ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois expert shocked if they don't score at least 40 points against Nebraska

I tell you what I don't want to see is DEs crashing down on the fake to the running back into the line only to see the sweep go rolling off the edge. We were better at that last year, but I saw enough of DEs failing to contain over the Riley and early Frost years to leave me literally sick to my stomach -- too often it seemed on 3rd down to extend drives. if we contain instead of being sucked inside to either force the runner up inside or to go deeper to get around the end, we will have a good day, IMO.
DE's are contain in 3-man front? Just asking...

The year where we got trounced by CU and then backdoored our way into the BCS championship game (the only reason the Big 10 champ didn't play in the Rose Bowl that year)? The game where Miami's HC decided to take it easy on us in the 2nd half to save us from the embarrassment of being beaten by 50+?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?
That the last time Illinois won the Big Ten title they didn’t get to play in the Rose Bowl.

There's nothing misleading about it. It's a fact that Nebraska hasn't won a championship of any kind this century and Illinois has (in 2001). Illinois also came into Lincoln last year and beat NU by 18 points. Anyone who expects (not just hopes) that NU will win by double digits this year is simply hitting the kool-aid extra hard.

What exactly have we seen from this team during Frost's tenure that'd make anyone think we're going to suddenly come out this year with a competent, consistent football team?

The ugly truth is that I've not seen anything that gives me hope.
Another verifiable fact that you want to ignore by clever wording - “we backed into it”. This century we played for a national championship. This is a fact. No matter how you want to play around with it, it still remains a fact.

Can Illinois say this?

Given the choice, would you rather claim to be a conference champion or say you played in a national championship game? I, and most intelligent people, know which feat is more impressive.

The year where we got trounced by CU and then backdoored our way into the BCS championship game (the only reason the Big 10 champ didn't play in the Rose Bowl that year)? The game where Miami's HC decided to take it easy on us in the 2nd half to save us from the embarrassment of being beaten by 50+?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

The Big 10 champ didn’t play in the Rose bowl for two straight years.

2002 Miami and Nebraska and 2003 Washington State and Oklahoma and they also didn’t play in it in the 2006 game because USC played texass for the national title..

ADVERTISEMENT