ADVERTISEMENT

I'm glad LSU won but

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
I think if they played ten games against each other, each would win five. Or four to six.

I agree. Clemson has a couple weeks to put something together to confuse LSU. Once LSU figured it out, it was a blowout. I think if they played 10 times, Clemson would win once. Maybe.

Clemson had their chance last night twice they had them inside the 5 yard line from the start and they Only scored once...

Put the shoe on the other foot and LSU would have hung half a 100 in the first half..

Reactions: timnsun
Maybe if clemson kept giving the ball to their best player they'd have a chance. Instead, after they scored early in the third quarter, he got 1 more carry.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Dabo is a good coach. And Clemson was up by double digits at one point.
And by halftime they were losing, and at the end they lost by nearly double the amount they were leading by...

Next to are you going to tell us that Houston would go 5-5 against KC if they played 10 times? Houston was up by 24 at one point...

True but Clemson beat them and Young had one tackle and zero sacks. It was like he wasn’t there at all.
Yeah this Clemson team was plenty good... it just so happened they ran into one of the greatest teams and quarterback of all time for the national championship

Yeah this Clemson team was plenty good... it just so happened they ran into one of the greatest teams and quarterback of all time for the national championship

Great point. Clemson had won 29 straight games and is a step above everyone but LSU.

That game was pretty much over at half.. LSU punched clemson in the mouth and they couldnt get the mo back.. losing 47 on defense didnt help them at all but giving up over 600 + yards and 42 pts..not good. Lsu basically took there foot off there throat in the 4th to chew clock as well.. they could have named that score after the first qt.. that LSU team will go down in history as one of the 2 best teams ever.... 2nd to our 95 huskers imho

Reactions: bigboxes
Clemson had the ball down 3 in the third quarter so I assure you the game was not over at halftime.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
I think if they played ten games against each other, each would win five. Or four to six.
NO way. LSU was and is he best team in 2019. They seemed to get better every week. I would rank the team that played yesterday among the best in CFB history, especially offensively. That offense was unstoppable.

Clemson had the ball down 3 in the third quarter so I assure you the game was not over at halftime.
Go back and listen to Dabos interview at halftime.. that told me everything i needed to hear that the game was over then...like i said imo

Clemson couldn't stop Burrow. It was over.

Technically, you're right. Clemson had a chance. They just weren't going to win the game. LSU was better in both halves. Just multiply the first half times two.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
We must not have been watching the same thing because I thought once LSU figures out what Clemson was trying to do on both offense and defense it was all LSU. Clemson is a great team, and they will be back again next year. But LSU was clearly the better team last night.

clemson losing one of their defensive players was big. I think I watched the ohio state game and he was all over the feild.
they still would have lost though

We must not have been watching the same thing because I thought once LSU figures out what Clemson was trying to do on both offense and defense it was all LSU. Clemson is a great team, and they will be back again next year. But LSU was clearly the better team last night.

"Last night". You said it. I am in no way a Clemson fan. But perhaps the guys on this board forget how good Justin Ross (WR) was last year and other good young players for Clemson. A team that dominated Bama. Yes. Clemson lost 3 first round picks on the d-line from last year. But Dabo is a damn good coach.

Make no mistake about it though. I am a huge Joe Burrow fan.

wQWCC6E.jpg

"Last night". You said it. I am in no way a Clemson fan. But perhaps the guys on this board forget how good Justin Ross (WR) was last year and other good young players for Clemson. A team that dominated Bama. Yes. Clemson lost 3 first round picks on the d-line from last year. But Dabo is a damn good coach.

Make no mistake about it though. I am a huge Joe Burrow fan.
No one is saying Dabo isn’t a good coach. He obviously is one of the best out there right now. Playoffs 4 or 5 years in a row? You don’t do that if you aren’t a great coach. But no matter how good a coach he is, his TEAM wasn’t as good as LSU’s team this year. It’s as simple as that.

Tom Osborne was a damn good coach as well but up until 93 he kept losing to teams with superior talent. It wasn’t until Tom matched that talent with speed that he beat those teams.

Clemson’s team was filled with talent. LSU’s was filled with more talent.

Reactions: scarletred
No one is saying Dabo isn’t a good coach. He obviously is one of the best out there right now. Playoffs 4 or 5 years in a row? You don’t do that if you aren’t a great coach. But no matter how good a coach he is, his TEAM wasn’t as good as LSU’s team this year. It’s as simple as that.

Tom Osborne was a damn good coach as well but up until 93 he kept losing to teams with superior talent. It wasn’t until Tom matched that talent with speed that he beat those teams.

Clemson’s team was filled with talent. LSU’s was filled with more talent.

LSU doesn't have more talent than Clemson. They had Burrow who was putting the ball exactly where it needed to be against a small secondary that did a good job in coverage. Any other QB in there and Clemson probably wins.

LSU doesn't have more talent than Clemson. They had Burrow who was putting the ball exactly where it needed to be against a small secondary that did a good job in coverage. Any other QB in there and Clemson probably wins.
Fair enough. You’ll be hard pressed to convince me that Clemson would win half of them if they played 10 times... Clemson may have more talent, but I don’t think it’s that much more, and the way JB played this year, I don’t see Clemson stopping that LSU offense. Even with less overall talent.

When people say the knew what would happen, I wonder why they didnt bet thousands of dollars. The answer is obvious. You didn't know what would happen.
Well if you are referrimg to me i can assure you I did quite well betting that game but thanks

I would give Clemson 2.5/10 wins. LSU played about as tight and poorly as they could for the first 10 minutes. After they adjusted the game was over everywhere but the scoreboard.

I am VERY happy that Clemson won vs tOSU but I think the Buckeyes would win maybe 4/10 vs LSU and 7/10 vs Clemson. Better D-Line and significantly better secondary than Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT