ADVERTISEMENT

"Inside Information"

I assume you're talking in regards to this board?... If you stick around long enough you learn there are "guys who know guys"... Their info is legit... Never understood the people who get the their panties in a bunch about that... Just appreciate that some guys are willing to take time to share what they know with regular Joe's like me.

Not sure if you are talking about this board or something like UFO conspiracies. If NU football, I was good friends with a guy whose brother was on the team in the late 70s. Some of the stuff my friend (not the player) told me blew my mind, but I had no reason to doubt it. So I definitely believe in it since I used to get it. If we had Internet then, I doubt I would have posted any of it since it was confidential between my friend and me.

If you are talking about UFOs - no, Majestic 12 has all that info locked down.

Yes, I don't get much on Nebraska but I have friends, relatives, old business partners, former employees......that are tight with Kansas and I get all kinds of inside scoop from their conversations with players, former players, boosters, coaches, AD and Athletic Trainers. I know a bunch of their former football players and some are still actively involved with KU, especially the ones who played football with Clint Bowen. Also buddies with some of the Trainers and they really seem to know what is going on, even with basketball recruiting. KU S&C Coach Andrea Hudy is one of the best in the business when it comes to basketball. Some of the recruits regularly talk to her about their training and what they should be doing to improve. Her staff gets to know some of the recruits quite well. I am sure it will be something similar to what we are going to see with S&C Coach Phillip.

Reactions: wy19
Definitely believe it exists. Had a buddy that just graduated and started for Iowa, and he's told me some things

It exists. But its reputation is tarnished that by those that put stuff out there as inside information, but it's really nothing more than a guess with the hope of being right so he can have more "board cred". Whenever the demand for "inside info" is high, these insider-wannabes step up and fill the void.

Yes it exists to some extent. There are people who are big donors, friends of big donors, or friends of dudes within the Athletic Department. Those people usually do KNOW things going on with the team.

However, I think a lot of stuff that comes from former players can be based on half truths, biases, and negative or positive opinions.

Anytime I read stuff like, "I was talking to a former player," I tend to just shrug my shoulders and take that report with a grain of salt. What those guys really know and truly know is often different from the truth.

The problem is not that it doesn't exist. The problem is that too many people with no connection to the program whatsoever post a rumor from a guy who heard a rumor from a guy who was just speculating as though they have the same quality of info as people who actually attend practices.

I had 100% on point inside information during the Solich coaching tenure. I knew when the staff was turning over, who was moving on and when. My "source" could not be provided in this context so I reported it as "I'm confident X, Y and Z will happen."

I was completely taken to the carpet because I wouldn't name a source, even though everything I claimed was 100% accurate.

Granted, sometimes people throw things out there for the shock value and can't be trusted, so there's the dilemma of what to trust and what not to trust.

You also have to wonder why someone with insider access would be willing to share in a public setting like this. I guess in my case, I wanted some "recognition" for knowing someone on the inside. Looking back, I was dumb. If I had that level of insight now, I would not be sharing it here.

Originally posted by chicolby:

You also have to wonder why someone with insider access would be willing to share in a public setting like this. I guess in my case, I wanted some "recognition" for knowing someone on the inside. Looking back, I was dumb. If I had that level of insight now, I would not be sharing it here.
I completely agree with you on this. When someone tells me something I usually keep it to my self. I guess I equate telling "insider information" to having a personalized license plate. You are looking for some type of attention no matter what kind it is. It is also funny to watch some of the so called "insider information" turn out to be either false or just someones opinion. Great Stuff!!!

When one of the assistants has a brother-in-law all over chat boards with the controlled message, and outright lies.... inside information is real, just may not be truthful in some cases.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Everybody knows somebody.

All inside information is, is somebody knowing someone that I don't. So yes, I'll admit that I don't know everyone.

Originally posted by Bill_Callahan2.0:
Definitely believe it exists. Had a buddy that just graduated and started for Iowa, and he's told me some things
tumblr_n3eu9epuZO1smcbm7o1_400.gif

Yes, because a long, long time ago I used to have access to it.

Does inside information matter, my opinion is "no", unless you care about bragging rights. You know something is going to happen, it happens, then everybody knows.

There is the "dirty, dark secrets" side that never truly becomes public knowledge. And as a fan, it's probably better not to know to keep from being jaded. If ignorance is bliss, tis folly to be wise.

ADVERTISEMENT