ADVERTISEMENT

I'll say it...

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
...I would not be unhappy with a one time juco haul if necessary.......But I do have great trust in our coaches!

Reactions: jeans15
Its looong past due. We should have been killing the JCs the last 7 years.

Need players with that kind of attitude. Juco is not for the average college athlete.

Need players with that kind of attitude. Juco is not for the average college athlete.

Dejon Gomes
Damion Stafford
Lavonte David
Randy Gregory
Mohammad Seisay

That's 5 NFL guys right there.

And Current starters, Chongo and Byerson. I would say they did alright.

Reactions: BeardedWhale
I agree Red Sea...but I think it would THICKEN US UP a bit to have some older more proven guys to mix with our young but inexperienced future!

Reactions: RedSea
I agree Red Sea...but I think it would THICKEN US UP a bit to have some older more proven guys to mix with our young but inexperienced future!
Easy fix would be to start recruiting the same guys BYU is after. A few 25 year old Mormons might be just the ticket.

Western Iowa and even like a Grandview or Morningside are close enough to keep an eye on. I would be sending nonqualifiers to WICC.

Agree. Especially with Iowa Western right up the road. They put out a lot talented players.

They have been hitting JUCOs fairly hard. They have one LB already as mentioned. I know they've offered a couple of the top JUCO offensive tackles (but are not going to get them). They also offered a JUCO CB a while ago and everyone wondered why we'd be after more CBs when we had the players we had. Now after a couple of games we know why.
Everyone wants JUCO DL, and we've seen how hard it is to get those guys. And that's what we need (DE's in particular). Wouldn't be surprised if a few more come up on the radar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT