-2.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT