ADVERTISEMENT

In 2018, Kirk Ferentz was the Worst Coach in the Power 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSU and Michigan were in the same division as Nebraska and Iowa. We are talking about crossovers. Of course you’re gonna get screwed on your “welcome to the conference tour”. Any crossover argument needs to start in 2014 with the current setup.

Again, Iowa is in a stretch of tougher crossovers than Nebraska when talking about playing top teams from the East.

“Again, Iowa is in a stretch of tougher crossovers than Nebraska when talking about playing top teams from the East.” I definitely don’t see that. Hell we just played ever top East team last season minus PSU. The past couple years Huskers schedule has been harder then Iowa’s by quite a bit even. So I’m a tad lost on your thoughts there. But outside that, I agree on schedules needing fixed.

Like 2014,2015 and 2024 for Iowa..And you shouldn’t get all 3 of the 4 between Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St and MSU either..
Agreed. NW has had two on the schedule since the East/West inception through 2021. From this season to the end of scheduling, Nebraska plays those teams 13 times to Iowa’s 12. Nebraska has two seasons of playing all three while Iowa plays one. Minnesota the same as Iowa. Heck, Purdue only plays them 9 times. Illinois 12. Wisconsin is the same as Nebraska.

“Again, Iowa is in a stretch of tougher crossovers than Nebraska when talking about playing top teams from the East.” I definitely don’t see that. Hell we just played ever top East team last season minus PSU. The past couple years Huskers schedule has been harder then Iowa’s by quite a bit even. So I’m a tad lost on your thoughts there. But outside that, I agree on schedules needing fixed.
I’ll be back later with more detail but I listed out the seasons above. Feel free to debate while I’m busy.

Reactions: huskerssalts
It’s cute that Iowa fan thinks we “hate Iowa here”, although some probably do dislike everything iowa, I would wager most on here respect Iowa (it’s very similar to Nebraska) and Iowa football for what it is. The problem is iowa fans. A fan base whose majority routinely belittle and denigrate the Iowa state program and fans, using series lead, number of conference championships and bowl game success etc...and rightfully so and then cry and whine when the tables are turned and they are on the receiving end. They cannot stand that we think of them the same way they think of ISU fan. Apples to apples comparison.

You hit the nail right on the head.
You’ll notice they never answer or try to explain why. The Iowa message board fan base is the most intellectually dishonest and hypocritical fan base in the B1G.

You’ll notice they never answer or try to explain why. The Iowa message board fan base is the most intellectually dishonest and hypocritical fan base in the B1G.

Yep, you will get one like I did that tries and deflect it back to someone else. My biggest point in reference...we are a on Husker board. Not the Iowa board. Hmmm ;)

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
See above, just like clock work.
You got banned over there, huh? I mean, you used to post there non stop. Now you like to act superior because you got banned and can't go there? It takes a special kind of guy to get banned on that board..... Hypocrite much?

11 pages long. Ok Iowa fans. This has carried on this long because of you guys. Why are Iowa fans that worried about what Husker fans think on a Husker message board??? Does this not creep into your own heads that maybe...just maybe you guys truly are obsessed about the Huskers and their fans that you come to a Husker board just to see what we think??? And why would it matter what we think to you guys??? And don’t claim it doesn’t because if that was the case...you wouldn’t waist your time or effort...let alone carry it on for 11 pages long.

You guys will NEVER change our opinions on your team...just like we won’t ever change your opinions about our team. Biggest difference here, you don’t see Husker fans living on Iowa chat board dragging out a thread for 11 pages long.
I’m an Iowa fan that will come over from time to time to see what’s happening in Huskerland. Have had some good civil conversations with Husker fans discussing both football and basketball.

Never been a trash talker and believe the internet brings out the worst in some fans. I think this thread was started to goat Iowa fans and you’ll see it happen on Iowa’s board too.

As far as my opinion, I don’t believe any Husker fan truly believes Ferentz was the worst power 5 coach last season. To huskerssalts...11 pages does seem long for a thread intended to incite Hawkeye Nation but only gets 5 fans to bite.

I stopped talking to you brotha for everyone else’s sake. But your taking an obsession with me to the extreme I see. I’ll answer this last one for you. Nope, I’m not banned. I can go over there now and post. I just don’t go to other teams boards and stalk people...like some I know.

I’m an Iowa fan that will come over from time to time to see what’s happening in Huskerland. Have had some good civil conversations with Husker fans discussing both football and basketball.

Never been a trash talker and believe the internet brings out the worst in some fans. I think this thread was started to goat Iowa fans and you’ll see it happen on Iowa’s board too.

As far as my opinion, I don’t believe any Husker fan truly believes Ferentz was the worst power 5 coach last season. To huskerssalts...11 pages does seem long for a thread intended to incite Hawkeye Nation but only gets 5 fans to bite.

Exactly. Ferentz is far from the worst Head Coach in the BIG or power 5. He’s the perfect match for Iowa and he does them solid. Guys like you and SWIowaHawks...I get along with good. Good people.

I stopped talking to you brotha for everyone else’s sake. But your taking an obsession with me to the extreme I see. I’ll answer this last one for you. Nope, I’m not banned. I can go over there now and post. I just don’t go to other teams boards and stalk people...like some I know.
Stalk? Lol. If you weren't such a hypocrite, you could probably avoid some of these conversations .

As always, Im here to talk football with the greatest fans in America. I only talk Iowa with you because it's pretty much all you talk about.
Lol, Just because Iowas only focus is Nebraska doesn't mean that is all we focus on. There are literally over 40+ topics. This is the only one related to Iowa. The only reason this one keeps going is because idiots like you keep coming and trying spot off and prove that somehow Iowa is as good as Nebraska. That your average coach is somehow comparable to top level coaches. Yes we all know Iowa has the last 4 years, we all know Ferentz is good a developing talent, we all know he is good at getting 7-9 wins, move along now.

Last edited:
Lol, Just because Iowas only focus is Nebraska doesn't mean that is all we focus on. There are literally over 40+ topics. This is the only one related to Iowa. The only reason this one keeps going is because idiots like you keep coming and trying spot off and prove that somehow Iowa is as good as Nebraska. Yes we all know Iowa has the last 4 years, move along now.

Funny right...the last time I been on Iowa’s board about a few months ago it had 4-5 Husker topics on it. I think our board is doing quite well compared. Brotha, at least you don’t have your own stalker...Hell I have one literally stalking my every move right now. Lmfao.

Lol, Just because Iowas only focus is Nebraska doesn't mean that is all we focus on. There are literally over 40+ topics. This is the only one related to Iowa. The only reason this one keeps going is because idiots like you keep coming and trying spot off and prove that somehow Iowa is as good as Nebraska. That your average coach is somehow comparable to top level coaches. Yes we all know Iowa has the last 4 years, we all know Ferentz is good a developing talent, we all know he is good and getting 7-9 wins, move along now.
Im sorry you had trouble following along. I was speaking of Huskersalts in particular. The same could be said about you. You are both incredibly obsessed. I'll bet you two have about 60 replies in this thread alone......but ya, no hawkeye obsession from you two. Lol

Reactions: Hawk Writer
Lol, Just because Iowas only focus is Nebraska doesn't mean that is all we focus on. There are literally over 40+ topics. This is the only one related to Iowa. The only reason this one keeps going is because idiots like you keep coming and trying spot off and prove that somehow Iowa is as good as Nebraska. That your average coach is somehow comparable to top level coaches. Yes we all know Iowa has the last 4 years, we all know Ferentz is good a developing talent, we all know he is good and getting 7-9 wins, move along now.

Ok Brotha...I know me and you both are high on Frost and the Huskers this year. Who do you feel is our biggest competition this year to win the West?? Wisconsin would normally be my pick but replacing 3 of their 4 starting LBs and a bunch of other weapons on defense and offense has me thinking different. I’m really starting to think it’s a Minnesota vs Husker for the west title. Minnesota has an extremely favorable schedule. It’s pathetically weak. And we also have a very favorable schedule. If Martinez keeps progressing and the rest of the Huskers...look out.

Reactions: husker2612

All decent honest fans are welcome. Maybe you’d like to take a stab and answer why most hawk fans feel compelled to denigrate the ISU program and fans and get bent out of shape when it happens to them from most husker fans? Iowa fans use the same reasoning against ISU that husker fans use against Iowa.

All decent honest fans are welcome. Maybe you’d like to take a stab and answer why most hawk fans feel compelled to denigrate the ISU program and fans and get bent out of shape when it happens to them from most husker fans? Iowa fans use the same reasoning against ISU that husker fans use against Iowa.

That’s actually a very very good point. I feel bad for ISU clones and how badly they get screwed with and dogged by Hawk fans. Would be nice to see an honest answer and not some type of deflection.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Im sorry you had trouble following along. I was speaking of Huskersalts in particular. The same could be said about you. You are both incredibly obsessed. I'll bet you two have about 60 replies in this thread alone......but ya, no hawkeye obsession from you two. Lol
Dip shit this is our board. You are here.

Funny right...the last time I been on Iowa’s board about a few months ago it had 4-5 Husker topics on it. I think our board is doing quite well compared. Brotha, at least you don’t have your own stalker...Hell I have one literally stalking my every move right now. Lmfao.
You posted on Iowa’s board last month......

Ok Brotha...I know me and you both are high on Frost and the Huskers this year. Who do you feel is our biggest competition this year to win the West?? Wisconsin would normally be my pick but replacing 3 of their 4 starting LBs and a bunch of other weapons on defense and offense has me thinking different. I’m really starting to think it’s a Minnesota vs Husker for the west title. Minnesota has an extremely favorable schedule. It’s pathetically weak. And we also have a very favorable schedule. If Martinez keeps progressing and the rest of the Huskers...look out.
I could be wrong but I agree, I think Wisc has another bad year 6 or 7 wins. I think honestly it will probably be us as the fav, then MN and right in there NW. Iowa is Iowa so yeah they will probably be in the hut. Other than that I don't see any others being close.

I could be wrong but I agree, I think Wisc has another bad year 6 or 7 wins. I think honestly it will probably be us as the fav, then MN and right in there NW. Iowa is Iowa so yeah they will probably be in the hut. Other than that I don't see any others being close.

Just ignore the Iowa lovin’ cockroach. Dude has nothing to add or say. It’s nothing but deflections and attacks...period.

All he does is deflect, deflect and deflect....oh and stalk people on this board. Look, he even gave you simple deflection AGAIN...imagine that...lmfao.

And wow...a single post in a month.
Pointing out irony and hypocrisy is deflection? Guess you're using the same dictionary as scarlet....

What I think is funny is an Iowa fan giving crap to a Husker fan while on the Huskers message for going to Iowa’s board. And dude LIVES on our board and has for while now. You want to talk about hypocritical...at least dude has his Husker name and isn’t pretending to be another teams fan and then proceeds to block his profile to hide his BS. Dude mans the F up...carries his teams name on his handle and then doesn’t hide behind a blocked profile. Weak ass hell.

What I think is funny is an Iowa fan giving crap to a Husker fan while on the Huskers message for going to Iowa’s board. And dude LIVES on our board and has for while now. You want to talk about hypocritical...at least dude has his Husker name and isn’t pretending to be another teams fan and then proceeds to block his profile to hide his BS. Dude mans the F up...carries his teams name on his handle and then doesn’t hide behind a blocked profile. Weak ass hell.
Why would I want a creep like you stalking my profile? Seems pretty smart on my part. You never know what kind of rejects might be looking at that stuff.

Why do you post on the Iowa board so much? I mean, you're there pretty much daily? Do you think that fans on other team's boards are "dipshits"? Do you hate yourself then?
I post on a many different boards. Iowa just happens to most annoying. So lots to respond too. I have no issue with anyone posting on our board. Even you. However I have 20+ posts on Iowa board all of June. You have 20+ post here in 2 days. Then you say we husker fans are obsessed with Iowa. LOL

I post on a many different boards. Iowa just happens to most annoying. So lots to respond too. I have no issue with anyone posting on our board. Even you. However I have 20+ posts on Iowa board all of June. You have 20+ post here in 2 days. Then you say we husker fans are obsessed with Iowa. LOL
No, I said that you and huskerssalts were obsessed because you are. Try to keep up please.

No, I said that you and huskerssalts were obsessed because you are. Try to keep up please.
Didn't you just accuse salt of deflecting? I didn't mention huskersalts at all . So not sure the point of you bring him into the conversation. So back on topic. I was saying how you have posted on here over 20 time in 2 days. Also you have posted more over here than on your own board the month. Then claim we husker fans are obsessed. Why?....
Oh, I remember now. Weren't you the guy pretending to be a Nebraska fan, until everyone smelled out your BS.
So let me get this straight. Nebraska is obsessed with Iowa. Says the guy who creates an account and pretends to be a Nebraska fan and is over here non stop. Got it! Move along kiddo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT