ADVERTISEMENT

In 4 years did Frost have a win as good as this one?

Indiana's not great overall but they have an offense that can put up some yards and points, regardless. 290 total yards after several weeks of 500-600 yards is borderline miraculous.
If the defense continues to show competence, NU needs production from someone not named Grant, Thompson or Palmer. Vokolek springs to mind.

As far as the level of the opponent? Probably since Indiana isn't very good, but don't know if he had a 4th quarter like this where the game was tied going into the 4th and Nebraska completely dominated the quarter on both sides of the ball. Frost coaching this game and it probably would have been a 3 pt loss.

I thought it was a nice win for a team really close to being 100% flat lined. Very hard to get off the mat like the Huskers did tonight. Also saw a lot that can be built upon. A lot more energy and physicality than what we’ve seen in awhile. I feel better about having a chance in a few more games.

Huskers were not great in the 2nd and 3rd quarter but started out fine and finished even better. The BIG Network reported IU only got 5 yards of offense in the last quarter. Good Job, Mickey.
Defense isn't about just going through the motions. It's a lifestyle. Either it's prioritized, or it isn't.

Busch and Mickey seem to care about it, and it shows in the form of a victory. They all had to have put SO much into it these past two weeks to have this much of a turnaround. Reminds me of Minnesota after losing to us in frost's first season.

As far as the level of the opponent? Probably since Indiana isn't very good, but don't know if he had a 4th quarter like this where the game was tied going into the 4th and Nebraska completely dominated the quarter on both sides of the ball. Frost coaching this game and it probably would have been a 3 pt loss.
It would be close.

I thought it was a nice win for a team really close to being 100% flat lined. Very hard to get off the mat like the Huskers did tonight. Also saw a lot that can be built upon. A lot more energy and physicality than what we’ve seen in awhile. I feel better about having a chance in a few more games.
We got back to Omaha around 3 this morning, so I do want to watch it on the tv. But to echo what you said, I saw energy, physicality, pressure on the QB, guys actually in position to make plays, some really good tackling, some great hits (Luke’s INT), etc.
There’s a lot to take from this game and build on the confidence level!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT