ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois is better than expected

They were a little better than expected but not enough that it should shock anyone. They manhandled a good Kansas team . No panic from me, reality came earlier than I liked.

We all knew reality was gonna happen when we go to OSU. I just hoped it could wait till then, guess not 😕

Reactions: dinglefritz
This is the best team we have faced thus far. It's not time to hit the panic button yet.

They were better than I expected. Not 100% sure what that means yet. Need to see how they react the next 2 games. Come angry and execute against Purdue, then play well against a tough Rutgers team and I’ll begin to believe. Right now I think we can still win 8/9 games, but my belief that they can has been shaken.

We’ll see how good Illinois is, we’ll see how good we are. I think we’re both ok, but definitely not the upper class of the B1G. Hope they (the Huskers, dgaf about illinoids) prove me wrong.

Reactions: cornwoman
I know one thing… soon as the fookin portal opens in December we need to reach out to the top 3 kickers that have entered

This is the best team we have faced thus far. It's not time to hit the panic button yet.
Agree. They’re a top 25 team and I think they end the year ranked.

I think we can too, if we clean some things up. Overall that was a pretty even game but we choked in the 4th and OT.

Had a lot of chances to win. Very disappointing game but if we learn from it and keep improving I think we still win 8 for a good season, or 9 for a great season, & have a lot of momentum into 2025.

Yes, they are a solid, well coached team. Shouldn’t have surprised anyone. But the greater Husker population thought it was an easy W, hence the massive overreactions to the L.

I know one thing… soon as the fookin portal opens in December we need to reach out to the top 3 kickers that have entered
Money I Cant Believe It GIF by PUSHER

The season isn’t over. Just sucked seeing the same garbage that’s kept us from winning close games rear its head
That's true. Most of us feel the same way. But one thing that keeps pervading around this program is all of the anger, angst and anxiety from the past. Everyone hears it, sees it and feels it in the stadium whenever the game is close and something goes wrong. Losing is contagious. These players feel the pressure and a lot of them lack the confidence to overcome it. It's human nature.

That said. I'm with you. The season is not over. A road win in the Big 10 should heel all wounds and get us back on track.

Reactions: dinglefritz and c3o
That said. I'm with you. The season is not over. A road win in the Big 10 should heel all wounds and get us back on track.

Against Purdue? That's a lot of wounds to heal with a win we're supposed to get. I think it'll take a little more than that.

Against Purdue? That's a lot of wounds to heal with a win we're supposed to get. I think it'll take a little more than that.
We're something like 7-24 on the road over the past eight seasons or so. We're about .500 at Purdue. I think the team has taken them lightly in the past. At some point, the team (and the fans) should get to the reality that we should not take anybody lightly.

We're something like 7-24 on the road over the past eight seasons or so. We're about .500 at Purdue. I think the team has taken them lightly in the past. At some point, the team (and the fans) should get to the reality that we should not take anybody lightly.
Agreed, that’s why I’ve keep preaching one game at a time, just because we Dylan Riola at QB doesn’t mean we’re the next thing since slice bread..Maybe the team thought this would be a easy game because of last years 24-7 win in champaign…

Agreed, that’s why I’ve keep preaching one game at a time, just because we Dylan Riola at QB doesn’t mean we’re the next thing since slice bread..Maybe the team thought this would be a easy game because of last years 24-7 win in champaign…
I expect NU to go on the road and beat Purdue, even though road Big 1o wins have been elusive.
I expect NU to get beat at home by Rutgers.

NU is a team that is beginning to look as though they will perform based on the "style matchup" of whatever team we're playing.

Finesse teams? NU will have a chance to do well.
Power teams? We may get our ass handed to us a few more times.

Reactions: dinglefritz
They were a little better than expected but not enough that it should shock anyone. They manhandled a good Kansas team . No panic from me, reality came earlier than I liked.
Actually the other way around. KU was better/more physical than Illinois all night long. Their QB (Daniel’s) had a horrible game.

Remember a few days ago when some were talking about if Franklin went to FLA, would Penn St try to poach Rhule?
LOlololoolol

No one is gonna try to poach Rhule or White or any fvcker coaching this team

• Haha
Reactions: MargotDeeper
Illinois was definitely better than we thought they’d be preseason. Looking at their schedule, they could certainly finish 8-4, maybe even 9-3. We may look back at the end of the year and conclude that this wasn’t a bad loss. Instead, it will be a missed opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT