ADVERTISEMENT

If you got the opportunity to coach in a major conference

HuskerOH

Senior
Dec 4, 2007
El Ranchito Dominican Republic
What type of offense would you run. What type of defense would you have. How would you get the players to give max effort?

1.) Power I formation that is run orientated. Pro style QB who understands how to throw open receivers. Use misdirection to keep the defense honest. Get backs who want to run people over, not around them. Instill my will on the defense

2.) Use players who are a little undersized but fast, DB's who are not afraid to bring the wood and can play multiple spots. Want my LB's who are tall and lanky who can run and have an attitude. Bring a lot of pressure, do not let the QB get comfortable.

3.) Throw fresh meat in the middle of the field and let them go at it.

1.) depends on the conference I'm in and 2.) what my recruiting challenges look like and finally 3) what coaches I have

What type of offense would you run. What type of defense would you have. How would you get the players to give max effort?

1.) Power I formation that is run orientated. Pro style QB who understands how to throw open receivers. Use misdirection to keep the defense honest. Get backs who want to run people over, not around them. Instill my will on the defense

2.) Use players who are a little undersized but fast, DB's who are not afraid to bring the wood and can play multiple spots. Want my LB's who are tall and lanky who can run and have an attitude. Bring a lot of pressure, do not let the QB get comfortable.

3.) Throw fresh meat in the middle of the field and let them go at it.

Numero Uno.

Honestly, I think this past 3 years has shown that certain offenses only work in certain conferences. If I was coaching in the B1G, no doubting has to be #1.

if you could convince the top talent kids to come play I’d go with the wishbone in a heartbeat one of the toughest offense to stop and 99% of the schools are geared for stopping the pass

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
ADVERTISEMENT