ADVERTISEMENT

In 2018, Kirk Ferentz was the Worst Coach in the Power 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the last time Iowa played Michigan, Ohio St and Penn St all in the same year was a year before Nebraska joined the B1G and Nebraska has played them all 3 twice and in 2024 they are all 3 on the schedule again, and the B1G has never given Iowa all 3 of these teams in the same year..
I consider MSU, PSU, Michigan, and OSU to be the top four in the East. They are interchangeable in my mind as far as defining a tough crossover schedule.

Iowa has the tougher schedule this season and next as far as crossovers. 2021 Iowa gets the easier crossovers and then it’s back to Nebraska having the easiest in 2022.

2017- @ISU, PSU, @MSU, @Wisconsin, OSU, @NW. 5 ten plus winning teams. 4 other teams with winning records. 8 bowl winning teams. “Pretty easy”? ;)

Heck, Iowa had the easier schedule in 2015 and 2018 in that time frame. Nebraska has the easier schedule in 16, 17, and 19. Easier meaning easier crossovers. The whole notion that Nebraska gets screwed is so overblown and predicated on one team, OSU.
yes, Iowa's crossovers and out of conference are weak most years.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
I consider MSU, PSU, Michigan, and OSU to be the top four in the East. They are interchangeable in my mind as far as defining a tough crossover schedule.

Iowa has the tougher schedule this season and next as far as crossovers. 2021 Iowa gets the easier crossovers and then it’s back to Nebraska having the easiest in 2022.

Fact remains you don’t see Michigan tOSU and Penn St on any of Iowa schedule’s...

2024 is the biggest joke there is:

Nebraska at Michigan, Home Ohio St at Penn St and all back to back.

Iowa at Rutgers, Home Maryland at Indiana..with Illinois between Rutgers and Maryland..

When does Iowa ever get this schedule and Nebraska gets Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana all in the same year..

I rest my case!

Fact remains you don’t see Michigan tOSU and Penn St on any of Iowa schedule’s...

Iowa at Rutgers, Home Maryland at Indiana..with Illinois between Rutgers and Maryland..

When does Iowa ever get this schedule and Nebraska gets Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana all in the same year..

I rest my case!

You’re the blue blood program of the Big Ten West.....never thought you would be looking for a short cut. Those appear to be 3 loses for you tho in 2024.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell

I rest my case!
You rest your case on one season? Interesting. Where does MSU come into play? Next year Iowa has MSU, @OSU, @PSU in a row with the first 3 out of 4 conference games on the road. I don’t disagree that 2024 is laughable, but it’s not at all a regular occurrence.

Heck, NW has more of a gripe than Nebraska. They have played two of the top four teams from the east every year. Haven’t even looked at Minnesota, Illinois, or Purdue.

You’re the blue blood program of the Big Ten West.....never thought you would be looking for a short cut. Those appear to be 3 loses for you tho in 2024.

Not looking for shortcut but Nebraska has had or will have tougher schedules more often than Iowa has since 2011...
Alright tell sw that Penn St is a blue blood and Michigan St isn’t...

So 2024 Iowa won’t have any excuses like last year winning the West division..RollingLaugh

You rest your case on one season? Interesting. Where does MSU come into play? Next year Iowa has MSU, @OSU, @PSU in a row with the first 3 out of 4 conference games on the road. I don’t disagree that 2024 is laughable, but it’s not at all a regular occurrence.

Heck, NW has more of a gripe than Nebraska. They have played two of the top four teams from the east every year. Haven’t even looked at Minnesota, Illinois, or Purdue.

How about the first 2 seasons we came in the conference?...

Nebraska played all FourEek Has Iowa?

Not sure how the scheduling is done and I know it gets hard with protected crossover games. Would be nice to get them more consistent and not so roller coaster ish. Main reason I say division standing should start with your w/l record in your own division. Not conf record because there is such a discrepancy in s hedulez each year

Not looking for shortcut but Nebraska has had or will have tougher schedules more often than Iowa has since 2011...
Alright tell sw that Penn St is a blue blood and Michigan St isn’t...

So 2024 Iowa won’t have any excuses like last year winning the West division

Who cares? You play who you play...... What do you want a cookie?

11 pages long. Ok Iowa fans. This has carried on this long because of you guys. Why are Iowa fans that worried about what Husker fans think on a Husker message board??? Does this not creep into your own heads that maybe...just maybe you guys truly are obsessed about the Huskers and their fans that you come to a Husker board just to see what we think??? And why would it matter what we think to you guys??? And don’t claim it doesn’t because if that was the case...you wouldn’t waist your time or effort...let alone carry it on for 11 pages long.

You guys will NEVER change our opinions on your team...just like we won’t ever change your opinions about our team. Biggest difference here, you don’t see Husker fans living on Iowa chat board dragging out a thread for 11 pages long.

11 pages long. Ok Iowa fans. This has carried on this long because of you guys. Why are Iowa fans that worried about what Husker fans think on a Husker message board??? Does this not creep into your own heads that maybe...just maybe you guys truly are obsessed about the Huskers and their fans that you come to a Husker board just to see what we think??? And why would it matter what we think to you guys??? And don’t claim it doesn’t because if that was the case...you wouldn’t waist your time or effort...let alone carry it on for 11 pages long.
Ironic post of the year? Join the rest of us here in reality sometime. ...

Ironic post of the year? Join the rest of us here in reality sometime. ...

That’s your post and response? You blocking your profile doesn’t help you any brotha...just saying. I seen your name pop up a lot in Iowa v Husker threads and I do remember what you say. Again, your the Iowa fan on the Husker board. Not the other way around.

That’s your post and response? You blocking your profile doesn’t help you any brotha...just saying. I seen your name pop up a lot in Iowa v Husker threads and I do remember what you say. Again, your the Iowa fan on the Husker board. Not the other way around.
Nobody posts more about Iowa than you. It's tough not to notice.

Yes, unfortunately facts are facts. When you are as obsessed as you are, people notice.

You keep trying flip it. This is a Husker board my friend. Why do you care what is Huskers think on our own board? Why does it bother you or any of your Iowa fans that much you live on our board?? I’m not on Iowa’s board or any of my other Husker fans in this thread. Keep deflecting it, keep trying to claim I’m obsessed...but hey, I’m the one on my own teams board.

It’s cute that Iowa fan thinks we “hate Iowa here”, although some probably do dislike everything iowa, I would wager most on here respect Iowa (it’s very similar to Nebraska) and Iowa football for what it is. The problem is iowa fans. A fan base whose majority routinely belittle and denigrate the Iowa state program and fans, using series lead, number of conference championships and bowl game success etc...and rightfully so and then cry and whine when the tables are turned and they are on the receiving end. They cannot stand that we think of them the same way they think of ISU fan. Apples to apples comparison.
You hit the nail right on the head.

You keep trying flip it. This is a Husker board my friend. Why do you care what is Huskers think on our own board? Why does it bother you or any of your Iowa fans that much you live on our board?? I’m not on Iowa’s board or any of my other Husker fans in this thread. Keep deflecting it, keep trying to claim I’m obsessed...but hey, I’m the one on my own teams board.
As always, Im here to talk football with the greatest fans in America. I only talk Iowa with you because it's pretty much all you talk about.

As always, Im here to talk football with the greatest fans in America. I only talk Iowa with you because it's pretty much all you talk about.

What ever you say. That’s your opinion. Your entitled to it. Unlike you, my profile isnt blocked. Have a look. You will see there’s are numbers of posts and responses that have absolutely nothing to do with Iowa. But hey, it’s your opinion of me. Have at it. You can keep playing a Husker fan...at least I own up to my team. Not pretend like you do.

Reactions: scarletred
What ever you say. That’s your opinion. Your entitled to it. Unlike you, my profile isnt blocked. Have a look. You will see there’s are numbers of posts and responses that have absolutely nothing to do with Iowa. But hey, it’s your opinion of me. Have at it. You can keep play a Husker fan...at least I own up to my team. Not pretend like you do.
Self awareness is not a bad thing. You should try some.

Anyone else notice dude has nothing...he has absolutely nothing to say but deflections. Each time when called out, he deflects it with an attack on another person. That in itself says something. Have a good day brotha...

Anyone else notice dude has nothing...he has absolutely nothing to say but deflections. Each time when called out, he deflects it with an attack on another person. That in itself says something. Have a good day brotha...
Sorry I'm not responding how you would like. Take a few deep breaths and you'll probably get through it.

Your deflections aren’t bothering me one bit. Your already proving my point. Anyone who reads these back and forth bs me and you have been loading up on this page will see my point. And for your self awareness comment and me trying it...nah, I’m good brotha. I got nothing to hide. Anyone can check up on me. My fellow Husker fans know how I am and who I am. Been posting On here since Bill Callahan was hired. GBR

Man, I’m fully excited for this coming season. I seen the video Scott Frost did and he’s got this team coming together as one unit. I love that he’s using these team skill builders like he is and everyone training as one big unit. Frost will have these Huskers playing at their best very soon. Future is bright for our Huskers. GBR

Your deflections aren’t bothering me one bit. Your already proving my point. Anyone who reads these back and forth bs me and you have been loading up on this page will see my point. And for you self awareness comment and me trying it...nah, I’m good brotha. I got nothing to hide. Anyone can check up on me. My fellow Husker fans know how I am and who I am. Been posting I since Bill Callahan was hired on here. GBR
I think we finally can agree. I also do not expect self awareness from you and I also agree that eveyone is pretty clear on what bothers you. You pretty much say the same things over and over and over. I'm sorry that the Hawkeyes have gotten to you so bad. Don't blame me for noticing.

I think we finally can agree. I also do not expect self awareness from you and I also agree that eveyone is pretty clear on what bothers you. You pretty much say the same things over and over and over. I'm sorry that the Hawkeyes have gotten to you so bad. Don't blame me for noticing.

What ever you say brotha. I think we waisted enough of this thread with back and forth bs. Huskers and Iowa fans back and forth 11 pages pages long and you seemed to take my comment pretty personal and then deflected it to me. I still stand by my comment and I bet my house ever Husker on this board agrees. Why does it bother Iowa fans what us Huskers think??

Last edited:
Why don’t you two get each other’s phone number and continue this tyrant...jeez Louise..

I just said that myself in my post above. I said we have waist enough of this thread with back and forth BS. And why??? Because I said I don’t get why Iowa fans care about what Husker fans think. Apparently that’s grounds for a personal attack on me. But agree bro...I’ll man up and end the back and forth BS NOW.

Reactions: scarletred

MSU and Michigan were in the same division as Nebraska and Iowa. We are talking about crossovers. Of course you’re gonna get screwed on your “welcome to the conference tour”. Any crossover argument needs to start in 2014 with the current setup.

Again, Iowa is in a stretch of tougher crossovers than Nebraska when talking about playing top teams from the East.

Not sure how the scheduling is done and I know it gets hard with protected crossover games. Would be nice to get them more consistent and not so roller coaster ish. Main reason I say division standing should start with your w/l record in your own division. Not conf record because there is such a discrepancy in s hedulez each year
I agree. But unfortunately there aren’t enough top teams in the east to make it work. I do think it’s ridiculous that a team can miss all four MSU, OSU, Michigan, and PSU in the same season. That should be fixed.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I agree. But unfortunately there aren’t enough top teams in the east to make it work. I do think it’s ridiculous that a team can miss all four MSU, OSU, Michigan, and PSU in the same season. That should be fixed.
I guess what I'm saying is each team in your division plays everyone from their division. That's how your division champ should be chosen. Direct head to head. Then you have your tie breakers.

Like 2014,2015 and 2024 for Iowa..And you shouldn’t get all 3 of the 4 between Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St and MSU either..

They definitely need to fire to BIG scheduling person. If can help one team fly up the rankings and the other (although undefeated keep ranked low because of a weak schedule). The person handling said schedules has definitely screwed the pooch on this subject.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT