ADVERTISEMENT

Injury question

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
missed the game, was out watching some college kids run in the rain. What is our current injury status on D, especially LB?

Bando, MRI, Newby injured, don't know expected return. Didn't see Gifford today either, I don't believe.

missed the game, was out watching some college kids run in the rain. What is our current injury status on D, especially LB?
We are screwed at linebacker. I doubt Bando or MRI are healthy the rest of the year and now Newby apparently tore his groin. Walkons and freshmen are going to have to play a good portion of the season for us there and it isn't going to be pretty.

Some kid named Weber filled in, monproblem
Some kid named Weber filled in... no problems whatsoever

Young is going to be solid but a Fr starting is always tough. When was last time we had a true Fr start at LB, let alone anywhere on D.

How bad is Newby's groin injury in the first place? Damn he was playing well in the first half.

This is what I never understood about Bo Pelini. The moment it was announced Nebraska was moving from the Big XII to Big Ten he should have gone out and recruited about ten linebackers. The personnel you need to defend the spread offenses in the Big XII and power running teams of the Big Ten differ quite dramatically. Yet he made no noticeable changes to his approach. I guess he figured the ol' Cover-2 would suffice.

I think Riley deserves 90% of the blame for what is happening right now, but the lack of linebackers is on Bo. If I were the coaches I would be sleeping on the front porch of every good JUCO linebacker in the country, offering instant playtime.

This is what I never understood about Bo Pelini. The moment it was announced Nebraska was moving from the Big XII to Big Ten he should have gone out and recruited about ten linebackers. The personnel you need to defend the spread offenses in the Big XII and power running teams of the Big Ten differ quite dramatically. Yet he made no noticeable changes to his approach. I guess he figured the ol' Cover-2 would suffice.

I think Riley deserves 90% of the blame for what is happening right now, but the lack of linebackers is on Bo. If I were the coaches I would be sleeping on the front porch of every good JUCO linebacker in the country, offering instant playtime.

No idea what Bo was thinking when we moved to the Big 10. Only thing I can come up with is ego

Any news on Weber's ankle? We really can't lose anyone else in the LB core.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT