If you think Philly is a good place, please move there

Laner2

Defensive Coordinator
Dec 27, 2007
The Hurtling Moons of Barsoom
Your plan is a Leftie's wishlist of government spending. Under the guise of covid the USG has spent seven trillion dollars in the last few years after taking God knows how long to spend that much. How about what I said, which is proven to work, is simpler and costs less:

Cut spending

Cut taxes

Secure the borders.

Laner2

Defensive Coordinator
Dec 27, 2007
See page five. https://fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts0522.pdf

Spending for this FY is projected to $ 5.7 trillion. As compared to $6.8 trillion for FY21. Pull your head out of your ass.
Did you really think no one would look deeper?

2019>>>>>>>Four Trillion

2018>>>>>>3.8 Trillion

Nice cherry picking during covid years to show a decrease now. Typical Leftie trick.

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
Your plan is a Leftie's wishlist of government spending. Under the guise of covid the USG has spent seven trillion dollars in the last few years after taking God knows how long to spend that much. How about what I said, which is proven to work, is simpler and costs less:

Cut spending (job cuts thus lower tax revenue)

Cut taxes (higher deficits)

Secure the borders. (Contributing to millions of unfilled jobs. The 2013 Immigration Bill that passed the Senate gave Republicans almost everything they wanted. The R House wouldn't pass it. We could have put immigration issues behind us )
My plan could hopefully get us to 2.5% unemployment.

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
Did you really think no one would look deeper?

2019>>>>>>>Four Trillion

2018>>>>>>3.8 Trillion

Nice cherry picking during covid years to show a decrease now. Typical Leftie trick.
Covid years hopefully are just a holding point until we get the best possible policies to get unemployment down to 2.5% with low inflation, low interest rates, as low as possible deficits.

Laner2

Defensive Coordinator
Dec 27, 2007
Covid years hopefully are just a holding transitory (pretty sure you've heard that phrase over the last year) point until we get the best possible policies to get unemployment down to 2.5% with low inflation, low interest rates, as low as possible deficits.
You're a Leftie. Your stuff has never worked. I give you Bribeme.

TampaBaySkers

Offensive Coordinator
Oct 30, 2010
See page five. https://fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts0522.pdf

Spending for this FY is projected to $ 5.7 trillion. As compared to $6.8 trillion for FY21. Pull your head out of your ass.
You’re pleased with 5.7 trillion? Well then.. I guess all is fine with inflation and debt then..

God you’re an idiot.. we should be back to pre-pandemic levels but Biden wants to keep on spending. Thank GOD Manchin dick slapped Biden’s even more massive spending.

6lp7eq.jpg

Last edited:

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
You’re pleased with 5.7 trillion? Well then.. I guess all is fine with inflation and debt then..

God you’re an idiot.. we should be back to pre-pandemic levels but Biden wants to keep on spending. Thank GOD Manchin dick slapped Biden’s even more massive spending.

6lp7eq.jpg
If you can show me how the debt has worsened the economy, then you're not an idiot. Remember, Lincoln born Dick Cheney said deficits don't matter.

FWIW, I'd rather not have this debt.

TampaBaySkers

Offensive Coordinator
Oct 30, 2010
If you can show me how the debt has worsened the economy, then you're not an idiot. Remember, Lincoln born Dick Cheney said deficits don't matter.

FWIW, I'd rather not have this debt.
Are you some sort of retard? Inflation and stagflation recession we are in is proof this debt is terrible for our economy.

Do you spend more than you make? You make poor decisions so wouldn’t surprise me if you answer yes.

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
Are you some sort of retard? Inflation and stagflation recession we are in is proof this debt is terrible for our economy.

Do you spend more than you make? You make poor decisions so wouldn’t surprise me if you answer yes.
Watch your mouth clown. I am respectful to you.

We had high debt just a few years ago with low inflation.

No I don't spend more than I make. I have taken only one vacation of my choice in my life .... for three days.
A few more for my wife. None more than for a week. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs or gamble. I am very conservative with my employer 401 (K).

TampaBaySkers

Offensive Coordinator
Oct 30, 2010
Watch your mouth clown. I am respectful to you.

We had high debt just a few years ago with low inflation.

No I don't spend more than I make. I have taken only one vacation of my choice in my life .... for three days.
A few more for my wife. None more than for a week. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs or gamble. I am very conservative with my employer 401 (K).
I’m sure that 401k is killing it YTD..

more proof this much debt is not good.

hephusker

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2011
This is a much better plan. My plan.

1) Biden needs to do away with any tariffs that has nothing to do with national security.
2) We need to encourage tele working.
3) We need to encourage mass transit. We could pay for all mass transit immediately (at least temporarily) if Congress had the brains to do it.
4) We need more immigrants at least as temporary workers.
5) We need more immigrants who have advanced degrees in STEM. Especially Russian and Chinese. We get stronger in these areas while Russia and China get weaker. The same with Mideast countries.
6) More federal investment on U.S. ports.
Biden needs to step down. His replacement needs to end the stupid Ukraine war and stop harassing oil companies and embrace US energy. Needs to stop all money giveaways in the form of rent assistance, money for non work etc. inflation will crater if he does that. It is mostly due to his green new deal and ill advised giveaway that he pushed through last year.

Last edited:

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
Biden needs to step down. His replacement needs to end the stupid Ukraine war and stop harassing oil companies and embrace US energy. Needs to stop all money giveaways in the form of rent assistance, money for non work etc. inflation will crater if he does that. It is mostly due to his green new deal and I’ll advised giveaway that he pushed through last year.
I agree 100% with you about the Green New Deal. But more people on the street helps no one. We need to convert money for the poor to good paying jobs. No tax increase needed.

Last edited:

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020
Cutting taxes does very little. Most tax cuts go to the rich. But note I am not against the rich and I don't want to see them taxed more. Cutting regs is doesn't help much. Immigrants is not that big a problem. But you guys look for solution that don't take much thinking.
If cutting taxes does little when will you start paying more? Why don't you send an extra $1000 to the govt every month?

Balfor

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2006
You Republicans have no economic policies to assure good, continuous economic growth to get it out of its current state.
Yes, we do. You get out of they way. So you want no tariffs? How huge a disadvantage do all the taxes and regulations put our companies? Completely crazy.

And the funny thing is, we saw real middle class income growth just a couple of year ago.

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
Yes, we do. You get out of they way. So you want no tariffs? How huge a disadvantage do all the taxes and regulations put our companies? Completely crazy.

And the funny thing is, we saw real middle class income growth just a couple of year ago.
You're crazy. We can't cut taxes because we have a debt of over $20 trillion. If you want to cut regulations, give us some specific regulations to cut.

The growth under Trump was nothing special. A year after the tax cut, the unemployment rate barely budged.
A year after, manufacturing employment dropped.

Balfor

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2006
You're crazy. We can't cut taxes because we have a debt of over $20 trillion. If you want to cut regulations, give us some specific regulations to cut.

The growth under Trump was nothing special. A year after the tax cut, the unemployment rate barely budged.
Cutting tax rates generally means more income to the govt. Our problem is spending and regulation. We are at war time levels of govt spending. As far as regulations, how about 90% of them? Not only are they onerous, but they stifle competition. Smaller companies don't have the money or legal depts needed. You understand smaller companies will control their employee levels to avoid certain govt benchmarks? Man, the ACA mess should have made that very clear how govt impacts hiring.

Manufacturing employment is not a good indicator of anything because of automation. Four percent is considered full employment, but we have far too many able bodied people not working. I am a casual observer, but the way the govt measures GDP growth and emplyment seems to be very flawed at basic levels.

TL;DR? :)

Balfor

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2006
I have to pay a caretaker to watch my 95 year old mother in law ... $28k/year.
My mom is starting to worry about her money with this inflation. Probably going to end up costing me. I push fatty foods and discourage any exercise, but she just keeps plugging along. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Laner2

hephusker

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2011

Regulations are a major problem. The average guy on this sight cannot possibly know the issues but everyone who interacts with the government knows this is true. This was Trump's greatest impact...cutting red tape that made no sense.

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
Regulations are a major problem. The average guy on this sight cannot possibly know the issues but everyone who interacts with the government knows this is true. This was Trump's greatest impact...cutting red tape that made no sense.
I had read that Trump was taking credit for regs that were already being phased out.

Specific regs you oppose. ???

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
Clearly your taxes are too low. You definitely don't need a tax cut.
I didn't ask for one.

And unlike the average American, I understand that about 66% percent of my tax dollars go to benefits for me.
Most important SS, Medicare, Defense, Homeland Security, Law/Drug Enforcement.

hephusker

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2011
Most Democrat politicians are not in to lead - it is a career which then moves to press, books, corporate world, woke organizations etc. It is just a forum for ideas and to get noticed. Guys like Kenney are not really interested in helping people or changing the lives of consituents. Lightfoot in Chicago I believe wants to get something accomplished - she is just not intelligent or well liked enought to get it done.

diehardhusker1

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
Philly is just another city that will see things getting worse and worse. I have had over the last 2 years 7 clients pull their annual meetings out of 6 locations and move them to other locations. Those cities are NY, Chicago, Philly, LA, Seattle and San Fran. The reason is the CEO's of these companies have said they can not put their attendees in harms way when they walk out of their hotels to the convention center or going to have drinks outside of the hotel after the events happen. These cities will get worse and worse as you take away the largest industries money away and move it to other cities. Just take this as one example. One large group with 3500 people attending a meeting and think about what one individual brings to that city over the course of 4-5 days....just the tip of it but, Ubers, sleeping room rate (4-5 days), restaurants, bars, tips that's not including taxes and occupancy taxes that the city loses per night per room per person. Its going to get really ugly for these cities.