ADVERTISEMENT

In-State FBS Offers

Husk10

All-American
Dec 3, 2005
Texas
At the moment, five NE kids have FBS offers with at least five more likely to happen.

My question is: why the hell is a school like Kansas not recruiting NE harder? Recently I would've said the same about ISU, but they've offered Allen.

Schools like Ohio, SDSU, USD, NDSU, etc. have recruited NE well and been successful and one could argue that each school listed is a better football program then the aforementioned.

Again, it blows my mind the KU doesn't recruit NE, especially now that they are in a different conference.

I'd like to hear what others think.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
At the moment, five NE kids have FBS offers with at least five more likely to happen.

My question is: why the hell is a school like Kansas not recruiting NE harder? Recently I would've said the same about ISU, but they've offered Allen.

Schools like Ohio, SDSU, USD, NDSU, etc. have recruited NE well and been successful and one could argue that each school listed is a better football program then the aforementioned.

Again, it blows my mind the KU doesn't recruit NE, especially now that they are in a different conference.

Coach Beaty understands that Nebraska high school athletes are intelligent and want to attend a school with a chance to win at least a couple of games in their 4-5 years in college. Winking

KU doesn't even recruit Kansas well. How the hell would they recruit Nebraska any better? They did just land Josh Jackson for basketball though.

Mangino got a few kids out of Nebraska. But since him KU hasn't done a good job of recruiting Nebraska. I'm not sure why they don't recruit Nebraska more.

As a KU fan, I wish they did though, would be neat to see some guys do well at KU instead of ISU/Wyoming/KSU. I'd much rather spend four years in Lawrence then Ames, Laramie or Manhattan.

Coach Beaty seems to really like Texas. He has quite a few connections there from his years coaching in the Lone Star state. His recruiting class was terrible and I agree that he should be taking a peek across his northern border for some good players. Some of these kids might not be deemed "talented enough" for the Huskers but they certainly could develop into very productive players for the Jayhawks. One of the reasons Beaty was hired was because they thought he would be able to recruit better talent to KU, and so far that has been anything but true. Beaty also has had a problem keeping coaches, which is good and bad. Hate seeing turnover but the coaches are leaving for better jobs like Oklahoma so that tells me he at least hired good people that more successful programs want. But now he needs to keep hiring more replacements, except for DC Bowen who would never leave KU on his own merits.

This years 2017 class is a good example. Lots of D1 kids and only a few spots for in-state kids. I think KU and ISU could really load up on OL and DL kids if the just looked at NE.

Frankly, if I had to choose between SDSU and KU, I'm going to Lawrence. But, I'd take NDSU over KU, 8 days a week.

It's tough sledding in NEB for them. Knowing that we may offer a guy late and they'll switch to NU means other kids elsewhere may be a better use of time and less risk to flip. Some years we have 0 D1 players and some maybe 3 or 4 (Max). Lots of opportunity to play is about the only thing I can say positively about KU football...

KU football is rather hopeless. You are kind of cursed when you fire a consistent successful coach and then can't come close to the same results...

GBR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT