ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois visit list....

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
The accumulative talent of this years visits is incredible. Wow.
I was saying WOW,wow,wow, in my head and then saw yours; lol. Yes it is incredible. We could pop four more commits before long; and some will fret how few spots we will have left ( ok, maybe me too, depending, just a little :).GBR

Emmanuel Greene would be a very nice get for those of us who wanted Tyjon Lindsay so badly. Both are undersized but extremely quick. I'm sure he would play a ton for Scott Frost at UCF if they can keep him.

Lewis is still a long shot but it's nice to get him back on campus.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Emmanuel Greene would be a very nice get for those of us who wanted Tyjon Lindsay so badly. Both are undersized but extremely quick. I'm sure he would play a ton for Scott Frost at UCF if they can keep him.

What makes you think Lewis is a long shot?

Reactions: blackbones

Lewis isn't a longshot and has been trending NU for awhile.

The way I see the Lewis situation is he has been here multiple times and most often on his own dime... Not sure you keep going to a place if you aren't serious about it. Not saying we get him in the end but I think we are definitely in the running for him.

Reactions: blackbones

https://nebraska.rivals.com/visits

Emmanuel Greene *** WR 5.7 5'9" 170 9/30/16 (UCF)
Isaiah Hodgins WR **** 5.8 6'3" 187 9/30/16
Chevin Calloway **** CB 5.9 5'10" 180 9/30/16 (Iowa)
Joseph Lewis ***** WR 6.1 6'2" 197 9/30/16
Jaylon Johnson **** CB 6 6'0" 170 9/30/16
Brenden Jaimes *** OT 5.7 6'6" 260 9/30/16 (Nebraska)
Rahyme Johnson **** OLB 5.8 6'4" 196 9/30/16
Isaiah Hodgins‏@IsaiahHodgins Sep 13

Official visit set for Nebraska on Oct. 1st Vs Illinois...
1f33d.png
1f534.png
26aa.png
#GBRpic.twitter.com/cHoRLKco40

CsRzt0eUsAA1Pdu.jpg

https://nebraska.rivals.com/visits

Emmanuel Greene *** WR 5.7 5'9" 170 9/30/16 (UCF)
Isaiah Hodgins WR **** 5.8 6'3" 187 9/30/16
Chevin Calloway **** CB 5.9 5'10" 180 9/30/16 (Iowa)
Joseph Lewis ***** WR 6.1 6'2" 197 9/30/16
Jaylon Johnson **** CB 6 6'0" 170 9/30/16
Brenden Jaimes *** OT 5.7 6'6" 260 9/30/16 (Nebraska)
Rahyme Johnson **** OLB 5.8 6'4" 196 9/30/16
R.Johnson #16Verified account ‏@rahyme_johnson 2h2 hours ago

Official Visit for Nebraska set! See you this weekend #HuskerNation !!!!!! #GBR
1f33d.png
2620.png
pic.twitter.com/y2VkjIxZyl

CtYikHEUkAAg8Bm.jpg

I hope they are pitching playing time to Lewis because we are going to need some depth at WR when Westy, Reilly, Alonzo all graduate this year especially with the new offense we will be running without Tommy at QB. Lewis could become a key player for the Huskers next season if we land him!

Doesn't look like the recent 'incident" is disrupting our recruit turnout. In fact, I think it will help. The team and the coach are supportive of MRI = good environment for these young athletes.

Most of our top targets are black. They probably have a different perspective on the incident than a bunch of mostly older white folks on a message board or newspaper editorial.

Most of our top targets are black. They probably have a different perspective on the incident than a bunch of mostly older white folks on a message board or newspaper editorial.
I think the idea is that the comments by Hal Daub and to a lesser extent Pete Ricketts are going to make black players feel unwelcome. I don't think that will have that big of an impact, if any. Why would they care about comments by a couple of politicians they've never heard of? They care about the coaches and the university and those two have been very supportive.

I think the idea is that the comments by Hal Daub and to a lesser extent Pete Ricketts are going to make black players feel unwelcome. I don't think that will have that big of an impact, if any. Why would they care about comments by a couple of politicians they've never heard of? They care about the coaches and the university and those two have been very supportive.

Good point, but I share your optimism. Kids are going to love the program, even if a few blowhards chime in from time to time.

Doesn't look like the recent 'incident" is disrupting our recruit turnout. In fact, I think it will help. The team and the coach are supportive of MRI = good environment for these young athletes.

I like this response

<a href="">September 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: jeans15 and HuskerO
Good point, but I share your optimism. Kids are going to love the program, even if a few blowhards chime in from time to time.

I know that many of our fellow Nebraskans (and probably some trolls from other teams posing as Nebraska fans) have done a marvelous job of making us look like knuckle dragging troglodytes; but the truth is that these kids encounter these same attitudes in California, Texas, Florida and any other state you can name. They aren't naive as to the reality that we aren't yet where we need to be in regards to race. What they have seen is that the University, their potential future teammates and the majority of the fans will have their back. The way the administration and Riley have handled this might well have turned this potential disaster into a plus.

Reactions: timnsun
I know that many of our fellow Nebraskans (and probably some trolls from other teams posing as Nebraska fans) have done a marvelous job of making us look like knuckle dragging troglodytes; but the truth is that these kids encounter these same attitudes in California, Texas, Florida and any other state you can name. They aren't naive as to the reality that we aren't yet where we need to be in regards to race. What they have seen is that the University, their potential future teammates and the majority of the fans will have their back. The way the administration and Riley have handled this might well have turned this potential disaster into a plus.

Agree, I was going to make this same point. From their POV, this is going to happen a bunch of places if not everywhere, NU is still at the top of the heap for opportunity and support for these young men.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT