ADVERTISEMENT

If you think Frost was going to produce a UCF year 2 this year, you were delusional

bobsmithcall1

Sep 8, 2019
and that includes the dumb media members.

What Frost did at UCF has happened one time after 149 seasons of college football have been played. Once people. Once.

Frost is a good coach and will be our coach for 20+ years. Once Frost is winning the Big Ten West (us and WI most years) that game yesterday will be meaningless. It's all about what we do the rest of the season as we build the program.

Frost took over a broken program. Barry Alvarez took over a broken program at WI. He won a Rose Bowl in year 4. Frost will have 10 starters back on O for next season.

Our QB is a sophomore. Our best RB is a sophomore. Our WR talent, outside of JD, that are producing are freshman. When these guys are juniors and seniors the offense will be humming. We will have mutli year starters in the interior by that time as well.

If you think Frost isn't going to win conference titles you will be proven 100% WRONG.

Might want to worry about hanging with Iowa, Purdue, and Northwestern before anointing your team as the cream of the crop with Wisconsin. I figured that game yesterday would have brought y’all back down to Earth but I can see that is literally an impossibility due to the IQ level of most of you. My sympathies, you morons.

Reactions: Bonski
I think the media should NOT be allowed to view practices. BTN is fine, but nobody else. Keep them away. And don't let them speak to players either.

Have Frost speak and that is it outside of the coordinators during game week prep.

The media that goes to these practices for 30 minutes have no clue what they are seeing or what any of it means. They view people warming up, going through some drills and then it's out the door.

I'm fine with former players watching practices that Frost trusts.

The media is to blame for most of the unrealistic hype. Let the program grow before hyping.

Reactions: Dreinhart
Nobody expected an undefeated season this year. But with this favorable schedule, and a returning freshman All-American QB, I don't think it was unreasonable to expect 8-9 wins. Even Callahan, Riley, and Pelini all won 8-10 games in Year 2.

At this point, 6 wins looks optimistic this year.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Might want to worry about hanging with Iowa, Purdue, and Northwestern before anointing your team as the cream of the crop with Wisconsin. I figured that game yesterday would have brought y’all back down to Earth but I can see that is literally an impossibility due to the IQ level of most of you. My sympathies, you morons.

Why are you here?

Iowa isn't anything special. I've been watching college football for almost 40 years now. Sorry to break that news to you Iowa fans. NW isn't anything special either. We should have defeated them last year and they won the division.

I think the media should NOT be allowed to view practices. BTN is fine, but nobody else. Keep them away. And don't let them speak to players either.

Have Frost speak and that is it outside of the coordinators during game week prep.

The media that goes to these practices for 30 minutes have no clue what they are seeing or what any of it means. They view people warming up, going through some drills and then it's out the door.

I'm fine with former players watching practices that Frost trusts.

The media is to blame for most of the unrealistic hype. Let the program grow before hyping.
X1000000

And I wouldn’t hang around on another teams message board, but I’m not a complete loser.

Reactions: timnsun
Frost beginning his second year. Where are those players that would have made you a top twenty five team? A dark horse for a national championship? Do not blame a sportswriter for what you think this season could be. I saw a comment by a sport writer that Frost at Nebraska has not won an away game . If you are to win the west then it will take awhile to get there . It will take good recruiting to get a good first team then time to add depth. Something as simple as a good back up kicker apparently takes time. It will take time and a good coaching staff.

Last edited:
Quit responding to the troll. Lol, trust me, you’re giving the moron what he wants. Stop giving the moron what he wants and he goes away

Reactions: scarletred
Quit responding to the troll. Lol, trust me, you’re giving the moron what he wants. Stop giving the moron what he wants and he goes away
Will he? Says the pussy who can’t even reply to me directly calling me a moron. I see the fans take on the temperament of the team.

What Frost did at UCF has happened one time after 149 seasons of college football have been played. Once people. Once.

Frost is a good coach and will be our coach for 20+ years. Once Frost is winning the Big Ten West (us and WI most years) that game yesterday will be meaningless. It's all about what we do the rest of the season as we build the program.

Frost took over a broken program. Barry Alvarez took over a broken program at WI. He won a Rose Bowl in year 4. Frost will have 10 starters back on O for next season.

Our QB is a sophomore. Our best RB is a sophomore. Our WR talent, outside of JD, that are producing are freshman. When these guys are juniors and seniors the offense will be humming. We will have mutli year starters in the interior by that time as well.

If you think Frost isn't going to win conference titles you will be proven 100% WRONG.

If Brohm stays at Purdue we will win it as often as you guys and Wisconsin .. fleckster is out the first time he does good enough to get something better

Nebraska needed this loss. Now play football. You’re not a playoff team anymore. Go make plays and quit trying to be perfect

Reactions: Dreinhart and 9and4

They also had a BCS appearance two years before and obviously had more talent than any other team in their league. They also had 4 games that were within 1 score and had their game against G-Tech cancelled. They were 4-0 in those close games. So normally they lose one of those close games and maybe lose against G-tech. And a 2 loss season is still great but more in line with a normal successful season. Frost is a good to great coach...his staff is very good. But they are rebuilding and the transition is as stark from Riley to Frost and from Solich to Callahan. For some reason people do not understand that this is a full rebuild vs. a repaint or readjustment. Nu could have won that game in many ways but aren't that much better yet because the depth and talent just isn't there at all positions. If this is still the same way in 3 years then there is a problem, right now it is acceptable although uncomfortable.

You guys pay your coach over $5 million a year, he has only won 57% of his games over a 21 year career. He has only had 2 B1G titles, that were shared and those were in his 4th and 6th seasons none since. I think you might want to step back from the keyboard and reassess the situation, because the morons reside east of the Missouri River.

I’m going to share something with you now, moron. What does Iowa have in common with Colorado, KState, Kansas and Missouri? Each of these teams went on a little run against Nebraska and thought they had finally made it to the top. What’s sad for you is that you hadn’t caught up to us, we had sunk to your level. It took Nebraska stumbling for you to be able to beat us. Difference being if we don’t get the results, we won’t continue to fatten Scott’s bank account. We hold the series lead 29-17-3. We have the longest win streak in the series at 8. We have the largest margin of victory 57-0. So you’ve still got a ways to go for full bragging rights, little brother.

Iowa’s records since their last shared title in 2004:
2005 7-5
2006 6-7
2007 6-6
2008 9-4
2009 11-2
2010 8-5
2011 7-6
2012 4-8
2013 8-5
2014 7-6
2015 12-2
2016 8-5
2017 8-5
2018 9-4

Dude you guys have had 2 great seasons in that time, the rest were average to shitty. If we take out the anomalies, when you only have 5 great seasons in a 21 year career those are anomalies, his record is 96-90. That’s 51%, that’s not worth the investment you guys have made.

ElaborateTallAbyssiniangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Winston Smith 84
Nobody expected an undefeated season this year. But with this favorable schedule, and a returning freshman All-American QB, I don't think it was unreasonable to expect 8-9 wins. Even Callahan, Riley, and Pelini all won 8-10 games in Year 2.

At this point, 6 wins looks optimistic this year.
Cally, and Solich took over for 10-12 win teams....Pelini took over a team that had top 10 recruiting classes. Riley took over 9-10 win team...a program that had won 9 games in 6 straight years...Frost took over for a team that won 4 games with their biggest wins against Arkansas state

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT