ADVERTISEMENT

In honor of Dr.King.....

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
.... and his impact, whether you liked the man or not.... 3 things you might not have known or forgotten.....
1. Graduated from high school at 15.....WHAT????
2. His first encounter/ platform taking him to fame was in large part due to the courage of ANOTHER hero.... Rosa Parks
3. His famous I HAVE A DREAM speech draft ended up immediately in the hands of a young man who himself would later become famous, for a totally different reason...George Raveling, an
Intern that summer, later coach at several D1 schools and shoe companies who simply asked DrKing for the speech and got it.

Have a blessed day

.... and his impact, whether you liked the man or not.... 3 things you might not have known or forgotten.....
1. Graduated from high school at 15.....WHAT????
2. His first encounter/ platform taking him to fame was in large part due to the courage of ANOTHER hero.... Rosa Parks
3. His famous I HAVE A DREAM speech draft ended up immediately in the hands of a young man who himself would later become famous, for a totally different reason...George Raveling, an
Intern that summer, later coach at several D1 schools and shoe companies who simply asked DrKing for the speech and got it.

Have a blessed day

Thanks, Spartan.

I posted the Coach Raveling story (Tim Ferris podcast) in a separate thread before I saw this.

Regards!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT