ADVERTISEMENT

***Indiana at Michigan Live Game Thread (12pm CT on ESPN2)***

I prefer Michigan to win today..

Michigan will have a hot Maryland team next weekend and I can see them helping Nebraska and Indiana out..

Reactions: k9_r
I prefer Michigan to win today..

Michigan will have a hot Maryland team next weekend and I can see them helping Nebraska and Indiana out..
Definitely prefer Michigan but Indiana has Bierman on the mound. He's tough.

A Michigan win would give us sole possession of 1st heading into the final two weeks. So far we have a decent pitchers duel. Really would of loved to have the free win against Northwestern today but it is what it is.

Indiana with one hit. Michigan with two runs and now a leadoff double in the 4th. Moved to 3rd on a groundout, scored on a wild pitch. 3-0 and the 4th continues.

Indiana inching their way towards being a team praying for late inning magic. Which might happen of course.

5th inning solo shot leading off Indiana's 5th. 3-1 ....igan.

Two out single and another out brings Michigan up in the 5th. 3-1 blue.

Gabe Bierman is normally Indiana's Friday guy. Tommy Sommer is their Sunday guy and his ERA 3.26 and their Saturday guy McCade Brown with an ERA of 3.06, while Bierman has a 2.26 ERA

It’s crazy how many staffs in this league allow their pitchers to go well over 100 pitches without any hesitancy.

Michigan Pitching change. Michigan has enough arms in the BP to close the game out.

Gabe Bierman is normally Indiana's Friday guy. Tommy Sommer is their Sunday guy and his ERA 3.26 and their Saturday guy McCade Brown with an ERA of 3.06, while Bierman has a 2.26 ERA
Bierman started on opening day but when you check the box scores it shows that Indiana flipped the order in week two. Sommers 1, Brown 2, Bierman 3 all through the season.

They mixed it up a bit in the Rutgers pod pitching Modugno in their 2nd game (our 1st) then Brown then Bierman in their final game (our 2nd).

Bierman started on opening day but when you check the box scores it shows that Indiana flipped the order in week two. Sommers 1, Brown 2, Bierman 3 all through the season.

They mixed it up a bit in the Rutgers pod pitching Modugno in their 2nd game (our 1st) then Brown then Bierman in their final game (our 2nd).
Doesn't matter, still gonna take both from them next weekend at their house.

Reactions: saluno22 and k9_r
Indiana - two out rally in the 7th? Got the corners.

The old NW coach would regularly run his guys out to 120+ pitches. Maybe that's why he got fired.
Remember when Oregon State won the CWS? Their starting pitcher had a pitch count of 134 in game 1 of the championship series and then came back in game 3 and pitched again

Reactions: k9_r
Michigan stole 2nd but didn't that replay show a clear out?

Bierman goes seven full. Has 105 pitches. Will he come back out for the 8th?

Nope, baserunner slid to the back of bag and got there before the tag.
Right, but after the slide the replay showed his hand pinned to the ground by the tag short of the back of the bag. So it looked to me. Pinned to the ground.

Right, but after the slide the replay showed his hand pinned to the ground by the tag short of the back of the bag. So it looked to me. Pinned to the ground.
He had the back corner of the bag, tag attempt was was really close though

A strikeout then two walks has Indiana positioned to rally. New ....igan pitcher, T8th.

Game over, Indiana isn't coming back from those costly errors and that is why they are ranked 119th in the country in Fielding Percentage, Hell they had 5 against us in that Friday game last week. I stated in a threat last week that I though Michigan would take 2 of 3 from Indiana this weekend.

Fielding is a huge factor in close games and Michigan is ranked 106th in Fielding percentage

I’m glad we don’t have to play Indiana back to back games and play tOSU in that early Saturday game..

Don’t have confidence of Hroch beating Indiana in the late Saturday game..

Series eneded the way I predicted and stated in a thread last week it would.

Last edited:
I’m glad we don’t have to play Indiana back to back games and play tOSU in that early Saturday game..

Don’t have confidence of Hroch beating Indiana in the late Saturday game..
We will take both from them next weekend as we are that much better of a team.

That ball was inside.

Not only that, the 2-0 strike call was huge as well. HPU took that inning away from Indiana. Oh, and a bench warning after a pitcher shows emotion to his bench, after the inning is complete, is not just pathetic it's embarrassing.

These B1G crews will get eaten alive in the south during the post-season.

Maryland now appears to be a factor in the Big 10 race..
I predict that both Michigan and Indiana will drop games to them, Michigan this next weekend and in 2 weeks Indiana at College Park. Maryland is ranked 4th in the B1G

Reactions: scarletred
Illinois at Iowa City has 15 hits thru 6. Leads Iowa 6-2 in the rubber game.

ADVERTISEMENT