ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting AMart stat

Living in KS I see all his highlights. It seems like he is breaking several long runs.

He is actually running a little more at KSU. Currently through 5 games he is averaging 14.4 carries a game. At NE he averaged 12.7 his freshman year, 14.4 is sophomore year, 13 his covid year, and 12 his junior year.

His best average was the covid year at 5.7, the rest were 3.9 to 4.5 and at KSU he is averaging 6.5!

Reactions: BleedRed78
ksu having a running games helps..and ksu doesn't have martinez throw in the redzone.
martinez being a sr. probaly also helps...but will he stay healthy running the ball?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Because he no longer has the "fear of failure"... Kleiman has had a hard time getting him to let it loose. He played with trepidation and is finally beginning to just rip it. He looks very serviceable now.
I think thats similar to what our coaches are preaching now. Just go play.

He is the leading rusher for QB’s in the country. Regardless of position he is nearly top 20 rusher. We think Scott over ran him but k state be like f it.
Scott neutered his running ability and made him fat at one point which was just asinine. He was damn fast as a freshman, and he's gaining some of that speed back at KSU to break off some long gains.

Scott neutered his running ability and made him fat at one point which was just asinine. He was damn fast as a freshman, and he's gaining some of that speed back at KSU to break off some long gains.
I was thinking the same thing, remember his spring game? Looked like he was really quick. By the 3rd year he was waddling around like a fat man.

One of the most bizarre careers of a player here. He looked so much like an obvious future heisman candidate his freshman year. He played more care free. I loved how he stood so calm in the pocket that year I thought we for sure struck gold.

As time went on it appeared to most of us that somebody was ruining him. Now we know they were. He’s never looked this good in any of his time here and the closest he’s been was his freshman year. He’s winning big games and his team is rolling. Plenty of us easily predicted this.

Reactions: Anegada1
Nebraska tried to make him a drop-back passer. K-State is good at designing QB runs that’s where he gets a lot of the yards.

He 113th in passing. Thinking while some see this as his resurrection at kstate —-they will kill his NFL dream by just running him
he's not an nfl qb. He has trouble reading defenses and not always accurate. Could be a tebow type with some wildcat looks and the occasional trick play.

He 113th in passing. Thinking while some see this as his resurrection at kstate —-they will kill his NFL dream by just running him
NFL dream? I don't think he'll even get a shot in the XFL. He's had like 4 shoulder surgeries and has no pocket presence. Maybe if he has some decent hands he can play wide receiver or be a special teams guy.

He is the leading rusher for QB’s in the country. Regardless of position he is nearly top 20 rusher. We think Scott over ran him but k state be like f it.
Well, it appeared to this untrained eye that whatever strength program they had him on at Nebraska, actually slowed him down.

He looks faster to me playing at KState.

Reactions: oldjar07 and dand84
I dont see a big difference in what hes doing now. Look at his stats there compared to here. The only difference is less turnovers and his team is winning. He still doesnt pass much at all and his big plays come from scrambling on a broken pass play. That's exactly what he did here.
Make no mistake Kleinman would put his foot onto AM ass if he had turnovers. Guess what he doesn't have any.

If that a miracle or a coach laying out unacceptable behavior?

Scott and Duval made everyone fatter and slower.

Reactions: OAHU-SKER
Eric Crouch was probably around 100th in passing his senior year; 1115 yards in 12 games or 125.83/game and 55.6% completion rate, and averaged 15.75 passes per game.

I dont see a big difference in what hes doing now. Look at his stats there compared to here. The only difference is less turnovers and his team is winning. He still doesnt pass much at all and his big plays come from scrambling on a broken pass play. That's exactly what he did here.
Well he's in the Heisman race bud, won't win it but he's in it.

Scoring Defense
2022 Kansas State 16.7 ppg in the high-scoring Big XII
2018-2021 Nebraska 27.6 ppg in the low-scoring Big Ten

Scoring Offense
2022 Kansas State 28.7 ppg
2018 - 2021 Nebraska 27.6 ppg

Clearly AM is playing the best D of his career.

No he's not. He had a couple big games, but also 4 ho hum games with 3 giving him the stat line of one of the worst QB's in the Power 5. He's lucky that KSU D is bailing him out.
Bet me go look up as he's currently 9th

AMart is doing well on a well-coached team. He didn’t have that here. Really don’t get the hate directed toward him. He was QB here a long time. Whether you think he was good or not, I’m glad he is having some success.

Scoring Defense

Scoring Offense

Nm on b
Scoring Defense

Scoring Offense

there is no doubt that Chin’s defensive struggles magnified AMart’s mistakes at NU. Now he’s just giving the ball up on downs instead of giving it up with turnovers

Reactions: 9and4
Bet me go look up as he's currently 9th
Yeah, currently and that doesn't get invited to New York and that is essentially based off of the OU game which OU has proven to be a fraud. I'd be careful crowning him anything. He's benefitting from KSU having a pretty decent D and also being able to hand it to an AA RB. Lot of season, and he's played 2 really good games, 3 pretty bad games, and 1 mediocre game in which they scored 10 points. If that is Heisman material, then this is an awful year for the Heisman.

ADVERTISEMENT