ADVERTISEMENT

"I'm a quintessential Average Joe when it comes to football knowledge"

Huskers_Rule

All-American
Jul 11, 2001
This quote is from Sipple at the LJS referring to himself and one reason I like him, not every column but that's to be expected. On the opposite side you have Sam at the OWH who is a Average Joe pretending to be a lot more, I'm not a fan.

This quote is from Sipple at the LJS referring to himself and one reason I like him, not every column but that's to be expected. On the opposite side you have Sam at the OWH who is a Average Joe pretending to be a lot more, I'm not a fan.

I think the OWH is lucky to have Sam. Much like I think Sipple is lucky to have the LJS.

Sipple is a better politician than Sam. But I don't like reading politicians.

Siphole was in Sharp and Benning and he was talking about how he misses the second half of the Super Bowl every year to go out to eat because there is nobody out. He's a sports journalist that isn't interested in the Super Bowl. And he doesn't specialize in tennis or bowling or European soccer. He writes columns about football. Amazing.

And just because he is able to speak now because his mouth isn't full of Pelinis knob, doesn't mean we should celebrate by putting him on the radio.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I think Sipple is hilarious when he takes over for Sharpe. I think he comes off as a very likeable guy.

Reactions: balsy

I once listened to Sipple try to defend against installing a playoff format in college football. His argument wasn't even internally consistent. I took everything he said from that point on, at least as it depended on his analysis of the situation, with a grain of salt.

Also, consider me skeptical that he take himself to be an average joe when he attaches the word quintessential in front of it as a qualifier.

If I am a day to day sports journalist who covers NU FB, I don't make make the admission that I know about as much of the sport as the average person, much less the average reader. Sam may come off as knowing more than he really does, but at least he attempts to have a take. I do read both of them, however.

Sipple always makes the easy argument. There were never any tough questions for Bo because Bo was a jerk. He's a lap dog and really only cares about his next meal; he just hasn't ever had to hunt for a meal.

I love how passionate and angry you guys get about sports reporters. You're already on here half the day posting about football, maybe you should get a job at a paper and do it better.
Well maybe YOU should get a job as an interwebs poster on a chat board, telling people they have no right to have an opinion! Oh wait... nevermind... everybody carry on.

I once listened to Sipple try to defend against installing a playoff format in college football. His argument wasn't even internally consistent. I took everything he said from that point on, at least as it depended on his analysis of the situation, with a grain of salt.

Also, consider me skeptical that he take himself to be an average joe when he attaches the word quintessential in front of it as a qualifier.
Did his opinion start with "ohhhhh I don't know, I've never really thought about that. What do you guys think? Whatever you guys think is probably right... or maybe it's not.

I love how passionate and angry you guys get about sports reporters. You're already on here half the day posting about football, maybe you should get a job at a paper and do it better.
Yep, everyone's a critic, right? Count me as one of the guys who enjoys listening to Sip.

What I've found is that the best usually make what they are doing look so easy, especially pro baseball players playing long toss. It looks like their is no effort behind the throw, and yet the ball just seems to defy gravity. I'm in awe of them outfielders who can throw ropes to the plate from deep in the outfield.

I just find Sipple entertaining. Probably won't go to him to figure out how to split the atom though.

I think the OWH is lucky to have Sam. Much like I think Sipple is lucky to have the LJS.

I recall sam used to love to trash the Huskers and Husker fans and now he makes a living off the same. I can say a lot about that and none of it is positive for sam.

Sipple had his 'Super 6' NU recruits and didn't even have Lamar Jackson on it. About all you need to know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT