ADVERTISEMENT

In 2018, Kirk Ferentz was the Worst Coach in the Power 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My head hurts after getting caught up on this train wreck thread. It’s pretty sad how people treat each other based on the accomplishments of 18-22 year old kids. It’s almost as sad as seeing parents get in a brawl at their 7 year old girls softball game. Shameful.

I feel your pain, but it's definately worse on the Iowa board. Near impossible to one poster over there willing to give any opposing fan a chance.

My head hurts after getting caught up on this train wreck thread. It’s pretty sad how people treat each other based on the accomplishments of 18-22 year old kids. It’s almost as sad as seeing parents get in a brawl at their 7 year old girls softball game. Shameful.

Then leave and take your dumbass buddies with you. Don't come back. Problem solved.

We don'y get a trophy for beating Purdue. We do however get one for beating Nebraska, although it's been so long since you had it you probably forgot.

*don't
We get national championship trophies for being the best team in the country. We know you don't understand that concept. Congrats on your low-vee trophy and "pig" trophy. The latter is so appropriate for the hogeyes.

*don't
We get national championship trophies for being the best team in the country. We know you don't understand that concept. Congrats on your low-vee trophy and "pig" trophy. The latter is so appropriate for the hogeyes.

His spelling is indicative of the vast wasteland that is inside of his thick skull, a 40 IQ junkyard to be sure.

We don'y get a trophy for beating Purdue. We do however get one for beating Nebraska, although it's been so long since you had it you probably forgot.
I really don't understand this obsession Iowa has over trophy games. Is it because you can't get any other trophies so you all treat these single games as some sort of conf championship or NC? I really don't get it. Never seen a fan base so in love with getting meaningless trophies.

Reactions: F5Tornado
You should go back to the Hawkeye board and cry about it.
Because the same crap happens there. It’s hard to find good, complete conversations because people see a team they aren’t a fan of in a username. Things automatically get defensive. Happens everywhere.

I really don't understand this obsession Iowa has over trophy games. Is it because you can't get any other trophies so you all treat these single games as some sort of conf championship or NC? I really don't get it. Never seen a fan base so in love with getting meaningless trophies.
The only one with a cool history is the Floyd of Rosedale. The others could go away for all I care.

Reactions: husker2612
Right, we actually play some decent teams. And since we joined the BIG 10 we have gotten handed some pretty tough schedules and all the while I’m seeing Iowa get handed cupcake schedules. Then they want to brag about averaging 7-8 wins a year?? It’s like wow, any GOOD team would go 9-3 or 10-2 with those schedules. I honestly can’t wait till Iowa gets the tough schedules and our Huskers get those cupcake ones. Eventually it’s got to even out right??
We had to play Ohio St 5 times they instead got Indiana. That seems like an equal trade off. lol

The only one with a cool history is the Floyd of Rosedale. The others could go away for all I care.

Minnesota also has the Little Brown Jug. Which has even more history than Floyd..

At one time they lost the Bacon Trophy between Wisconsin and Minnesota and they now play for the Paul Bunyan’s axe..

Minnesota has the best trophy games (3) over anyone in the conference..

Reactions: SWIowahawks
You guys barley escaped Scott’s Frost and the Huskers with a true freshman QB in IOWA CITY with a last second field goal. Your offense won’t have anywhere near the same talent and your defense lost a ton. Husker won’t lose this year in Lincoln.

Iowa will be better this year on both sides of the ball 3 or 4 first round draft picks. Oh they will be more than ready to stomp Debbie in Lincoln this year.

Iowa will be better this year on both sides of the ball 3 or 4 first round draft picks. Oh they will be more than ready to stomp Debbie in Lincoln this year.
Save this, mark it down. Neb will win by at least 14. I will happily eat crow if Im wrong. 4 years of frustration are going to come raining down. There will be no mercy, there will be no "save face", the gloves will be off. It could get ugly. Mentally prepare right now. That way you can have your excuses ready to go ahead of time.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
Minnesota also has the Little Brown Jug. Which has even more history than Floyd..

At one time they lost the Bacon Trophy between Wisconsin and Minnesota and they now play for the Paul Bunyan’s axe..

Minnesota has the best trophy games (3) over anyone in the conference..
I meant out of the Iowa trophies. I actually like the story behind the Broken Chair trophy. It happened plutonicly and wasn’t forced like the Hero’s Game.

*don't

LoL, you guys played for national titles decades ago. You guys love your history, because you haven't done anything in so long, you regurgitate stats from days gone by that happened before some of you were even born. You guys winning another will never happen, you just aren't smart enough to figure it out.

18 year old kids don't care what your program did in the stone age. You got a little hype with Frost as your new coach, but that will end quick if you don't win. But you guys keep telling us what is going to happen, even though you say it every year, and have been wrong for a while now

LoL, you guys played for national titles decades ago. You guys love your history, because you haven't done anything in so long, you regurgitate stats from days gone by that happened before some of you were even born. You guys winning another will never happen, you just aren't smart enough to figure it out.

18 year old kids don't care what your program did in the stone age. You got a little hype with Frost as your new coach, but that will end quick if you don't win. But you guys keep telling us what is going to happen, even though you say it every year, and have been wrong for a while now

If you don't like what we say, then get out.

It's pathetic that you try to shit on our history because you have none of your own.

A little hype when Frost was hired? I've literally seen fans from all over the country tell your hawkeye buddies that our hiring of SF was more relevant nationally than anything you've ever done under KF.

Also, we played for a title in 2001 dipshit. How bout iowa? Don't bother to answer.

Last edited:
We had to play Ohio St 5 times they instead got Indiana. That seems like an equal trade off. lol

Since 2011 when Nebraska joined the Big 10 here would be the breakdown of the big 4 out of the East. I understand the disaster that was the legends and leaders impacts these numbers a bit, but overall they are pretty close with the exception of Ohio St.

Nebraska: 19 total (8 H, 11 A)

Ohio St. 6 times (3 home, 3 away)
Michigan 4 (1 H. 3 A)
Penn St. 4 (1 H, 3 A)
MSU 5 (3 H, 2 A)

Iowa: 18 total (9 H, 8 A, 1 N)

Ohio St 2 times (1 H, 1 A)
Michigan 5 (3 H, 2 A)
Penn St. 6 (3 H, 3 A)
MSU 5 (2 H, 2 A 1 Neutral)

Since 2011 when Nebraska joined the Big 10 here would be the breakdown of the big 4 out of the East. I understand the disaster that was the legends and leaders impacts these numbers a bit, but overall they are pretty close with the exception of Ohio St.

Michigan 4 (1 H. 3 A)
Penn St. 4 (1 H, 3 A)
MSU 5 (3 H, 2 A)

Michigan 5 (3 H, 2 A)
Penn St. 6 (3 H, 3 A)

Till this season Iowa has played Indiana 5 times Nebraska only once.

Except for the fact Iowa has had Michigan and Penn St at home 6 times and Nebraska only twice in 8 years... And you don’t count the CCG that isn’t a scheduled game like the rest

I feel your pain, but it's definately worse on the Iowa board. Near impossible to one poster over there willing to give any opposing fan a chance.
Oh I know, it sucks. It’s nice coming here to get some good conversation and perspective from other fan bases. It’s really easy to figure out the posters not interested in talking with a level head and put them on ignore.

It sucks when trying to converse about something totally neutral, but people can’t look past my screen name. I’m a huge sports fan who happens to love the Hawks.

If you don't like what we say, then get out.

It's pathetic that you try to shit on our history because you have none of your own.

A little hype when Frost was hired? I've literally seen fans from all over the country tell your hawkeye buddies that our hiring of SF was more relevant nationally than anything you've ever done under KF.

Also, we played for a title in 2001 dipshit. How bout iowa? Don't bother to answer.

I wouldn't brag too much about that game. You guys didn't deserve to be there in the first place, then you got boat raced. You haven't, and never will sniff that game again.

I'll say this for you guys, you have more excuses than anyone. You were robbed, or if your coach was better, or .....If my aunt had balls, she would have been my uncle. That should be your new slogan "An excuse for everything"

I wouldn't brag too much about that game. You guys didn't deserve to be there in the first place, then you got boat raced. You haven't, and never will sniff that game again.

I'll say this for you guys, you have more excuses than anyone. You were robbed, or if your coach was better, or .....If my aunt had balls, she would have been my uncle. That should be your new slogan "An excuse for everything"
Proof is in the trophy case numnutz. What's liowas s!ogan? "We're average and we know it, we're happy."

Reactions: Sinomatic

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
Oh I know, it sucks. It’s nice coming here to get some good conversation and perspective from other fan bases. It’s really easy to figure out the posters not interested in talking with a level head and put them on ignore.

It sucks when trying to converse about something totally neutral, but people can’t look past my screen name. I’m a huge sports fan who happens to love the Hawks.

More bs. I thought your daddy taught you to "hate everything Nebraska."

If I'm on ignore, why did I get a little " like" from you lately?

Michigan 4 (1 H. 3 A)
Penn St. 4 (1 H, 3 A)
MSU 5 (3 H, 2 A)

Michigan 5 (3 H, 2 A)
Penn St. 6 (3 H, 3 A)
Correct which I why I made the comment Neb got Ohio St, Iowa got Indiana. We have played Indiana once I believe, Iowa 5 times

Correct which I why I made the comment Neb got Ohio St, Iowa got Indiana. We have played Indiana once I believe, Iowa 5 times

Technically Iowa got Penn St..
Moving forward we flipped for Michigan and Herky ended up with Rutgers.o_O

That is right they flipped for who played who for 4 years.:cool:

I go by the context of the individuals post before anything eles. Figure everyone should get a fair shake to start off. You've always been civil as far as I'm concerned

Proof is in the trophy case numnutz. What's liowas s!ogan? "We're average and we know it, we're happy."

That's like bragging about your dad. Look what he did all those years ago. You have nothing to be proud of yourself, so you just keep hanging on to crap that happened before any player on your team was even born.

You guys keep dusting off your VHS tapes and having your circle jerks to the good old days. Speaking of dusting off, you should probably do that to your vaunted trophy case as well.

Is Iowa an elite program? No
Is Nebraska? No

The difference is we know it, and you don't. You still cling to delusions of being back in relevance nationally. Not gonna happen.

I meant out of the Iowa trophies. I actually like the story behind the Broken Chair trophy. It happened plutonicly and wasn’t forced like the Hero’s Game.
Heros game is still better than the freedom trophy (I think that's what it's called?)

That's like bragging about your dad. Look what he did all those years ago. You have nothing to be proud of yourself, so you just keep hanging on to crap that happened before any player on your team was even born.

You guys keep dusting off your VHS tapes and having your circle jerks to the good old days. Speaking of dusting off, you should probably do that to your vaunted trophy case as well.

Is Nebraska? No

The difference is we know it, and you don't. You still cling to delusions of being back in relevance nationally. Not gonna happen.

Don’t have to dust of the VHS YouTube does just fine..

Jealous of our program it shows, because Herky’s have only accomplished winning two Rose Bowl’s and one BCS bowl in their football history..Laughing

Save this, mark it down. Neb will win by at least 14. I will happily eat crow if Im wrong. 4 years of frustration are going to come raining down. There will be no mercy, there will be no "save face", the gloves will be off. It could get ugly. Mentally prepare right now. That way you can have your excuses ready to go ahead of time.

I would gladly wager a lot of money on this. I think it will be a good game and close. winner will be decided late. But Nebraska won’t win by at least 14. Iowa’s defense is going to be very very good. The dline will be better than it was last year and will maul that oline. Nebraska’s defense will be better than last year I’m sure but you have to be better than trash to get halfway to the fans expectation in Lincoln. Iowa’s defense will be better than Nebbys by a lot and nebbys offense will be better than Iowa’s by a pretty decent amount especially when you throw in big play ability that you have with your skill players and your qb who I think is best in the conference. But trenches win in the Big Ten. Iowa will still have that advantage this year. Average olines get exposed against good dlines. Nebby needs to figure that out. I’m sure frost will get there just might take more than one year to get there. I just hope both teams are ranked and both teams are playing for the right to rep the west in the conference title game. And Iowa wins.

Try not to have too much fun ripping this post apart with “Iowa sucks” replys

Reactions: scarletred

Is Nebraska? No

No, the difference is Iowa has stuck with a mediocre coach, nationally speaking.

While Nebraska has shot for the moon, Iowa is still plugging nickles

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT