ADVERTISEMENT

Injury Updates

Leiwer playing at all is a symptom of the disease. I am not all that down on him, he is a non factor for the most part. His 2 catches for 13 yards isn't why we are not good.

The issue is that Frost wants to run a talent based offense with less talented players. If you play an offensive system like Iowa or Wisconsin, you can get away with less talented players, who work hard. With an offense that is most successful with fast WR and fast RB working in space, having the hard working, less talented players on the field just make your offense look slow and is much easier to defend. Frost has a soft spot for small town Nebraska kids and kids that are underdogs, he likes them better than some of the others and they are getting opportunities to play. In some cases, it is a detriment to the team's success.

JMHO
Yep

Generally speaking the most athletic guys on the team are DB's...When you WR's are the least athletic guys on the team, that is a mismatch. I get "they run great routes" but that just ain't enough.

But he has been productive on game day. First downs are important. Leiwer's problem hasn't been that he isn't fast enough or that he can't make big plays. His problem is that our QB at times can't hit open receivers. Leiwer playing is by FAR the least of our offensive worries.
Agree Adrian is a slow thinker

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
does anyone have any idea why Nebraska is so soft especially when it comes to injuries? Is it wrong workouts or wrong weight training?

does anyone have any idea why Nebraska is so soft especially when it comes to injuries? Is it wrong workouts or wrong weight training?
The Baltimore Ravens now have put 15 guys on the IR list since August. I think they've lost 2 RBs to ACLs and 9 guys since the start of the season.

Leiwer playing at all is a symptom of the disease. I am not all that down on him, he is a non factor for the most part. His 2 catches for 13 yards isn't why we are not good.

The issue is that Frost wants to run a talent based offense with less talented players. If you play an offensive system like Iowa or Wisconsin, you can get away with less talented players, who work hard. With an offense that is most successful with fast WR and fast RB working in space, having the hard working, less talented players on the field just make your offense look slow and is much easier to defend. Frost has a soft spot for small town Nebraska kids and kids that are underdogs, he likes them better than some of the others and they are getting opportunities to play. In some cases, it is a detriment to the team's success.

JMHO
Perfectly summed up. No one dislikes Liewer. We dislike seeing him on the field as it’s clear at that point our best athletes are not playing. This works in Iowa or Wisconsin. Not here.

Jackson plays with reckless abandon. I'm surprised he doesn't get killed. He's not a big guy but he is so damned quick that it's hard for anybody to put a lick on him.
He has a good amount of wiry strength to him too. It's not just his quickness that makes it tough, though obviously that's a big factor.

what's peoples definition of playmakers?
image-233-small-2048.jpg

That would be one. Jordan Westerkamp fit the bill as well. Johnny Rodgers, Frosty Anderson, Guy Ingalls, Junior MIller, just to name a few. Guys who make exceptional plays whether it's breaking a tackle for a long run or making an incredible catch for a first down or TD.

Reactions: redwine65

JMHO
Well stated. I've been trying to say this all along. Time to put our full coaching effort into making the talent on the team better instead of spending time coaching forty extra guys who will never see the field or make a difference if they ever do.

Casey Rogers injury update?
Could have used him Saturday. Line was a bit gassed on OU's last drive. Maybe they get off the field earlier than they did if they had a extra body playing for the entire game. From the stat sheet, it looks like Stille, Damion, Deontre and Ty got most of the work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT