ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana fans and the AD are claiming that Frost dissed them . . .

I was trying to see if there was any truth to it, since no one has posted a link to any article or anyone who claims to have heard anything like it. Wasn’t trying to stir anything up or gloat but only verify whether something was said that seems very unlikely to me.

You guys have a great tradition and I expect you’ll contend for the BiG soon.
Maybe, maybe not - but thanks!

We gave the game away. Vedrals fumble was the turning point. After that it was back to dumb penalties missed assignments losing focus
Kinda true. Actually true but as the great Paul Harvey said, and now the rest of the story.... TV did not show alot and at the same time I saw some things that I didn't see live. Yesterday, offense was not the problem although the two fumbles hurt. The wr m Williams not lining up right was huge. Which I assume is in your list of dumb penalties and assignment mistakes.

BUT the defense couldn't stop a one legged man in a butt kicking contest....my M*A*S*H reference.

We gave the game away. Vedrals fumble was the turning point. After that it was back to dumb penalties missed assignments losing focus
And to add insult to injury, I am watching NU vs Purdue volleyball game from last night. Other than a beautiful fall day, it stunk.

This VB team just can't gell. I talked to a person that works with the team....lot of attitude issues. Didn't ask and the individual didn't elaborate.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
F them/you and your mouthy team. Especially#1. He's good I'll give him that and given the chance I would have shaken his hand after the game because he singlehandedly kinda beat us. But he and several of us were enjoying some good banter on the sideline. But in retrospect, he's a puss. His number is his IQ. You can tell him that and he'll know where/who it came from. He started barking at the Husker crowd as long as you had the lead. When the real Big Red went ahead or he did something stupid, he disappeared to the other side of the bench. Jack ass. At the end of the game about 7 of his buddies came over to gloat. The coaches/support staff encouraged it. Paybacks are hell and yours is coming.
Look, I'm a Husker fan and I don't see any paybacks by the Huskers coming anytime soon.

Kinda true. Actually true but as the great Paul Harvey said, and now the rest of the story.... TV did not show alot and at the same time I saw some things that I didn't see live. Yesterday, offense was not the problem although the two fumbles hurt. The wr m Williams not lining up right was huge. Which I assume is in your list of dumb penalties and assignment mistakes.

BUT the defense couldn't stop a one legged man in a butt kicking contest....my M*A*S*H reference.
On the mike Williams penalty, the ref said too many in the backfield. So I ran it back and he was lined up clear right next to the sideline, he was about foot back from the line of scrimmage. Bs call

I’m not trolling, I’m truly curious. I’ve never once seen anything that backs any of it up, yet some IU people, including the AD, are claiming it’s valid. I would be shocked if he said anything of the sort, by the way.
Huh I just don't believe an AD would be crying like that

On the mike Williams penalty, the ref said too many in the backfield. So I ran it back and he was lined up clear right next to the sideline, he was about foot back from the line of scrimmage. Bs call
I can agree with the call. If you look at it, IMO, he's even with the te who is a step behind right tackle who is barely on the los. You are correct he is very close to the sideline. As a senior wr, you have to be smart enough to know when you need to be on the list. Signal to the line official that you are "on". They usually acknowledge or help. Atleast if you acknowledge you are on they'll let it slide

Reactions: Huskred01
F them/you and your mouthy team. Especially#1. He's good I'll give him that and given the chance I would have shaken his hand after the game because he singlehandedly kinda beat us. But he and several of us were enjoying some good banter on the sideline. But in retrospect, he's a puss. His number is his IQ. You can tell him that and he'll know where/who it came from. He started barking at the Husker crowd as long as you had the lead. When the real Big Red went ahead or he did something stupid, he disappeared to the other side of the bench. Jack ass. At the end of the game about 7 of his buddies came over to gloat. The coaches/support staff encouraged it. Paybacks are hell and yours is coming.
1178407322.jpg.0.jpg

can you blame the Huskers and Head Coach? They out gained Indiana and left 17 points or more on the field due to shoot them self’s in the foot. Indiana didn’t beat Nebraska, the Huskers lost the game. So yeah, naturally Scott Frost and the staff is more focused on what they done wrong then what Indiana did.

If Penix had played, Indiana may have hung 50-60 on you guys.

Reactions: sltldowney
If Penix had played, Indiana may have hung 50-60 on you guys.
We hardly ever stopped them and they hardly ever stopped us. So unless he could also play defense, it wouldn’t have changed the score much.

Last edited:
I’m not trolling, I’m truly curious. I’ve never once seen anything that backs any of it up, yet some IU people, including the AD, are claiming it’s valid. I would be shocked if he said anything of the sort, by the way.
I have no idea why he thought that about our coaches. If he sensed a lack of seriousness among our older players, that's all about our older players and has nothing to do with IU. Our young guys (Robinson, McCaffery) and newer guys (Vedral, Darion Daniels) have apparently started calling out our 4th & 5th year players for not being focused. It came to a head before yesterday's game, and WR, Vedral, and McCaffery talked about it openly after the game. It's an internal issue, nothing to do with IU.

And to add insult to injury, I am watching NU vs Purdue volleyball game from last night. Other than a beautiful fall day, it stunk.

This VB team just can't gell. I talked to a person that works with the team....lot of attitude issues. Didn't ask and the individual didn't elaborate.

Agree. VB team played poorly and truthfully should have been swept. But if anyone can figure them out, it's Cook.

Reactions: huskerfan66
We hardly
ever stopped them and they hardly ever stopped us. So unless he could also play defense, it wouldn’t have changed the score much.
We stopped them 4 times.... 3 punts and 1 int. They stopped us 6 times. 2 fumbles, 1 missed FG, 2 punts, 1 4th down conversion

Agree. VB team played poorly and truthfully should have been swept. But if anyone can figure them out, it's Cook.
I forget which game it was but he was interviewed on TV and Cook basically said this season is on the players and what they want to make of it. You can only do so much coaching and then they have to decide how far they want to go.... sound familiar??

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
at the Big 10 media days by saying he wished they could play Indiana every year since the program isn’t any good. IU’s AD is quoted in the Indy Star today saying the Nebraska staff didn’t respect IU, making yesterday’s victory even sweeter.

Is there any truth to this or any links or recollections of such statements or others like it by Frost or his staff?
Nothing remotely had been said like this. They want some attention. Playing the whole ‘we get no respect’ line. It’s old PR, you gotta live with that stuff after a loss.

That's why all the booing. We knew what was going on. Guess they should have given them more meth and opioids which Indiana and Ohio are famous for.

Sorry to be so crodgidity.....sp...... But Indiana just went to the bottom or top of the list however you want to look at it. Can of whoop ass us being manufactured as we speak
A threat of manufacturing a can of "Whoop ass" from nebraska football? Isn't that kind of like Honey Boo Boo threatening to take someone's lunch money? Not sure anyone is going to lose sleep over it.....

I do wish there was some kind of penalty for injury timeouts... something to at least discourage teams from faking injuries... you hate to penalize for a legit injury but man until there are ramifications for faking injuries that bush league crap will continue
The solution is that when a player goes down, he has to remain out for that entire possession. What drives me crazy is when these guys go down, come out for one play and are back in immediately.

it won’t fix it entirely but it would be a deterrent.

Allen,Jr.’s injuries were legit. The rest were intended to slow things down, as radio analyst Buck Suhr from the IU network said on several occasions. He’s a homer but also calls it as he sees it and it was obvious to even this IU fan and just about all the rest. Won’t take any swipes at Allen but we all saw the same thing.
It’s part of the game today boys. It happens to us all the time particularly when Coach Wilson was here. Michigan and Michigan State come to mind.....

Yes it sucks to have to play Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State every year. Complaining don’t help. See you next year.... the Hoosiers will be ready and waiting. Ass kickings are free in the Hoosier State

at the Big 10 media days by saying he wished they could play Indiana every year since the program isn’t any good. IU’s AD is quoted in the Indy Star today saying the Nebraska staff didn’t respect IU, making yesterday’s victory even sweeter.

Is there any truth to this or any links or recollections of such statements or others like it by Frost or his staff?
Are 3rd string QB toyed with them. I wish we could.

You guys are getting as bad as CryClown fans with your ref blame!

We're still 3-1 in our last four visits to Assembly Hall. I'm sure all IU fans and administrators reacted to those losses by saying, "Nebraska's just a great basketball program that has all our respect for achieving so much in its nearly 125 years of playing the game."

Right?

How so? What did I say that was so terrible?

And in reading your post----if re-watching a game played by 18-23 years olds on DVR gets you so angry that you have to snap at people, then maybe you need to re-evaluate your priorities in life.
Hate the "18-23 year old" disclaimer thing. But would it be ok to be that upset if an all 24-year old game?

The comments the AD referenced were not in regards to anything incredibly recent. It was the B1G media day and regardless of Scott Frosts intent, it definitely came across as offensive....apparently. I am guessing teams use whatever they can for motivation and this just happened to be something IU used.

IU and Nebraska don't play again until 2022 and I believe its back in Lincoln.

We're still 3-1 in our last four visits to Assembly Hall. I'm sure all IU fans and administrators reacted to those losses by saying, "Nebraska's just a great basketball program that has all our respect for achieving so much in its nearly 125 years of playing the game."

Right?

No, IU fans looked at their own team and asked what was going on. Fired Coach Crean and made sure not to make any excuses. They didn't state "IU beat IU, Nebraska didn't beat IU".

I do wish there was some kind of penalty for injury timeouts... something to at least discourage teams from faking injuries... you hate to penalize for a legit injury but man until there are ramifications for faking injuries that bush league crap will continue
Agree, there really doesn't need to be something in place to limit that BS. Have a limit you get 2 or 3 injuries per game after that there is a 5 yard penalty assessed. What Indiana did was equivalent to knocking a guy out by hitting him with a 2x4 when his back is turned, just cheap and dirty. Now I will say something like that should not be blamed as a reason we lost.

Agree, there really doesn't need to be something in place to limit that BS. Have a limit you get 2 or 3 injuries per game after that there is a 5 yard penalty assessed. What Indiana did was equivalent to knocking a guy out by hitting him with a 2x4 when his back is turned, just cheap and dirty. Now I will say something like that should not be blamed as a reason we lost.

So what IU did was assault?

No, IU fans looked at their own team and asked what was going on. Fired Coach Crean and made sure not to make any excuses. They didn't state "IU beat IU, Nebraska didn't beat IU".
No. No, they didn't respect Nebraska. Here's a story from Gregg Doyel in the Indy Star immediately after last year's loss. It has this quote: "But this loss was bad because the opponent was Nebraska."

Here's more, indicating that IU blamed IU, and didn't give credit to Nebraska.

And Morgan said: “It's just something that you've got to have. You can’t wake somebody up for them. They have to be ready to go.”

And he said: “As bad as it is, there’s no excuse for it. They’re all here to play. They're all here to play big-time basketball. They have to be ready to go. They have to be tough. They have to go in, defend, get rebounds, and when they're in the right spot, they have to score the ball.”

As Miller said, “We didn’t have any pop, any energy,” which is a really nice way of saying: “We didn’t play very hard.”

Thanks for the respect. Admittedly Nebrasketball faded down the stretch, but we were good at the time, coming off a fourth-place Big Ten finish in 2017-2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
No. No, they didn't respect Nebraska. Here's a story from Gregg Doyel in the Indy Star immediately after last year's loss. It has this quote: "But this loss was bad because the opponent was Nebraska."

Here's more, indicating that IU blamed IU, and didn't give credit to Nebraska.

And Morgan said: “It's just something that you've got to have. You can’t wake somebody up for them. They have to be ready to go.”

And he said: “As bad as it is, there’s no excuse for it. They’re all here to play. They're all here to play big-time basketball. They have to be ready to go. They have to be tough. They have to go in, defend, get rebounds, and when they're in the right spot, they have to score the ball.”

As Miller said, “We didn’t have any pop, any energy,” which is a really nice way of saying: “We didn’t play very hard.”

Thanks for the respect. Admittedly Nebrasketball faded down the stretch, but we were good at the time, coming off a fourth-place Big Ten finish in 2017-2018.

LOL So a writer based out of Indianapolis now represents Indiana? Come on. He was with CBS Sports and moved to Indiana a couple years back.

Secondly, all of those statements look to be incredibly viable ones. That is IU blaming themselves for playing like pooh. My statement was that IU would look at themselves and see what was going on. Absolutely. Just like any team should do when they lose. That isn't discrediting Nebraska. If you feel like this post proved your point, you're missing the boat.

WTF is wrong with you. Are you that idiotic? Of course it isn't the same thing. It is cheap shot and dirty as shit.

Nonsense. The "IndyResident16" is a Purdue fan looking to stir up nonsense as a fake IU fan. Go see his posts on the IU board. There was no discussion at IU about IU faking injuries, it was his way of riling you guys up. The players got injured and the injury report proves that fact. You got beat, it's not the end of the world but look internally at your team and not make excuses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT