ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana getting stomped

Fickell still needs to be highly considered for our new head Coach..
I would put him in my top 10. Only problem is I only have 5 people in my top 10 and 2 arent realistic anyway. Tons of local talent for them.

I'd rather hire Fickell than Aranda or Leipold. He's had sustained success at Cincy over many years, and also coached in the Big Ten for a long time.

But he makes $5 million at Cincy. Would have to offer him $8-9 mill.
Money won't be an issue. Fickell may see better opportunities out there for himself though.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I tuned in to maybe learn something about our next opponent but Indiana is just unwatchable in this game. I get enough of that with the Huskers.
Yeah, I caught the last half out the 2nd Qtr. Been trying to watch the 2nd half. Indiana is slow and boring. Cincy’s QB might be more hurt than he’s saying to the coaches. Been 3 n Outs for them. Boring game.
Maybe I’m bringing them a little luck. Finally getting a couple first downs.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Fickell still needs to be highly considered for our new head Coach..
Not so fast my friend. Cinci has looked awful in the second half. Now they just had a huge gaffe where the QB ran a play on 4th down when Fickell apparently wanted him to take a delay before a punt

I haven't been watching, what's going on?
This is my first time watching Cincy this year. Just watching since we play Indy next week, and only from mid 2nd Qtr til the end. Neither team looks good. Not sure how much of that falls on Cincy’s QB. He took a pretty good hit and has been pretty bad the 2nd half.
If they have a back-up QB that is at least serviceable, I would’ve pulled the starter early in the 3rd.
Indy’s team is slow. Their QB is NOT good at all. I’m hoping that gives Mickey his first win. If him and Bill can light a fire under our D, it could happen. Not expecting it, but if they play like they have any pride in themselves, we could win that one.

Reactions: Hford
F
This is my first time watching Cincy this year. Just watching since we play Indy next week, and only from mid 2nd Qtr til the end. Neither team looks good. Not sure how much of that falls on Cincy’s QB. He took a pretty good hit and has been pretty bad the 2nd half.
If they have a back-up QB that is at least serviceable, I would’ve pulled the starter early in the 3rd.
Indy’s team is slow. Their QB is NOT good at all. I’m hoping that gives Mickey his first win. If him and Bill can light a fire under our D, it could happen. Not expecting it, but if they play like they have any pride in themselves, we could win that one.
Fickell isn’t the answer

Fickell would be a great coaching choice at Nebraska, but I doubt he’s interested.

Don’t base yesterday’s game vs IU as a litmus test of his coaching abilities. Cincy had that game well in hand at halftime and simply tried to bleed the clock. IU’s strength on D is taking away the run (Cincy ran for only 10 Yards in the first half) so lots of 3/outs in the 2nd half. But Cincy torched an experienced, yet bad IU secondary in the first half to get a big lead.

Fickell has a great thing going at UC. Any school that pries him away will get a heck of a coach. He’s at a point in his career he doesn’t have to settle for a rebuild.
Whichever opens first, OSU or ND, maybe what he’s waiting for.

Cincy's QB the last few years was GOOD. Amazing what a good QB operating in a system can do.

Reactions: dinglefritz
According to this board Fickell was guy based off thirty minutes of a home game in September. Not because of how he built Cincy into the first ever GO5 playoff team, and has helped get them an invite into the P5. Now he isn't the option because his team has let it's foot of the pedal, and is letting a slow Indiana team come back. Not the fact that he failed in his lone year at Ohio State, albeit under some pretty atrocious conditions. He is the Buckeye coach that let a Pelini squad come back from a double digit fourth quarter deficit.

Why hire a firm to help with the hire, when you have such stable opinions here?

Fickell is by far the best coach of all the names that have been floated, IMO

we will be favored on Saturday, indiana sucks

Reactions: 10Trvln
According to this board Fickell was guy based off thirty minutes of a home game in September. Not because of how he built Cincy into the first ever GO5 playoff team, and has helped get them an invite into the P5. Now he isn't the option because his team has let it's foot of the pedal, and is letting a slow Indiana team come back. Not the fact that he failed in his lone year at Ohio State, albeit under some pretty atrocious conditions. He is the Buckeye coach that let a Pelini squad come back from a double digit fourth quarter deficit.

Why hire a firm to help with the hire, when you have such stable opinions here?
I did have some interest in Cincy since LF is the HC. Like I said though, my main interest was in how Indy looked, just to see how they look and have a little bit of comparison for next weeks game. Their QB didn’t look good at all. The overall team and scheme was really pedestrian.

I did think the second half was hard to watch. My only comment about Cincy was that their QB seemed really hampered by injury. I was surprised he was still in the game. It wasn’t an indictment on LF’s coaching ability.

Indiana is probably the most winnable game left on the schedule. I don't know if we'll win but hopefully will. Good thing we don't have to a play Cincinnati. Lol.

I'd happily take a 21 point win over a Big 10 team while playing poorly in the 2nd half. Hell, I'd take a win at this point. I'd be very happy with Fickell but I doubt Nebraska is able to get him.

I tuned in to maybe learn something about our next opponent but Indiana is just unwatchable in this game. I get enough of that with the Huskers.

I thought Indiana played them tough in the 2nd half and it didn’t look like Cincinnati put it in coast. We will have our hands full with them. Toss-up game.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I thought Indiana played them tough in the 2nd half and it didn’t look like Cincinnati put it in coast. We will have our hands full with them. Toss-up game.
Cincy didn’t put it in coast, but it was obvious their QB was off. If our offense plays even pretty well, we should be able to stay ahead of Indy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT