ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana/Rutgers

k9_r

Offensive Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010
Indiana lead 2-0 in the top of the 1st, Rutgers ties in up in the middle innings.
Top of the 8th the Ruts change pitchers, plunk two Indy batters on two pitches then change again... and again while loading the bases twice. Indiana plates six.
8-2 Indiana middle of the 8th, Rutgers up.

Where the hell was this bullpen last week???

Reactions: donahues17
Indiana lead 2-0 in the top of the 1st, Rutgers ties in up in the middle innings.
Top of the 8th the Ruts change pitchers, plunk two Indy batters on two pitches then change again... and again while loading the bases twice. Indiana plates six.

I think we saw season-best performances from a number of Spartans and Scarlet Knights the last two weeks.

Reactions: k9_r

Maybe it wasnt so much of their pitching hut our bats being cold as ice right now. Hopefully the each had about 500 or so practice cuts this week in BP

Saturday, May 8 (2 p.m.) vs. Indiana
Pitching: LHP Cade Povich (4-1) vs. TBA

Sunday, May 9 (10 a.m.) vs. Indiana
Pitching: TBA vs. RHP Gabe Bierman (4-2)

Sunday, May 9 (2 p.m.) at Rutgers
Pitching: TBA vs. RHP Brent Teller (3-2)

Monday, May 10 (10 a.m.) at Rutgers
Pitching: TBA vs. TBA

Lots of TBA there especially from Bolt. Also, Povich will be facing Indiana's number three pitcher. Indiana/Rutgers is the first game Saturday and ours in in the afternoon.

Hopefully the each had about 500 or so practice cuts this week in BP

No practice Monday (standard) or Tuesday this week plus no workout at Rutgers today. Not ideal, at all. Matter of fact, it's pathetic. Team probably just arrived at the hotel.

This trip is another 13-14 hour trip via Omaha to Newark while flights out of Lincoln to Newark would be 5 1/2 hours flight time plus 2 1/2 hours of wait/bus for a total of 8 hours. 5-6 extra hours are unnecessary. Bill Moos folks, barf.

• Angry
Reactions: donahues17 and k9_r
Maryland and Rutgers lost today.
Indiana, Michigan and Iowa won.

No practice Monday (standard) or Tuesday this week plus no workout at Rutgers today. Not ideal, at all. Matter of fact, it's pathetic. Team probably just arrived at the hotel.

This trip is another 13-14 hour trip via Omaha to Newark while flights out of Lincoln to Newark would be 5 1/2 hours flight time plus 2 1/2 hours of wait/bus for a total of 8 hours. 5-6 extra hours are unnecessary. Bill Moos folks, barf.
Unless you’re talking about charter flights (which I’m sure you’re not because that wouldn’t take 5-1/2 hours) I can’t complain about flying out of Omaha. Flights to and from Lincoln are on small planes with less than 50 seats. Maybe that will work if you can book it early enough but there was a similar problem at the destination when traveling to Penn State. The radio guys mentioned they flew into Harrisburg, which is closer, but the team had to go to Pittsburgh so they could all get on the same plane.

I think the real problem is probably lack of advanced travel planning. It shouldn’t take 14 hours to get from Lincoln to Piscataway. But their flight options were likely limited because they were booking them in late February instead of months earlier.

You can continue to blame Bill Moos for everything if you want but I’ll choose to point the finger at the conference for putting together a schedule only weeks before it began.

Reactions: Wyldcard
I don't buy the team on the same plane response as they've split the team and coaches up on multiple flights on a different trip in 2021. I believe it was 3 or 4 different flights they were split up on. Nebraska is a major athletic department, or so it pretends to be, and Bill Moos is the Athletic Director. Decisions at this level aren't made without his direction or stamp of approval.

With that said, I'll play along. There were flights out of Omaha with 5 1/2 hours of air time, not taking the 10 hours of air time it did today. To take it a step further, there were multiple flights leaving within reason (< 1 hour) of one another while arriving in Newark (< 2 hours) of one another. Again, limiting the travel time. But hey, Nebraska saved a few bucks so let's get the boys in New Brunswick at 10pm est instead of earlier in the day. It's not like we have an early afternoon game Saturday.

Charter flights for baseball will not happen because of softball. Or so we're told that's the reason. Strange how other baseball programs don't have that problem, but it could deal with the number of sports UNL offers (Title IX). Maybe one day the B1G will schedule softball/baseball teams at the same place each weekend so it can't be used as an excuse, regardless how legit it may be. That's common sense though. See, I lay blame elsewhere, not on Moos, although promises were made.

I blame Bill Moos for his lack of attention to baseball, a sport I care deeply about. You can continue to make excuses for him, I'll continue to call him out when necessary.

Maybe it wasnt so much of their pitching hut our bats being cold as ice right now. Hopefully the each had about 500 or so practice cuts this week in BP

Maybe. But their pitchers were throwing some pretty filthy sliders along with good velocity. Hopefully they come back to normalcy and we can take 3 of 4 this weekend.

I’m just happy we’re playing baseball. It appears the Big Ten would of been happy cancelling if it weren’t for the fact no other major conference did.

One bright side this weekend is Indiana will have played 2 games already by the time they play Nebraska today. The scheduling is a joke but I guess it’s better to be on the side of Nebraska than Indiana in that scenario.

I’m assuming they didn’t practice earlier in the week due to finals? Seems like an odd time of year to not have practice otherwise.

Reactions: sklarbodds
Indiana and Rutgers are at it again this morning, scoreless tie after 5th.

Not only scoreless but hitless too. Wereski (Rut) has one walk, Brown (Indy) is perfect - 15 up, 15 down.

I don't buy the team on the same plane response as they've split the team and coaches up on multiple flights on a different trip in 2021. I believe it was 3 or 4 different flights they were split up on. Nebraska is a major athletic department, or so it pretends to be, and Bill Moos is the Athletic Director. Decisions at this level aren't made without his direction or stamp of approval.

With that said, I'll play along. There were flights out of Omaha with 5 1/2 hours of air time, not taking the 10 hours of air time it did today. To take it a step further, there were multiple flights leaving within reason (< 1 hour) of one another while arriving in Newark (< 2 hours) of one another. Again, limiting the travel time. But hey, Nebraska saved a few bucks so let's get the boys in New Brunswick at 10pm est instead of earlier in the day. It's not like we have an early afternoon game Saturday.

Charter flights for baseball will not happen because of softball. Or so we're told that's the reason. Strange how other baseball programs don't have that problem, but it could deal with the number of sports UNL offers (Title IX). Maybe one day the B1G will schedule softball/baseball teams at the same place each weekend so it can't be used as an excuse, regardless how legit it may be. That's common sense though. See, I lay blame elsewhere, not on Moos, although promises were made.

I blame Bill Moos for his lack of attention to baseball, a sport I care deeply about. You can continue to make excuses for him, I'll continue to call him out when necessary.
It seems you have inside information that I do not. Probably the source of our disagreement on AD Moos. If what you say of the travel schedule is true and that the long layover was indeed for cost-cutting instead of a lack of a availability, then that is pretty disappointing. That said, everything has been harder for all involved since March of last year. Here’s hoping the 2021-22 sports calendar is back to normal.

I’m just happy we’re playing baseball. It appears the Big Ten would of been happy cancelling if it weren’t for the fact no other major conference did.
Agreed. I’m still convinced the football season cancellation was with the expectation that the Big Ten would be seen as the leader on player safety and the other leagues would follow suit. Oops.

The scheduling is a joke but I guess it’s better to be on the side of Nebraska than Indiana in that scenario.
I think I’ve figured out why the pods are having games on Mondays. It’s so the host team can avoid doubleheaders, or at least have the option to do so. Rutgers plays its four games F-S-S-M. And Indiana is the same in the pod Nebraska plays in at Bloomington.

Interestingly, Nebraska’s “host” pod at Minneapolis was over three days. Which I’m sure would have been preferred since it wasn’t actually at home.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
So Indiana finally got to Rutgers in the top of the 7th. Loaded the bases with no outs on a couple singles and a walk. The next three batters go down in order in a couple pop outs and a K. Leaving the score 0-0 heading to the bottom half of the 7th. Talk about a blown opportunity for Indiana. However, Indiana’s pitcher is still perfect through the previous 6 innings.

I think I’ve figured out why the pods are having games on Mondays. It’s so the host team can avoid doubleheaders, or at least have the option to do so. Rutgers plays its four games F-S-S-M. And Indiana is the same in the pod Nebraska plays in at Bloomington.

Interestingly, Nebraska’s “host” pod at Minneapolis was over three days. Which I’m sure would have been preferred since it wasn’t actually at home.
I think the pods have been the worse idea the Big Ten has ever come up with regarding the conference schedule. Too many disadvantages for some teams over others. It’s like they are trying their best to help their own teams not make a regional. Of course not allowing non conference games didn’t help.

So Indiana finally got to Rutgers in the top of the 7th. Loaded the bases with no outs on a couple singles and a walk. The next three batters go down in order in a couple pop outs and a K. Leaving the score 0-0 heading to the bottom half of the 7th. Talk about a blown opportunity for Indiana. However, Indiana’s pitcher is still perfect through the previous 6 innings.
Just as I wrote that last sentence Rutgers gets a leadoff solo homerun to start their half of the 7th. Lost the perfect game, no hitter, and shutout in one pitch.

Reactions: sklarbodds
7th inning broke up both no-nos.
In the top, Indiana gets two hits and a walk then makes three outs.
In the bottom Rutgers starts with a solo shot, gets three walks, makes three outs.
1-0 Rutgers

Brown had gone 18 up, 18 down in the previous six innings.

8th belonged to the pitchers. Top of the 9th Indiana gets one run on three hits, leaves two on.
Ruts go 1, 2, 3.
Tied 1-1, extra innings on deck.

hopefully they made Indiana use some of that bull pen up 3-3 in the 11th now..

Rutgers has 3 errors but hopefully they made Indiana use some of that bull pen up 3-1 in the 10th..
It's tied now and going to the 11th. I guess if both of these teams want to play a 20+ inning game and have no pitching left for the next 3 days I'm ok with that RollingLaugh

It's tied now and going to the 11th. I guess if both of these teams want to play a 20+ inning game and have no pitching left for the next 3 days I'm ok with that RollingLaugh
Not a bad idea but it would push our game back quite a bit.

Why isn’t BTN carrying any of these baseball games..
Softball over Baseball 🙄

Reactions: k9_r
I wonder who's gonna be designated as the home team in this game?

I wonder who's gonna be designated as the home team in this game?
I’m guessing Nebraska so Indiana doesn’t have to change uniforms. The official account’s Twitter post of the graduating seniors’ photo looks like home unis, also.

Reactions: Wyldcard
I’m guessing Nebraska so Indiana doesn’t have to change uniforms. The official account’s Twitter post of the graduating seniors’ photo looks like home unis, also.

Nebraska will be the home team today and tomorrow., In 2 weeks we have a 3 team pod in Bloomington Indiana with Ohio St and Nebraska obviously will be the away team..

It seems you have inside information that I do not. Probably the source of our disagreement on AD Moos. If what you say of the travel schedule is true and that the long layover was indeed for cost-cutting instead of a lack of a availability, then that is pretty disappointing. That said, everything has been harder for all involved since March of last year. Here’s hoping the 2021-22 sports calendar is back to normal.

One doesn't need insider information to look up flight schedules. Nor does one need that to know the team has been split up on different flights in 2021. Bill Moos doesn't care about baseball, period. There's been a litany of things in the last 12 months regarding his poor decisions. A lot have been shared here. Not one time has anyone countered outside of excuses.

Nebraska will be the home team today and tomorrow., In 2 weeks we have a 3 team pod in Bloomington Indiana with Ohio St and Nebraska obviously will be the away team..

Apparently I was wrong about Nebraska being the home team today against Indiana..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT