ADVERTISEMENT

Imaginary Bo Pelini Book

Quite literally the opposite of Tom Osborne.

yet he was hired by Osborne

prologue could detail the botched coaching hire that ignored all the personality flaws outlined above that had been on display in his short time at Nebraska as DC, his reaction to not getting the job after Solich was fired and his ongoing issues while DC at LSU.

Ignored a lot of personality/behavioral red flags with the hire. Poorly vetted hire by the AD if personality issues were the primary concern.

Last edited:
Here's some nostagia for you

7cZ8ZmU.jpg

Hey, we were on our way back! We only needed a couple dozen more quarters.

So here's a sidebar...conventional wisdom suggests TO's top 3 were Bo, Gill and Jim Grobe (and maybe others never documented). Would the 2007-14 era have looked much different with Turner or Grobe as HC?

I have spent some time rewatching a lot of the Bo Pelini era on YouTube since sports went away. This got me thinking, if someone were to write a book on the Bo Pelini era at Nebraska, what are some must have chapters that the book would need to include?

My votes:
2009 Big 12 Championship game (0:01)
2010 Texas A&M game (Pelini-Martinez sideline incident)
2011 Ohio State game (largest comeback and taped Pelini post-game leak)
In Bo's defense, the biggest story of the 2010 Texas A&M game was the screw job we got from the refs. They weren't even hiding what the BigXII had asked them to do.

In Bo's defense, the biggest story of the 2010 Texas A&M game was the screw job we got from the refs. They weren't even hiding what the BigXII had asked them to do.

You guys don’t give bo enough credit. Gets hosed by refs in 09 and 10, then leaves big 12... totally lose geographic recruiting footprint. “Ahhh dude, bo couldn’t recruit”

ADVERTISEMENT