ADVERTISEMENT

I'm proud

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Instead of thinking that OSU stumbled, I think that we played a pretty good game. This is a talented OSU team. However, we didn't play mistake free and in the end that cost us. OSU had their own problems with mistakes (penalties/turnovers).

Today, we played competitively. Amart is a true freshman. Speeeeelman is a sophomore. Space Cowboy is a true freshman as well. All the new recruits will buy in from the get go. The future looks bright to me.

Very proud

Instead of thinking that OSU stumbled, I think that we played a pretty good game. This is a talented OSU team. However, we didn't play mistake free and in the end that cost us. OSU had their own problems with mistakes (penalties/turnovers).

Today, we played competitively. Amart is a true freshman. Speeeeelman is a sophomore. Space Cowboy is a true freshman as well. All the new recruits will buy in from the get go. The future looks bright to me.

Very proud

Thats a great post. I agree 100 percent. Future is bright. If Chin can get some guys who are even 2nd team Big 10 look out!

I had the Huskers winning this game, so I am not as happy as everyone else apparently. We did to Ohio State what Minnesota and Indiana did. Then OSU was further exposed against Purdue. OSU has not beat a team with a winning record. That is not a good OSU team and this was the year to exploit it. They had the turnovers and penalties to open up the door. :mad:

It’s a very very weird feeling to be pissed off, disappointed, encouraged and hopeful all at the same time. Great effort by the guys. Have to keep working and the wins will come. It just sucks right now.
I've felt this way since sitting in the rain waiting for Akron.

Very proud

Everytime I see those three listed (and they are super), I also add Jaimes and Stoll as well...those two are Sophs playing just as well as the three listed. Farniok and Wilson as Sophs just a little back from those 5 but still encouraging as well!

Reactions: bigboxes
I had the Huskers winning this game, so I am not as happy as everyone else apparently. We did to Ohio State what Minnesota and Indiana did. Then OSU was further exposed against Purdue. OSU has not beat a team with a winning record. That is not a good OSU team and this was the year to exploit it. They had the turnovers and penalties to open up the door. :mad:

Our mistakes were damn near eqial to theirs. Neither team was clean today..

Reactions: ssmill777
a couple big mistakes really cost us, but still had a chance. at least i feel like i can see what this team could become.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yes, you very well be quite right. We made several bad mistakes and still almost won. Vs OSU.....and on the road.

It's about 500,000 times better than the last couple of years when we played them.

It’s better to be where we are now than the last two years. No doubt. But it hurts a lot more knowing how close we are.

It’s a very very weird feeling to be pissed off, disappointed, encouraged and hopeful all at the same time. Great effort by the guys. Have to keep working and the wins will come. It just sucks right now.
POST OF THE SEASON!!!!!

Reactions: Baxter48

Very proud

You start to look out to next year's depth chart, and we have our work cut out for us.

Need a solid replacement for Stanley, and more speed at WR
Need a solid replacement for OZ
Losing 2 good interior OL (and our center)

DL is probably a push next year, unless some guys really step-up and develop
Freshman ILB have a chance to play right away (not ideal)
Should be better at OLB (Domann has potential)
Who is going to be a pure pass rusher? Who can get off blocks up-front?
Secondary should be much improved (similar to the OL jump in-season?)

I just hope Frost is smart enough to see a 3-5 year development plan and a good enough recruiter to get it done. GBR

You start to look out to next year's depth chart, and we have our work cut out for us.

Need a solid replacement for Stanley, and more speed at WR
Need a solid replacement for OZ
Losing 2 good interior OL (and our center)

DL is probably a push next year, unless some guys really step-up and develop
Freshman ILB have a chance to play right away (not ideal)
Should be better at OLB (Domann has potential)
Who is going to be a pure pass rusher? Who can get off blocks up-front?
Secondary should be much improved (similar to the OL jump in-season?)

I just hope Frost is smart enough to see a 3-5 year development plan and a good enough recruiter to get it done. GBR
Agree, but I will say another off season of conditioning and we will see more transformation in the players, eventually we will have lineman in waiting for there turn to step in without missing a beat.

I don't think anyone has to worry about Frost and Co. seeing we need 3-5 years. Some people on this board can't see past 3-5 games or even 3-5 quarters.

Reactions: tpmcg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT