ADVERTISEMENT

I'm watching David Montgomery destroy the Vikings today.

Doesn't mean anything, any time the Vikings face must win game someone on the opposing team has their career game against them, lmao.
Well they were down several starters on defense. Their linebacker corp and DBs have been decimated with injuries. That said, Montgomery just wouldn't be tackled at times. Good back.

Who will be our {Vikings} new coach?
I think Zimmer just got extended so I doubt he goes. The Vikings radio hosts think the Kubiaks will be gone. It's too bad Zimmer lost Stefanski before. That said, today's loss was all about how depleted the defense has been this year in the back 7 in particular. Their nose tackle opted out I think and they've had injuries at DE besides the linebackers. Just a sh##y year. Oh well. We'll get em next year. Maybe Rodgers will blow out his throwing shoulder doing a TV commercial.

• Haha
Reactions: skunkman
Who will be our {Vikings} new coach?
It makes me sad that we have more years of Zimmer and Cousins. This team has a small window to elevate with the talent on hand, especially as a couple of stars recover. But the coach and QB as just mediocre. Without a star at QB, you have very little chance of being relevant in this league.

It makes me sad that we have more years of Zimmer and Cousins. This team has a small window to elevate with the talent on hand, especially as a couple of stars recover. But the coach and QB as just mediocre. Without a star at QB, you have very little chance of being relevant in this league.

Cousins isnt the problem in Minnesota. Zimmer's 1982 approach to football and the flat out refusal to address the OLine is 100% the problem. Just take the Tampa game as an example, Minnesota is totally killing Tampa the entire first half, but the ignorant philosophy has them losing the game at the half.

Cousins isnt the problem in Minnesota. Zimmer's 1982 approach to football and the flat out refusal to address the OLine is 100% the problem. Just take the Tampa game as an example, Minnesota is totally killing Tampa the entire first half, but the ignorant philosophy has them losing the game at the half.
Cousins is definitely part of the problem. He throws a pretty ball and can make all the throws, but he has a fumbling problem and his movement in the pocket is garbage. There's a reason the Redskins kept him as a franchise and would not give him a contract. But I get it, it is difficult to get one of the top five quarterbacks in the league. The Vikings have drafted well in the last 3 years. They got Pat Elflein who was a Remington award winner but ended up injured a lot and a bust. Reiff is a good player and O'Neill and Bradbury were also good draft picks the last couple of years. Dru Samia is the Vikings version of Farniok. Having a dominant line is rare. The more likely outcome is a line that has good run blocking and semi adequate pass blocking. The size and speed of some of these defensive ends is sick.

Cousins is definitely part of the problem. He throws a pretty ball and can make all the throws, but he has a fumbling problem and his movement in the pocket is garbage. There's a reason the Redskins kept him as a franchise and would not give him a contract. But I get it, it is difficult to get one of the top five quarterbacks in the league. The Vikings have drafted well in the last 3 years. They got Pat Elflein who was a Remington award winner but ended up injured a lot and a bust. Reiff is a good player and O'Neill and Bradbury were also good draft picks the last couple of years. Dru Samia is the Vikings version of Farniok. Having a dominant line is rare. The more likely outcome is a line that has good run blocking and semi adequate pass blocking. The size and speed of some of these defensive ends is sick.

He is absolutely not the problem. The philosophy is run the ball then try and have Cousins bail you out on long passing downs. Nevermind the fact the offensive line is a straight up joke. His numbers are absolutely fantastic the last month even with a straight up garbage line. Im not a huge Cousins fan, but he's played plenty well enough for Minnesota to be a contender for a super bowl. The philosophy is so outdated its comical and the way they go about putting an OLine together is even worse.

He is absolutely not the problem. The philosophy is run the ball then try and have Cousins bail you out on long passing downs. Nevermind the fact the offensive line is a straight up joke. His numbers are absolutely fantastic the last month even with a straight up garbage line. Im not a huge Cousins fan, but he's played plenty well enough for Minnesota to be a contender for a super bowl. The philosophy is so outdated its comical and the way they go about putting an OLine together is even worse.
I don't think you watch any of their games because whenever you need Kirk to make a play, he comes up short nine times out of ten. The NFL is a passing league. Whenever you need to stop the Vikings, you just blitz. He will turtle up and go down at the slightest breeze. It's a bonus when he also fumbles the ball. Vikings fans unanimously want the Kirk cousins era to be over ASAP.

Reactions: Thortulz
I don't think you watch any of their games because whenever you need Kirk to make a play, he comes up short nine times out of ten. The NFL is a passing league. Whenever you need to stop the Vikings, you just blitz. He will turtle up and go down at the slightest breeze. It's a bonus when he also fumbles the ball. Vikings fans unanimously want the Kirk cousins era to be over ASAP.

Obviously you don't watch. Yes, the NFL is a passing league and they have a dumb ass coach living in 1982 trying to run the majority of the time and then throwing the long ball. Minnesota is top 5 in the league in pass yards per attempt. It take a complete idiot to always put his quarterback in long passing situations when the worst part of the team is the OLINE. Zimmer has no business being a head coach in the NFL anymore.

Obviously you don't watch. Yes, the NFL is a passing league and they have a dumb ass coach living in 1982 trying to run the majority of the time and then throwing the long ball. Minnesota is top 5 in the league in pass yards per attempt. It take a complete idiot to always put his quarterback in long passing situations when the worst part of the team is the OLINE. Zimmer has no business being a head coach in the NFL anymore.
Kirk is 7 and 31 against winning teams, Vikings and Redskins starts combined. His numbers are strong, but he is not a good QB. When it matters, he folds up like a pup tent in a hurricane. No one in the NFL would trade for him.

from yesterday

Kirk giving route running tips here

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT