ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Game Thoughts (Just the Positives)

dand84

Blackshirt
Oct 28, 2017
Just the Positives
- well-deserved butt chewings and benchings. I think it had a positive impact on the players
- motivation and desire to win. This team was night and day different to a Frost/Chins team. They found a way to win.
- They played all 4 quarters and the D only gave up 2 TD.
- we made in-game adjustments.
- total team effort including special teams

I heard that....

How is that cool. Hey sorry if I just fvcked your team over. Let me know and we'll report it.

Sometimes I completely understand Bo's referee related meltdowns.
From a bad angle you can understand how it looked like punch. There’s a lot to watch in the line. I didn’t like for all of the narrative from the ref. “And by his actions #6? Has disqualified himself from the game”. Whatever happened to “#99 is disqualified”?

Reactions: WHCSC and JOHNNY N
I heard that....

How is that cool. Hey sorry if I just fvcked your team over. Let me know and we'll report it.

Sometimes I completely understand Bo's referee related meltdowns.
Understand the meltdowns but damn he hurt his team at times and clearly screwed himself in the long run

Reactions: Swiv3D and JOHNNY N
From a bad angle you can understand how it looked like punch. There’s a lot to watch in the line. I didn’t like for all of the narrative from the ref. “And by his actions #6? Has disqualified himself from the game”. Whatever happened to “#99 is disqualified”?
I guess that could be on the angle. Doesn't make it right. Either way they screwed up the first PF.

They were just bad last night.

Saw Jimari in what appeared to be pass coverage.
Defense was able to get off of the field.
Need to get Vokolek reintegrated into the passing game.
Grant on track for a thousand rushing, Palmer has 480 receiving after 5 games.
When Thompson throws, the ball gets out of his hand quick. But he’s holding the ball when there are no options. Either throw the ball away or break out of the pocket and get some yards on the ground or connect with a WR that breaks free on the play extend. He’s an athletic guy. He can do this.

I don’t love our offense. Whipple will still have to go. And this was Indiana and they moved the ball on us quite a bit, we need to scrap the D and go back to the 4-3. JMO

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I saw the d-line get a push on multiple occasions. #90 looked like Suh on one play and pushed his blocker 5 yards backwards and almost into the QB.

Just the Positives
- well-deserved butt chewings and benchings. I think it had a positive impact on the players
- motivation and desire to win. This team was night and day different to a Frost/Chins team. They found a way to win.
- They played all 4 quarters and the D only gave up 2 TD.
- we made in-game adjustments.
- total team effort including special teams
The enthusiasm from coaches also stood out.
Oliver Martin made a nice TD grab.

Maybe subtle, but I saw guys handle their benching or substitutions like men. Palmer and Grant taken out on goal line after doing the dirty work, and they all seem to handle their role like pros as far as we can tell. Corcoran didn’t lose his cool with his coach, when he knew he was innocent. etc etc.

Thompson is cool, calm and collected. Appreciate his focus.

Everyone rips on Benhart, but I’ll try to temper those frustrations knowing that it’s on the coaches to make him better OR have someone better to put out there. And the kid keeps coming back despite a pattern of benchings. He hasn’t quit like MANY others.

Hope Mickey apologizes to Corcoran....dude got hosed last night.
Mickey said in his press conference that they’d look at the film see if the Officials made a mistake he mentioned turner said he didn’t take a swing , Mickey probably believes turner but he can’t go in a press conference and complain about the officials

With Thompson at QB Whip’s offense is a good fit.
I don’t feel the same way. Especially Whips running plays. Passing plays are ok.
We shall see the rest of the year, as we have now finished playing 4 of the worst 5 teams on the schedule.
Probably moot because Whipple won’t be here next season if an outside coach is hired.

White hat PC’d his way into the job. He knows the BIG won’t touch him. Hence the horseshit ‘Look at me’ explanations.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Hope Mickey apologizes to Corcoran....dude got hosed last night.
I admit to not understanding the rule and haven’t looked it up. Corcoran very clearly bitch slapped the guy across the face. It was intentional and deliberate and had nothing to with the play. He also got a another stupid one on the previous play after the play was over. Well worthy of a penalty. Not sure what the criteria is for an ejection.

I admit to not understanding the rule and haven’t looked it up. Corcoran very clearly bitch slapped the guy across the face. It was intentional and deliberate and had nothing to with the play. He also got a another stupid one on the previous play after the play was over. Well worthy of a penalty. Not sure what the criteria is for an ejection.
That’s what I saw too. Not a punch but definitely smacked his head.

Reactions: Bold Words
Watch MJ comments on this, I think it was post game interview or sideline interview.

Reactions: dand84
It's weird to see a head coach doing more than standing on the sidelines looking puzzled. Also, it's fun to not feel like a first down is inevitable when your opponent is in 3rd and long.
More like frost was thinking who’s supposed to have the beer iced down him or davison

I guess that could be on the angle. Doesn't make it right. Either way they screwed up the first PF.

They were just bad last night.

What was the first PF ? I didn’t see anything. 2nd was milder than what goes on every play, disgrace to get a PF on that.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
ADVERTISEMENT