ADVERTISEMENT

I'm worried about Mel Tucker....

It was mentioned on the radio that Tucker requested to speak to the players this afternoon and was denied. Don't let the four hit ya on the way out I guess.
It was pretty early this morning when I saw Nixon's tweet, so it was probably before Tucker's request....but thanks for the update on that. If true, you're right...don't let the door hit ya.

How many programs would be able to keep their coach of Bama or LSU or Georgia came calling?

Answer: Not many. not many at all.

If one of those big boys come calling, that means Tucker killed it at MSU, which Im fine with.
I mean...MSU is already reverting back to being lame...soooo..

Willie Taggert had a better record than Frost after a year and a half but got fired while Frost got 2 years added on his contract.

Life isn't fair so I'm not gone blame a guy for going to a BETTER program, better conference, better support while doubling his salary and contract???

No brainer....

Reactions: headcard
Mel Tucker, at present, is slated to make $1 million more per season than Ryan Day

Mel Tucker, at present, is slated to make $1 million more per season than Ryan Day
raw

Willie Taggert had a better record than Frost after a year and a half but got fired while Frost got 2 years added on his contract.

Life isn't fair so I'm not gone blame a guy for going to a BETTER program, better conference, better support while doubling his salary and contract???

No brainer....
I think that 1) the tweet from Saturday, reaffirming his commitment to CU, and 2) the fact that he was voicing his commitment to CU at appearances and in media interviews as late as Tuesday afternoon (gave his resignation to CU AD at about 8:45 pm Tuesday night from what I have read) is what people have found to be off-putting....especially when he pretty much implied at his intro in East Lansing that he had his mind made up on Monday morning.

I don't blame people for taking better opportunities, but I think that there is a point at which one should honor a commitment. If Tucker is the coach some people think, Sparty won't be the only opportunity he gets.

Let's be honest....if Frost (or any Husker coach, for that matter) had done this after a season, at this point in the off-season, we'd be pretty bent out of shape over it as well..

I think that 1) the tweet from Saturday, reaffirming his commitment to CU, and 2) the fact that he was voicing his commitment to CU at appearances and in media interviews as late as Tuesday afternoon (gave his resignation to CU AD at about 8:45 pm Tuesday night from what I have read) is what people have found to be off-putting....especially when he pretty much implied at his intro in East Lansing that he had his mind made up on Monday morning.

I don't blame people for taking better opportunities, but I think that there is a point at which one should honor a commitment. If Tucker is the coach some people think, Sparty won't be the only opportunity he gets.

Let's be honest....if Frost (or any Husker coach, for that matter) had done this after a season, at this point in the off-season, we'd be pretty bent out of shape over it as well..

We'd? You are not a Husker fan that I know of.....

We'd? You are not a Husker fan that I know of.....
Ah yes....here we go.

I was born and grew up in the Denver area (most of family still there). Still read the Denver Post online....and, unlike the other Husker fans that showed up on their comment boards during the week of the CU games and acted like jackasses (yes....sorry to say), only to disappear, I still pay attention to what goes on back there.

I have good, long-time friends that are CU fans, and are good fans. I have good, long-time friends that are Husker fans, and are good fans. Both fan bases have their share of morons as well, so no....I'm not into the wholesale trashing of other schools and fan bases. Sorry if that don't past muster with you....but that's really your problem, not mine.

Actually, if I was a Michigan State fan, I would be worried. Dude straight up cheated on CU and left for the hotter girl (albeit with a ton of baggage). Imagine how that would feel if you're a Michigan State fan. Good chance that if he does well at MSU, he's turkey-neckin' around for the next hottie in the south.

Actually, if I was a Michigan State fan, I would be worried. Dude straight up cheated on CU and left for the hotter girl (albeit with a ton of baggage). Imagine how that would feel if you're a Michigan State fan. Good chance that if he does well at MSU, he's turkey-neckin' around for the next hottie in the south.
Money talks

Just Nebraska..
So, not singing Frost's praises 24-7-365, and acknowledging that we have some jackass fans among us is equal to wholesale trashing, huh?

If you think anything I have done is a wholesale trashing of Nebraska, then you're way overly sensitive.

So, not singing Frost's praises 24-7-365, and acknowledging that we have some jackass fans among us is equal to wholesale trashing, huh?

If you think anything I have done is a wholesale trashing of Nebraska, then you're way overly sensitive.
Spending a little too much time defending yourself to be calling other people sensitive

You make

You make good points!

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
I mean...MSU is already reverting back to being lame...soooo..

We needed to improve our recruiting and Tucker will do that. He’s from Cleveland. Midwest connections. Also got the AD to give him a large salary pool for assistants. Every hire is a risk (you guys know this well). Nobody expects him to win right away as dantonios recruiting went downhill last few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT