ADVERTISEMENT

I'm a hater-NBA Draft

bob5150

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 30, 2004
So was it worth declaring after the true frosh season for McGowens to go in the 2nd round? Real question, because I hate that he left to get drafted where he did.
J. Patron from Craigton got tooked end of 1st, now he's in Israel playing ball. Prolly still making a nice living, but perhaps not to the, "never has to work again" level.
What kind of money will McGowens get? For those of you who have a better handle on the business end of the NBA, do you feel the early 2nd round selection was worth only one season? As an early 2nd round guy, are you still able to bag professional fashion models, or just basic strippers? Thoughts? TIA

So was it worth declaring after the true frosh season for McGowens to go in the 2nd round? Real question, because I hate that he left to get drafted where he did.
J. Patron from Craigton got tooked end of 1st, now he's in Israel playing ball. Prolly still making a nice living, but perhaps not to the, "never has to work again" level.
What kind of money will McGowens get? For those of you who have a better handle on the business end of the NBA, do you feel the early 2nd round selection was worth only one season? As an early 2nd round guy, are you still able to bag professional fashion models, or just basic strippers? Thoughts? TIA
A little early to start boozing today eh?

It's more than hes getting at Nebraska

sounds like he's going to be signed to a two way contract, which pays him half the league minimum. Not big money at all.
Relatively speaking you are obviously correct , but most of us could squeeze by on half of the leagues one million dollar minimum salary if we had to. I personally don't fault the kid. You're a knee injury away from " Can I super size that for you " ?

Relatively speaking you are obviously correct , but most of us could squeeze by on half of the leagues one million dollar minimum salary if we had to. I personally don't fault the kid. You're a knee injury away from " Can I super size that for you " ?

Sure, but if he came back for another year and got into the lottery, he's looking at a guaranteed contract of several million dollars. On a two way contract, none of the money is guaranteed and you can be cut at any time. Looking at the 15th overall pick from last year, he's guaranteed just under 7 million dollars for his first two seasons.

I posted in other thread, based on what other 2nd rounders have gotten over the last several years. He is going to get a 2 year guaranteed, probably with a team option for the 3rd, and it will be north of the minimum. If he doesn't get that, he needs to fire his agent. Also, Patton is in Isreal, because he was immature and not at all mentaly prepared to do what it takes to make it and stick in the NBA. Many years later, he still isn't. Plus, he had some bad luck with the broken foot as a rookie, but that isn't the main reason he is not going to play in the NBA anytime soon.

Here's what the guys from last year got in his range. Jones was 35th pick, Edwards was 44th.
  1. New Orleans Pelicans: Herb Jones, F, Alabama: Signed
    • Three-year, $5.32MM contract. First two years guaranteed.
  2. New York Knicks: Miles McBride, G, West Virginia: Signed
    • Three-year, minimum-salary contract. First two years guaranteed.
  3. Charlotte Hornets: JT Thor, F, Auburn: Signed
    • Four-year, $6.64MM contract. First two years guaranteed.
  4. Chicago Bulls: Ayo Dosunmu, G, Illinois: Signed
    • Two-year, minimum-salary contract. Fully guaranteed.
  5. Sacramento Kings: Neemias Queta, C, Utah State: Signed
    • Two-way contract.
  6. Utah Jazz: Jared Butler, G, Baylor: Signed
    • Two-year, minimum-salary contract. Fully guaranteed.
  7. San Antonio Spurs: Joe Wieskamp, F, Iowa: Signed
    • Two-way contract.
  8. Detroit Pistons: Isaiah Livers, F, Michigan: Signed
    • Three-year, $4.46MM contract. First two years guaranteed.
  9. Portland Trail Blazers: Greg Brown, F, Texas: Signed
    • Three-year, minimum-salary contract. First two years guaranteed.
  10. Brooklyn Nets: Kessler Edwards, F, Pepperdine: Signed
    • Two-way contract.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT